Aft suite cabin 9212 Spirit - concerns

econ

Little concerned about aft suite booked on the Spirit for upcoming December cruise. A few complaints of heavy vibration & noise. Should I be concerned or just look forward to a beautiful view from the aft. Any input would be greatly appreciated[emoji4]

Little concerned about aft suite booked on the Spirit for upcoming December cruise. A few complaints of heavy vibration & noise. Should I be concerned or just look forward to a beautiful view from the aft. Any input would be greatly appreciated[emoji4]

As long as you aren't cruising the same week as we are. I'd have to fight you for it since we're booked in that one too!

I'm on my phone and it doesn't show the countdown clocks. Enjoy your cruise whenever ut may be!

12th of December - and enjoy as well[emoji4]

You are on our sailing and I see that you are new to CC so in case you haven't found it yet here is a link to the roll call http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2047363&page=16. The roll call is where you can meet people that will be sailing with you. You may want to see suggestions of excursions to take or join to save money or have better experiences. There is a meet and greet set up so that you can meet these people and ships officers will attend. We also are going to do a slot pull which you are welcome to join.

We are in a forward suite and DH is still disappointed that I didn't get an aft suite like we normally do as we love it there listening and watching the wake of the ship. I opted for the forward suite as we have a friend joining us and it has a lot more cabin space/privacy. I didn't see pics of the balcony until after I had booked and no more aft suites available and he isn't too happy and I will admit we will miss our favorite retreat.:( Oh well, we're happy to have her join us for her first cruise.:D

Thanks everyone for helping me feel much better about my decision[emoji4]. Knew posting on CC was the best way to determine if I made the right choice on an aft cabin. This is a surprise 60th birthday present for DH and therefore she wasn't a part of the selection process. Was becoming concerned she wouldn't like the aft location. Going to surprise her the week before with the news of the cruise. I'll be sure to check out the roll call & get back to you about the meet & greet and slot pull after DH is surprised[emoji4]. Thanks again & happy cruising!!!

Thanks everyone for helping me feel much better about my decision[emoji4]. Knew posting on CC was the best way to determine if I made the right choice on an aft cabin. This is a surprise 60th birthday present for DH and therefore she wasn't a part of the selection process. Was becoming concerned she wouldn't like the aft location. Going to surprise her the week before with the news of the cruise. I'll be sure to check out the roll call & get back to you about the meet & greet and slot pull after DH is surprised[emoji4]. Thanks again & happy cruising!!!

We are on this sailing too and also aft on 9. There isn't a ton of info about the rooms back there but vibration I guess would only be when docking (from what I"ve read which hasn't been a lot). The one only other thing I read from one or two people is they were getting cigarette smoke into their room at times. I think they said mostly at night so they thought maybe someone smoking in the aft area of the ship.

BTW - there is a door between 9703 and 9708 that leads outside with stairs going up to the aft kids area and bar area.

If you google search there is a couple of videos of these aft ph's. Will give you a good idea of the room. I think they have been redecorated since then. We had this stateroom booked for a Europe cruise but had to cancel. It looks very similar to the Haven suite we had on the Pearl. I was so looking forward to this room and read everything I could on it. That stairway up to the aft pool area looks like an easy way to run up for a hot tub but you'll also have that great balcony and a jacuzzi tub in your room overlooking the sea. Sounds like bliss to me. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks everyone & it does feel a little silly being concerned with vibration & noise when being blessed in an aft suite. Just want to make this the best gift ever for my incredible wife[emoji4]. Look forward to sailing soon & possibly meeting CC friends. Thanks to all[emoji4]

Thanks everyone & it does feel a little silly being concerned with vibration & noise when being blessed in an aft suite. Just want to make this the best gift ever for my incredible wife[emoji4]. Look forward to sailing soon & possibly meeting CC friends. Thanks to all[emoji4]

I've asked a few folks who the concierge is or might be on the Spirit but have not gotten any concrete info. One poster said Karin G. was on a few months ago which would be fantastic if she is sailing with us.

• 3 months later...

We are sailing around Europe on the ship in June and wonder how room 9212 was...plus nice to talk to someone who recently stayed to know what to expect...going to celebrate my 50th birthday with a girlfriend since my husband has no interest in Europe....how many outlets are there?? With 2 women this is an important question....plus we are going to switch off between the sofa bed and bedroom so how bad is that sofa bed?? Thanks for the help....Michelle

Edited by Michelle66

We are sailing around Europe on the ship in June and wonder how room 9212 was...plus nice to talk to someone who recently stayed to know what to expect...going to celebrate my 50th birthday with a girlfriend since my husband has no interest in Europe....how many outlets are there?? With 2 women this is an important question....plus we are going to switch off between the sofa bed and bedroom so how bad is that sofa bed?? Thanks for the help....Michelle

We were a couple rooms over in December and I'll update about the vibration. The first and last day and a half - WOWZA. The vibration was really bad. Most of it was overnight so it didn't bother me too much but it did DW. It felt like there was a bad bearing or something. We had someone visit from our rollcall during the first sea day and said the same thing.

What was odd is that we were sailing another day around 19 knots and it was pretty smooth. I think the top speed is 24 knots so I'm only guessing when it was bad we must have been doing in excess of 19.

We were a couple rooms over in December and I'll update about the vibration. The first and last day and a half - WOWZA. The vibration was really bad. Most of it was overnight so it didn't bother me too much but it did DW. It felt like there was a bad bearing or something. We had someone visit from our rollcall during the first sea day and said the same thing.

What was odd is that we were sailing another day around 19 knots and it was pretty smooth. I think the top speed is 24 knots so I'm only guessing when it was bad we must have been doing in excess of 19.

If it's a bad bearing, it's been going on for several years!! Spirit is our favorite ship, however, we will never stay in the stern again!!! In moderate seas, or when changing speeds for port or docking the vibration was so bad it knocked things of the counters and would wake us up. No problem in the rest of the ship, but the constant thrumming of the propellers and vibrations made it pretty bad on many occasions. We were on deck 9.

If it's a bad bearing, it's been going on for several years!! Spirit is our favorite ship, however, we will never stay in the stern again!!! In moderate seas, or when changing speeds for port or docking the vibration was so bad it knocked things of the counters and would wake us up. No problem in the rest of the ship, but the constant thrumming of the propellers and vibrations made it pretty bad on many occasions. We were on deck 9.

We have stayed aft before and never an issue but never on this boat....well we are booked for June I will let you know if we experience it in the meditteranean 😃😃

We were in that very suite in January this year. No noticeable vibrations. We really liked it and being at the aft of the ship it is nicely sheltered from the wind.

My only complaint would be that the balcony is narrow. It had one lounger plus two chairs and a small table.

Just off the Spirit on February 27 and I was two doors down in 9708. The vibration was very noticeable and loud on several nights (in the middle of the night). If you're a heavy sleeper, you might sleep through it, but as a light sleeper, I lay awake for hours.

Tracy

Just off the Spirit on February 27 and I was two doors down in 9708. The vibration was very noticeable and loud on several nights (in the middle of the night). If you're a heavy sleeper, you might sleep through it, but as a light sleeper, I lay awake for hours.

Tracy

That is the same room we were in. We "only" had it the first and last 1.5 days.

Tracy

Well, TracyE, not sure what to say. We were in aft penthouse suite 9212 & no vibrations experienced during our 14 nights aboard, 16 - 30 Jan 2016. We had various sea conditions & my wife would be the first to complain about odd vibrations, etc., believe me!

We enjoyed this ship.

Happy cruising.

As long as you are not prone at all to motion sickness...

The Spirit had the most motion of any ship we have been on.

I really had to sit dead center in the theatre and only ate in the aft MDR once...

Well, TracyE, not sure what to say. We were in aft penthouse suite 9212 & no vibrations experienced during our 14 nights aboard, 16 - 30 Jan 2016. We had various sea conditions & my wife would be the first to complain about odd vibrations, etc., believe me!

We enjoyed this ship.

Happy cruising.

It must be related to high speed or a combination of some other factors as we had a lot of vibration the first and last 1.5 days. So much all the glasses were rattling and it had a side to side shimmy going on. DW had difficult time sleeping but I was o.k. with it. We had a couple down from the meet and greet and they were surprised and commented on it. We've been in other ships aft and nothing like what we had except when side thrusters are used when docking.

We then went up to their room on 10 forward and it was very smooth and the seas were light.

We had a couple down from the meet and greet and they were surprised and commented on it. We've been in other ships aft and nothing like what we had except when side thrusters are used when docking.

We then went up to their room on 10 forward and it was very smooth and the seas were light.

Hey there dexddd! Fun times with you on the Spirit :)

We were the couple who visited dexddd's aft suite on the first sea day right after the Meet and Greet. There was definitely a loud rumble and vibrations the whole time we were there...very nice suite though :p