PACIFIC ARIA nee RYNDAM

Topsham

Here is a new photo showing the PACIFIC ARIA.

Photo by 'RHP' at Singapore and posted on Ships Nostalgia.

Apart from the new P&O logo on the funnel and the sides... and front.... all looks well!

I must admit... I like the nice names for the two ships. Still want new ships? Well, these two are 23 years and I hope will run for many years.... and the rest of her life in the sunshine!

Stephen

1836615692_PACIFICEDENSTATENDAM.jpg.f5605ce888e2e4d4a397491ef1473274.jpg

Here is a new photo showing the PACIFIC ARIA.

Photo by 'RHP' at Singapore and posted on Ships Nostalgia.

Apart from the new P&O logo on the funnel and the sides... and front.... all looks well!

I must admit... I like the nice names for the two ships. Still want new ships? Well, these two are 23 years and I hope will run for many years.... and the rest of her life in the sunshine!

Stephen

Interesting that the attached photo actually says it's the old Statendam now the Pacific Eden not the Ryndam.

Interesting that the attached photo actually says it's the old Statendam now the Pacific Eden not the Ryndam.

I typed in the name as PACIFIC EDEN - STATENDAM for my file... but t should be PACIFIC ARIA - RYNDAM.

The name on the ship's bow is very small. Should be a bit higher.

I joke a message to a well know author this morning.... told him that ALL ships in the fleet.... P&O, P&O AUSTRALIA, SEABOURN, PRINCESS all to be painted BLUE.... just the logos on funnel will be different. That caused him to raise his blood pressure a few points.... adding that all the new names would be: PRINSENARIA, PRINSENEDEN, PRINSEN CARIBBEAN, etc.

I shouldn't joke on these things!!! Might all happen!

I typed in the name as PACIFIC EDEN - STATENDAM for my file... but t should be PACIFIC ARIA - RYNDAM.

I joke a message to a well know author this morning.... told him that ALL ships in the fleet.... P&O, P&O AUSTRALIA, SEABOURN, PRINCESS all to be painted BLUE.... just the logos on funnel will be different. That caused him to raise his blood pressure a few points.... adding that all the new names would be: PRINSENARIA, PRINSENEDEN, PRINSEN CARIBBEAN, etc.

It is good to see her. My first real cruise was on the then new Ryndam in January 1995. Will always be a sentimental favorite.

I made maiden voyages on all of the four S Class. Each were quite different... and all quite beautiful. After the MV or the RYNDAM... I only came on board just once... as a joke. I was in Vancouver and RYNDAM was in port. With permission from HAL and had a pass... I went to the stairwell... with a small set of paints... and set to work to change the Bahamian flag at the mast instead to the Dutch flag. Took just fifteen minute or so.... but no one asked me what the heck I was up to. I sent a bill to HAL for changing the flag.... $1.50. ;)

Thanks for the pictures everyone. Sigh...we like the small ships and always will. Long may they sail!

We will try the new Koningsdam (hopefully I spelled that correctly, apologies if I did not) because of the family friendly cabins. But that is probably the only reason if I am honest. I see the mega ships of other lines and just shudder. Not for us but glad others enjoy them. We just love HAL and its ambiance and even with our two children it is the line for all 4 of us.

I made maiden voyages on all of the four S Class. Each were quite different... and all quite beautiful. After the MV or the RYNDAM... I only came on board just once... as a joke. I was in Vancouver and RYNDAM was in port. With permission from HAL and had a pass... I went to the stairwell... with a small set of paints... and set to work to change the Bahamian flag at the mast instead to the Dutch flag. Took just fifteen minute or so.... but no one asked me what the heck I was up to. I sent a bill to HAL for changing the flag.... $1.50. ;)

Cute storey, Stephen. :cool:Trust they treated you to a cocktail or two after the painting.

The old Noordam was my first cruise. It was a 14 day Mexican riviera. Its interesting to see it now.

The old Noordam was my first cruise also and is still my favorite ship. It was a 10 day Alaska tour/cruise with my husband, my mother and my dad.

Edited by lazey1

Cute storey, Stephen. :cool:Trust they treated you to a cocktail or two after the painting.

No. I didn't get a cocktail! :-(

Several years ago a passenger wanted a piece of ceramic I had done. She asked the Captain what he should tell me. Nice fellow... said to her, "Stephen will work for alcohol!" So... she came and gave me an offer. She got the plate... and I had a nice bottle of wine! :)

She was here in port a couple of days ago and looking lovely, but now takes a couple of hundred more passengers - one wonders where. I think that P&O have probably added a few bunk beds as it tends to be a real family/school holiday line.

Edited by Beejay4016

She was here in port a couple of days ago and looking lovely, but now takes a couple of hundred more passengers - one wonders where. I think that P&O have probably added a few bunk beds as it tends to be a real family/school holiday line.

Not necessarily.... most of these cabins can take a third or fourth passenger.... just as so the lifeboat capacity is fine... and it is.

The old Noordam was my first cruise. It was a 14 day Mexican riviera. Its interesting to see it now.

I loved the 14 night Mexico cruises with overnight in Acapulco from San Francisco back in the 80's. Did several of them.

Funny, the ship looked so big back than :)