Splendor drydock

lisajm

I heard that there have been some complaints about that too and that it was an exhaust issue. Are you booked for a cabin in that area? If so, I would see about moving if u can IMO. But, I am sure they will be working on it and hopefully solve during DD...

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

We are taking our first cruise in July on Splendor. I have read here that there is a strong sewer smell on deck 2. I am really worried about his as it is our first cruise and I don't want that to be the impression my daughter and husband are left with.

Any chance this will get taken care of while it is in dry dock? Do they fix that type of thing or is it there to stay?

Thanks for any thoughts.

I've never heard this before? We are in deck 2, aft in a OV corner cabin. I would hate to give that up due to sewage smell, but honestly not seen those comments for Splendor.

I did read about that for Conquest, but we never noticed anything like that when we sailed on her in September.

Ok.. Just checked. It seems it is a conquest class thing and on the splendor but From what I can see is it is midship deck 4 and it depends on the wind... Worse when ship is docked... So you should be OK. Of course there are sometimes the "random" toilet/pipe issues but nothing systemic... And hopefully should all be addressed during dry Dock cause I am sure they don't want those complaints! Have a great cruise!

Thanks for checking poz222. I had originally booked a spa balcony, but then granddaughter announced her wedding for September and I suddenly needed to divide my vacation money between traveling to WV for wedding and going on my annual autumn cruise.

So I downgraded, but still think I have an awesome cabin, 2470. We are accustomed to cabins without a balcony - having had OV for the last 4 cruises. But I definitely wouldn't like sewage odor. I know our cabin is under the MDR but I don't think it will bother us in the middle of the night...and we are early risers.

Ok.. Just checked. It seems it is a conquest class thing and on the splendor but From what I can see is it is midship deck 4 and it depends on the wind... Worse when ship is docked... So you should be OK. Of course there are sometimes the "random" toilet/pipe issues but nothing systemic... And hopefully should all be addressed during dry Dock cause I am sure they don't want those complaints! Have a great cruise!

The Splendor is not in the conquest class. It is the only ship in its class.

We are booked for cabin 2328 OV in July. I've read about this issue on a few people's comments about Splendor. It is good to know some of you have not had that experience. And hopefully dry dock takes care of it - if it is fixable. Also good to think it is an exhaust issue rather than a systemic sewer issue. That would make it much less "gross".

Thanks so much for responding and checking things out. I appreciate it.

We just spent two weeks on the Splendor. We had a room by the Aft Stairs on Deck 2. During the two weeks we were on her, we did smell different types of odors at times but nothing that we were concerned about. We have smelled those same odors on other ships as well. The worse odor the entire trip was the cleaner they were using on Turn-around day. :) Enjoy the Splendor, she is a great ship with a great crew (should be even better after her dry dock).

Tom

We just spent two weeks on the Splendor. We had a room by the Aft Stairs on Deck 2. During the two weeks we were on her, we did smell different types of odors at times but nothing that we were concerned about. We have smelled those same odors on other ships as well. The worse odor the entire trip was the cleaner they were using on Turn-around day. :) Enjoy the Splendor, she is a great ship with a great crew (should be even better after her dry dock).

Tom

we have also stayed AFT on deck 2 twice on Splendor. Loved the location .. Great ship

Sorry.... pink doughnuts staying. Contractors words...

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

We LOVE the pink doughnuts! They're whimsical.

Am I the only one who thinks that the 2.0 "upgrades" are not great?

RFRB and BITB just take up valuable space on Lido. They disrupt the flow of traffic. I find Guy's burgers greasy and overcooked. Blue Iguana does have some good offerings.

Tandoor is my favorite. We sailed Breeze last month. I chose Tandoor for lunch every singe day. Yum. We also experienced American Table for the first time. The four of us LOVED the menu choices!

Did I read that she still has a sushi bar and not the Taste Bar, which in my opinion is awful?

We're getting ready to book for next February.

Someone in my roll call thread posted a link from carnival on the changes happening for dry dock.

https://help.goccl.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3307/~/dry-dock-schedules-and-upgrades

"new staterooms deck 9 farward"

I thought uh oh, my stateroom is on Deck 9 towards the front. lemme guess i'm going to loose my room now or are they doing the grand ocean view rooms over the captains bridge.

went to look at splendor deck plans to see and they already reflect the new changes. they wiped out the forward deck above the captains bridge for 2 catains suites and grand oceanview rooms. This really sucks cause I picked my balcony room towards the front for easy access onto that forward deck. now its going to be gone. :mad:

Now to look over the rest of the deck plans to see what else has changed.

My parents cabin is being made smaller due to the addition of the Captian's suites. They are booked into a Jr suite all the way forward. I hope Carnival offers some type of compensation due to them not getting the sq footage they originally booked.

We LOVE the pink doughnuts! They're whimsical.

Am I the only one who thinks that the 2.0 "upgrades" are not great?

RFRB and BITB just take up valuable space on Lido. They disrupt the flow of traffic. I find Guy's burgers greasy and overcooked. Blue Iguana does have some good offerings.

Tandoor is my favorite. We sailed Breeze last month. I chose Tandoor for lunch every singe day. Yum. We also experienced American Table for the first time. The four of us LOVED the menu choices!

Did I read that she still has a sushi bar and not the Taste Bar, which in my opinion is awful?

We're getting ready to book for next February.

We already booked for February 12th to the 19th doing an Eastern Carib. cruise. We were hoping for the "upgrades" but either way we are looking forward to our cruise. We have not been on this ship but are eager to check her out! We will need a break from another Wisconsin winter.

Lee & Kelli

Poz, are they at least keeping the Grille? I really like Guy's burgers...and especially his fries...but I'd be happy with a regular hamburger joint. Do they also do hot dogs? (I thought I read somewhere that the Splendor had hot dogs on lido)

Thanks

Does that wipe out the deck that is above the bridge?

Yes, it will be completely gone with the new staterooms on deck 9. the 2 new captains suites in the corners will use the overhanging deck as their private balcony. The junior suites at the front on each side will have that 45 degree angle wall removed and the forward wall pulled in for the new captains suites but the junior suites will still remain 275 s.f in size just now the room will be squared.

I tried to do a mock booking for our cruise in April to see what those rooms are going for but there not even listed yet so that has me worried that workers might still be working on the rooms during our cruise, hammers, drills, saws and other noise coming from the new construction just 4 doors away from our balcony room on lido deck.