UBER & San Pedro Cruise Terminal

trbarton

Has anyone used UBER out of the San Pedro cruise terminal and if so did you have any problem getting service? Tom:)

We have not used Uber from this terminal even though we have thought about it a few times. The live Uber map seems to show several drivers hanging around the port each time a ship is in port. I do not imagine it would be a problem. The cars seem to hang out outside the port so once you book, give them a few minutes to drive in. The port is laid out so that cars entering have to make a long circle drive before they reach the ship.

We have not used Uber from this terminal even though we have thought about it a few times. The live Uber map seems to show several drivers hanging around the port each time a ship is in port. I do not imagine it would be a problem. The cars seem to hang out outside the port so once you book, give them a few minutes to drive in. The port is laid out so that cars entering have to make a long circle drive before they reach the ship.

Thanks for the Imformation.

Tom:D

To piggyback (highjack?? :eek:) on Tom's post: makes sense Uber would be nearby to port but is it possible to use them from LAX to the port??

Other posts regarding other airports & Uber have indicated you have to get to the edge of the airport (one way or another) in order for Uber to be able to pick you up.

I appreciate the feedback!!

To piggyback (highjack?? :eek:) on Tom's post: makes sense Uber would be nearby to port but is it possible to use them from LAX to the port??

Other posts regarding other airports & Uber have indicated you have to get to the edge of the airport (one way or another) in order for Uber to be able to pick you up.

I appreciate the feedback!!

We took Uber from San Pedro port last summer around 8am on a Sunday. The nearest car was 20 minutes away but they did come and pick us up.

We took Uber from LAX just last month. Although LA City Council has approved Uber and Lyft for LAX pick up, the technicalities have not been worked out yet ( $4 fee for pick up and drop off) so we had to take the free airport shuttle to the Green Line station. Many Ubers in the area. You can also call for it by taking the shuttle to the remote parking lot. We just went to the Green Line since that was the first shuttle to come by. Just as an aside, many of the hotel shuttles have signs posted "Not to be used for shared ride services".

Thanks TFCRUISER!

Regarding that potential hotel signage: if you ride Uber to a hotel, is there any potential problem being let out at the door of hotel? I'm assuming the signs actually reference being picked up and not a drop off.

Again, your help is much appreciated!

I am sure the signs on the hotel shuttles have to do with getting picked up at LAX. Since we did not use the hotel shuttle, not sure how the shuttle drivers monitor this such as asking you for your reservation. There would not be any issue riding Uber to any hotel. Currently we have also been taking Uber to LAX without any problem. It just looks like you are being dropped off at departures by a private party.

I have both Uber and Lyft and when you open up either app at LAX they come up blank. That is why everyone is trying to figure out how to get out the the airport to get their ride.

Two airport shuttles will work - one to the Green Line, the other one to Parking Lot C. Both of these areas have a bus transit area that is convenient to wait for the Uber or Lyft driver. All the drivers know this and there are usually several nearby at both locations.

Tom

• 1 year later...

We had great success with an UberSUV from the Fairfield just south of LAX to San Pedro, and an UberSUV from San Pedro to LAX. My wife was able to pre-schedule the return Uber based on our expected time out of the terminal, and after we flew through there she was able to move it up easily.

Uber and Lyft are both available at either the San Pedro Cruise Terminal or if you are arriving at the Long Beach Terminal, they are there also. They usually run approximately 40% less than cabs.

Silly question... but these are Uber and Lyft drivers that are just waiting on non-booked fares right?

Being from Canada, I can't use my data while in the USA or I will get a nice surprise when I get home.... so my choices are to pre-book a shuttle or take a cab... or... if Uber or Lyft is available not pre-arranged.. I can do that.

Another silly question... since I have never used either Uber or Lyft ... they take cash right? Don't need to use mobile app to pay by paypal or something?

Finally.... last silly question for right now... the approximate cost of Uber/Lyft on a Sunday morning to get from San Pedro to an LAX area hotel?

thanks.

Mark.

Silly question... but these are Uber and Lyft drivers that are just waiting on non-booked fares right?

Being from Canada, I can't use my data while in the USA or I will get a nice surprise when I get home.... so my choices are to pre-book a shuttle or take a cab... or... if Uber or Lyft is available not pre-arranged.. I can do that.

Another silly question... since I have never used either Uber or Lyft ... they take cash right? Don't need to use mobile app to pay by paypal or something?

Finally.... last silly question for right now... the approximate cost of Uber/Lyft on a Sunday morning to get from San Pedro to an LAX area hotel?

thanks.

Mark.

You need to have either the Uber or Lyft app loaded on your phone as your account is connected with either a credit or debit card as the drivers don't handle any cash.

I was in Rio last month & made arrangements to have the driver pick us up the next morning to go to the cruise terminal so because I wasn't using the app I paid in cash.

If you have a Wi-Fi connection you can easily use them. That's what I did in Rio.

Tom😎