Passport Card or Full Passport

merleebird

US does not give the extended passport, just the 10 years.

For US, flying to Hawaii is no different than flying to any other US state.

Except in Hawaii they have a thing going about taking fruits and vegetables out of the state, have to go through a special inspection.

But I have a friend travel to France and they need a passport have at least 6 months before expiration date.

A U.S. passport is valid for entering the United States until its expiration date. Other countries around the world have their own regulations such as the one you cited.

Edited by ColinIllinois

A U.S. passport is valid for entering the United States until its expiration date. Other countries around the world have their own regulations such as the one you cited.

Actually, the U.S. does technically have a six month requirement for foreign visitors to the U.S. But then that rule lists the countries that are exempt from that six month requirement...and that list looks like it covers about every country in the world. Then the rule says that for those countries' visitors, the passport must be valid for the stated period of intended stay.

Actually, the U.S. does technically have a six month requirement for foreign visitors to the U.S. But then that rule lists the countries that are exempt from that six month requirement...and that list looks like it covers about every country in the world. Then the rule says that for those countries' visitors, the passport must be valid for the stated period of intended stay.

My response was about U.S. passports for returning to the U.S.A.

Thanks everyone for the reply. We are leaving in 19 days and my daughter's passport is expire on Feb. 2nd 2016. We will only be gone for 10 days so I guess we will be OK to come back before the expiration date. :)

What nationality is the passport and where are you traveling to?