What do you do for Breakfast on debarkation day...

esdoorn

On my last cruise, my mom and I ordered room service. It didn't arrive at 7:30, so we went to the disabled/assistance area, grabbed a table, and when it finally arrived, we had them bring it to the table.

27926-profile.png

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar free ice creams), lobster, and Creme brulee!

.....my wife and I have been discussing what to do for breakfast on debarkation day and she said we should ask folks on cruise critic what they do...

...so....what do you do if you happen to not have to be off the ship right away ( we are actually staying an extra day in FLL after our cruise ) and we are trying to figure out what to do as check in to our hotel in FLL isn't until 3pm.

thoughts?

We always go to the MDR the morning of debarkation. Lido tends to be a zoo on debarkation day.

On our last cruise (2nd of B2B), we were staying an extra day in Fort Lauderdale because Sunday flights were so expensive, it was $396 cheaper to fly home on Monday. We just sat around onboard till almost everyone was off the ship and went down when they said "last call". However, it was a zoo when we got down there, but since you have time to kill, it should be OK.

You might want to call your hotel & say you will be arriving early. They may or may not have your room ready. You can always sit in the hotel lobby.

Please don't try being the last ones off, that just holds up the incoming passengers. No one starts boarding until Everybody is Off! SO, When your all excited and waiting to board, and they keep holding you back,,, That could be the reason why!

Just curious is the main dining room very busy on the last morning?

We never do breakfast anywhere but the MDR any morning of our cruises. To tell you the truth the MDR never seems busy for breakfast even before debarking. We never can understand why folks serve themselves at the cattle lines when you could be served on your vacation.

.....my wife and I have been discussing what to do for breakfast on debarkation day and she said we should ask folks on cruise critic what they do...

...so....what do you do if you happen to not have to be off the ship right away ( we are actually staying an extra day in FLL after our cruise ) and we are trying to figure out what to do as check in to our hotel in FLL isn't until 3pm.

thoughts?

We eat just like we do any other day, only a little earlier.

As far as your hotel, don't wait until 3:00 to go check in. You can often get your room early, and even if you can't get into your room they will hold your luggage for you.

Our very first cruise (last cruise) we ran up to the Lido to grab some stuff and then brought it back down to our room to munch on while we finished packing. We did self-assist.

I'm really not quite sure what we'll do this time. We definitely plan on doing self-assist again and want to be off the ship quite early. We may order room service. Not sure.

thoughts?

We eat in the Lido. Then we go back to the room to collect our stuff.

I used to do room service light continental of fruit and croissant, but the last two cruises, I had fttf, (aka, faster to the fun ) which also gives you zone one debarkation, right after self assist, so the last two cruises I didn't bother with breakfast at all, and just ate when I got to where I was going after debarkation.

One of the best things I like about Carnival is debarkation room service.

Bring a carafe of coffee and some type of carb I'm good to go for getting off the ship.

I thought all cruiselines did but they donnt

If we are having a late flight or staying over for a night we rent a car

A lot cheaper than a cruiseship excursion or taxi

Edited by jonbgd