Allure Of The Seas 10/15/15 - 10/22/15 Western Caribbean

Your pictures are amazing quality! What kind of camera are you using?

Thanks, I shoot with a Nikon D90. The pics of Mama Mia were done with my 105 lens and so were the OceanAria. Other pics are taken with my 18-200 lens. I then download them in Adobe Lightroom to do a few touch-ups and cropping.

I am debating upgrading to a Nikon D750 but think I will wait for the next generation next year?

Day 2 (Monday 11/16/15) Nassau

I remained onboard since I was here 4 days ago on the NCL Escape. I spent the day relaxing on the ship and enjoy the Suite. I was also checking out all of the new places and enhancements the Allure had received since I was here last.

One of the best improvements is the upgrade to Voom Internet. I was able to make and receive phone calls on my personal IP Phone and my Office IP Phone Apps on my phone that were clear. The apps I use are as follows:

Personal IP Phone is magicApp by MagicJack (it is cheap and it works)

Business IP Phone is GrandStream Wave by Grandstream

O3B%20on%20Allure-XL.jpg

The BEST place for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner is Coastal Kitchen in the Suite/Pinnacle Lounge on Deck 17. I thought the service was fast and friendly and the food was better than in the main dining room (I will get more in depth on the main dining room later). Once I discovered it I was eating all of my meals there.

20151117-Jeff-D90-Allureoftheseas%20%281%20of%201%29-XL.jpg

20151117-Jeff-D90-Allureoftheseas%20%281%20of%201%29-3-XL.jpg

20151117-Jeff-D90-Allureoftheseas%20%281%20of%201%29-2-XL.jpg

Day 2 (Monday 11/16/15) Nassau

I remained onboard since I was here 4 days ago on the NCL Escape. I spent the day relaxing on the ship and enjoy the Suite. I was also checking out all of the new places and enhancements the Allure had received since I was here last.

One of the best improvements is the upgrade to Voom Internet. I was able to make and receive phone calls on my personal IP Phone and my Office IP Phone Apps on my phone that were clear. The apps I use are as follows:

Personal IP Phone is magicApp by MagicJack (it is cheap and it works)

Business IP Phone is GrandStream Wave by Grandstream

O3B%20on%20Allure-XL.jpg

Sailing Allure in 9 days, considering Escape next year. How was it?!

Now about the Main Dining Room on Deck 3:

Way to many new crew members that were doing the seating were looking at maps of the dining room constantly. They were even searching for the correct table numbers at times and didn't appear to be figuring it out????

The quality of food appears to be going through another cycle where it isn't the best. Over the last 18 years I have seen this happen a couple of times on RCCL. I hope they fix it fast since it isn't the standard and quality I have come to expect. As far as the main dining room food goes and comparing it to 2 Norwegian Ships since September I would give the Norwegian the thumbs up and Royal Caribbean the thumbs down. Before you start to blast me for this I am Loyal To Royal but the dining room food was only a click above buffet food on this sailing and I refuse to go in the dining room anymore. Instead I have been going to the Coastal Kitchen.

Sailing Allure in 9 days, considering Escape next year. How was it?!

You can see my Escape Review on the link.

For my daughters spring break we will be going on the MSC Divina. We got an awesome deal on a triple occupancy balcony and MSC is also doing the Loyalty Match Promotion. Between the price and the Loyalty Match I figured we would give it a shot. The took my C&A Level and made me Black (Top Tier) in the MSC Loyalty Program. Time will tell, I will write a report in April on the MSC Forum. I would have liked to have come back on Allure, Oasis, or Freedom in the Spring but couldn't justify paying twice as much for only a inside or outside cabin????

Day 3 (Tuesday 11/17/15) Sea Day

Spent the day relaxing out on my balcony and also just walking the ship taking some pics. I did try the main dining room one last time and it was still seriously failing in my opinion. While out shooting pics at night I started asking some crew members what was going on with the lights on the Carousel and numerous street light out on the board walk??? Got numerous responses on the Carousel but the thing that matched was they were out for a while. When I saw a couple officers on the ship out there I mentioned that to them and asked why are kids riding on a dark Carousel with no lights at night. When I asked them about the street lights they sort of gave me the deer in the headlight look until I pointed them out to them (5 lights out). Glad to report that on day 4 they were working on the Carousel and the lights in Falmouth and got them all running. While I also had there ear I mentioned that the lights on the Starbucks sign were out and showed them pics from my prior cruises showing them lit up. I was told all sorts of stories about that one. They mentioned that they had been trying to fix them for a while and couldn't figure out the problem????? I said simple solution is to rewire and put new lights in it. I also mentioned this to the Hotel Director on Day 5 but still at Day 7 they are not operational?

These lights on the Boardwalk and Promenade are part of the atmosphere when it gets dark. Lights are and should be a simple fix and they should be proactive instead of reactive when alerted by a guest?

Starbucks (November 2015)

20151117-Jeff-D90-Allure-5654-XL.jpg

Starbucks (February 2012)

20120229-Jeff-D90-AllureCruise-0676-XL.jpg

Edited by outtoseacruise