Thomas Cook Flights to Caribbean

Bruce62

I don't know about them all but certainly some are all economy aircraft that I believe have the new seats and entertainment system but the cabin itself hasn't been upgraded. These don't have the toilets "downstairs" and are I understand old British Midland aircarft. About 15 years old.

The last TC plane that we flew on, from Barbados after a cruise - was a wide body A330. The experience was not good:

seats were uncomfortable and did NOT recline even a little - 7.5 hours flight

insufficient overhead storage, much in our area was used for crew stuff including plastic glasses etc for cabin service

where we were sitting did not reflect the cabin layout on personaliser meaning that screens etc were offset by 45 degrees for us

Edited by Justmyopinion
update

We are going on Thomas Cook flight to Barbados in 2 weeks from Manchester and I was also interested to know this.According to their website the older refurbished planes now have less seats per row so have more seat width 2.4.2 these planes fly from Manchester and Belfast.The newer planes fly from London but don't have a premium section and are all economy.

I have pre booked my seats and the plane does have the 2.4.2 seat configuration and a premium section so I hope it has been refurbished. Last year we were also lucky enough to be on the Dreamliner but not this time.

We are going on Thomas Cook flight to Barbados in 2 weeks from Manchester and I was also interested to know this.According to their website the older refurbished planes now have less seats per row so have more seat width 2.4.2 these planes fly from Manchester and Belfast.The newer planes fly from London but don't have a premium section and are all economy.

I have pre booked my seats and the plane does have the 2.4.2 seat configuration and a premium section so I hope it has been refurbished. Last year we were also lucky enough to be on the Dreamliner but not this time.

Hope so but the plane that we travelled on, referred to above, had a premium section, 2-4-2 configuration and looked pretty new.

Thanks for the replies...

I have looked at their web-site, but I have booked the premium cabin and fly from Gatwick. Therefore I am assuming that the info on their web-page is for their normal flights, rather than a charter to P&O.

My assumption is that I will be on one of the 'Manchester' aircraft, which they will divert to Gatwick?

The last TC plane that we flew on, from Barbados after a cruise - was a wide body A330. The experience was not good:

seats were uncomfortable and did NOT recline even a little - 7.5 hours flight

insufficient overhead storage, much in our area was used for crew stuff including plastic glasses etc for cabin service

where we were sitting did not reflect the cabin layout on personaliser meaning that screens etc were offset by 45 degrees for us

That was exactly our experience in January this year. In our party of 4 we all said that we would not travel with a TC flight again to the Caribbean.

We are on the 5.12 to Barbados from Manchester, we have booked seats in economy as they said there were none available in the premium cabin, but when I look on the seat booker it looks like I can book the premium seats I don't want to try in case loose my 2 seats as there are no more 2 seaters available. This may mean we don't have a premium section on the plane??

CCFC - what website do I Google the flight number on?

We are on the 5.12 to Barbados from Manchester, we have booked seats in economy as they said there were none available in the premium cabin, but when I look on the seat booker it looks like I can book the premium seats I don't want to try in case loose my 2 seats as there are no more 2 seaters available. This may mean we don't have a premium section on the plane??

CCFC - what website do I Google the flight number on?

If you tell me the flight number I will gladly do it for you. We are on TOM830 from Birmingham on the 5th.

Edited by CCFC

Can anybody tell me if the TC flights to Barbados from Gatwick are in their new improved aircraft, or the old ones?

Have been lucky last two years to get the Thomson's Dreamliner, but alas not this time.

Thanks,

The Thomas Cook Aircraft are listed under: http://www.planespotters.net/airline/Thomas-Cook-Airlines

You can glean a lot of information from there.

Regards John