Splendor drydock

lisajm

Yes, all others staying as is (but American Table is being installed)...

Dang...that sucks. I was really hoping they wouldn't switch to American table yet... Guess I'll be eating on the Lido a couple nights or so... :(

Dang...that sucks. I was really hoping they wouldn't switch to American table yet... Guess I'll be eating on the Lido a couple nights or so... :(

Query: why do you dislike American Table? We experienced AT for the first time on Breeze two weeks ago. The four of us loved it! The menu selections were delicious. I prefer AT to the old menu now.

I will be happy to experience the American Table menu on my next cruise. On my last cruise which was a 5 day, and the old standard menu , I only ate in the Mdr three nights out of five. It was ok those three nights, but I am really looking forward to trying the new menu. What I like about the AT menu is that you can order the sides you like and sauces as well. and the Port of Call items do appeal to me also. I am not worried about no table cloth. I will try it and then see how it goes. Looking forward to American Table finally.

That is an older article...I sent a message to John Heald asking for details. He says nothing for publication yet, but he would post as soon as he has more information. I keep watching....

He knows but he just lies.

Query: why do you dislike American Table? We experienced AT for the first time on Breeze two weeks ago. The four of us loved it! The menu selections were delicious. I prefer AT to the old menu now.

It was boring. I did like the port of calls though. That's pretty much all I ordered (except on lobster/prime rib night! :) )

All the good desserts were gone (bitter 'n blanc). On the old menu I ordered desserts every night. With AT I think I ordered dessert once on a 7 day cruise...everything was just boring...except one...Buttered Popcorn Pot de Creme with raspberry sauce (or something like that)...didn't sound good but they brought it to me by mistake and it was great! I'm not a fan of the melting chocolate cake. It's good, but just missing something... and the normal ones were messed up. Instead of Tiramasu, they have Nutella Tiramasu... ***??? A lot of the desserts on the menu sounded weird...but I found out later that they just were HORRIBLE descriptions. The "sauce" was usually on the side and you didn't have to eat it... The descriptions make it sound like it's mixed in or on top... If they just put pictures on the menu, that would help SO MUCH! :)

The menu was just boring normal food other than the port of call. No "didya ever" items...

The Main's were the ones that were different each night and they were boring normal foods I can get at any restaurant at home..

The "from the grill" was pretty much the same every night... some kind of basic fish, chicken, beef, or pork...nothing fancy.

The "rare finds" were good sometimes... But I liked the old ones better.

The sides were pretty normal stuff... fries or baked potato, or ratatouille, etc...

It's not "bad" food by any means...it's just boring stuff I can get at a basic restaurant at home. I'd much rather try new and exotic things.

I was very disappointed almost every night and almost just went to the lido.

Now that I know Splendor is going to AT, I'm probably going to plan a few nights eating on the lido instead of mdr... :(

I'm hoping I can request Bitter 'n Blanc for the last night. We did that on our Liberty cruise and the chef made it special for us! It was SO GOOD! :)

For those still speculating on the current dry dock, if you believe Carnival's own website, it will include Playlist and Hasbro as both are listed as "coming soon" for Splendor. Nothing listed for Guys, Blue Iguana, Red Frog so I presume a no to all of those.

I just now Googled "Carnival American Table Menu" and found dozens of photos of the menus.

I did the same last night but only found Cozumel menu and Western Caribbean menu. Apparently the menu changes each night with different entrees depending on what port your at. I'm doing a western Caribbean cruise next month but could only find Cozumel and the Western Caribbean menus. I'm guessing the Western Caribbean menu is for sea days.

Still looking for Belize, Mahogany bay and Grand Cayman

I did see some plates that sounded good but desert menu is VERY weak IMO.

I can go up to Lido buffet after dinner and raid the desert line or go to the chocolate bar.

I did the same last night but only found Cozumel menu and Western Caribbean menu. Apparently the menu changes each night with different entrees depending on what port your at. I'm doing a western Caribbean cruise next month but could only find Cozumel and the Western Caribbean menus. I'm guessing the Western Caribbean menu is for sea days.

Still looking for Belize, Mahogany bay and Grand Cayman

I did see some plates that sounded good but desert menu is VERY weak IMO.

I can go up to Lido buffet after dinner and raid the desert line or go to the chocolate bar.

Not Splendor specifically but it is the American table. I hope this helps.

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/aNew/index.htm

For those still speculating on the current dry dock, if you believe Carnival's own website, it will include Playlist and Hasbro as both are listed as "coming soon" for Splendor. Nothing listed for Guys, Blue Iguana, Red Frog so I presume a no to all of those.

No Guys, or Blue Iguana, or Red Frog. It's just a "spruce up" dry dock...they are refreshing and putting in new mattresses and tiles and overall clean up. Only thing "new" will be a re-arranging of the deck 9 front suites. Eliminating the deck 9 front observation deck.

You won't find anything special on American Table for Grand Cayman. It's just the "American Feast" menu and no "Port of Call" or "Rare Finds" I guess there isn't anything that GC is known for food-wise...although turtle soup comes to mind... (seriously :) )

No Guys, or Blue Iguana, or Red Frog. It's just a "spruce up" dry dock...they are refreshing and putting in new mattresses and tiles and overall clean up. Only thing "new" will be a re-arranging of the deck 9 front suites. Eliminating the deck 9 front observation deck.

You won't find anything special on American Table for Grand Cayman. It's just the "American Feast" menu and no "Port of Call" or "Rare Finds" I guess there isn't anything that GC is known for food-wise...although turtle soup comes to mind... (seriously :) )

Yes, I would think turtle soup would be it, though maybe they can't get the turtles from the turtle farm onboard. I had turtle steak in GC, thought it was good! Even my daughter liked it.

I had the most amazing flying fish sandwich from a roadside stand once in GC... But like the turtle soup, it will not make it to menu...

I had one of those in Barbardos... VERY VERY GOOD! I hope I can find some FF sandwiches on my trip in May! :) (ohco rios, gc, and coz)

Heading west from the port in GC (away from 7 mile) there is a tiny yellow shack just off the main road (about 1/2 mile down) that sells hamburgers and flying fish sandwiches (when in season and May should be good season) they usually put a sign out front saying they have FF sandwiches when they have them... There are also a few places serving some great Lionfish dishes nowadays...

Here's a question I haven't seen asked/answered yet in regards to the dry-dock 'non' upgrades!

Does anyone know or have they heard whether they are going to be adding the Splendor to the list of ships on the 'Carnival HUB app' during this? I assume its an upgrade in network and I suspect they aren't going to be spending that money on a ship that will be heading overseas in the next couple of years.

Edited by Crawl11

Not too much new in cabins. New mattresses and all spruced up... Dings and chips in bathrooms mostly fixed... They're super busy cleaning her up now until they reach port tomorrow... Pools look great!

When is her first cruise post-drydock? I am cruising on April 3, I thought we were the second cruise to sail post dydock.