Splendor drydock

lisajm

Somebody better notify the contractors as they are not aware... Maybe the CD is doing the work?

Are you one of the contractors?

Do you happen to have a current site that tells what is or isn't going onto the Splendor? I have searched, but really can't find anything but one site. This site won't let me post the web address - but if you do a search on "Carnival Splendor drydock" and go to the site of "cruising.me" minus the g at the end of cruising you will find Splendor drydock info.

Edited by pe4all

Website is not accurate as some details I am certain are still being finalized. However, no waterworks, guys, red frog, blue whatever reptile but yes for new shows, upgraded spa and American table. But it will get a really good "sprucing up" and be looking tip top... Just no major design changes... It is slated for China eventually so it will have different needs.

Edited by poz222
Added some info

poz, I still don't know where you are getting your information if the cruise director on the Splendor says YES they are getting Red Frog and Blue Iguana and you are saying no. Who exactly are you - that you would have more definitive information than the cruise directory on the vessel?

I'm not being sassy or mean, just really interested in the real information.

I understand the CD (part of the entertainment staff) is saying they wull get this (btw ask the Hotel Director for a more accurate picture) but I realize i am just a random internet person So I guess you will have to wait to find out for sure. I'm not going to go into details. I try to update people here with the information I have (which whether you believe it or not is very reliable ) but I am not in a position to detail who it comes from (not wanting any trouble). In less than a month it will be public info so until then everyone can speculate or believe whomever they want. But for those expecting the 2.0 stuff, please do not be disappointed come March 20. Regardless the ship will look great!

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

I understand the CD (part of the entertainment staff) is saying they will get this (btw ask the Hotel Director for a more accurate picture) but I realize i am just a random internet person So I guess you will have to wait to find out for sure. I'm not going to go into details. I try to update people here with the information I have (which whether you believe it or not is very reliable ) but I am not in a position to detail who it comes from (not wanting any trouble).

It is all very confusing. I found this old article online where the (possibly former?) Hotel Director says the Splendor is getting the full 2.0.

http://www.beyondships2.com/carnival-splendor-hotel-director.html

Based on other information I've heard it is just getting spruced up for it's future Asian clientele (possibly toning down the pink).

I guess I will FINALLY know the answer when I board her at the end of March. :)

Yes apparently Splendor was supposed to get a few of the 2.0 features but when Carnival made the decision to send Splendor to China everything changed as to what it was getting during dry dock. John Heald said a couple weeks ago in his face book page that Splendor was NOT getting the 2.0 features except the entertainment 2.0 upgrades. John Heald I think knows better whats going on then anyone else.

I haven't sat through a show on Carnival since they took out the live music.

You will be pleased to know as late as a month ago, Splendor was the only Carnival ship left with a stage live band. And they played good music too. Whether this will remain the case after dry docking is another question.

I'm glad the pink is staying....I really want to experience that! And I'm glad I will get the opportunity to cruise on her before she gets moved to Asia.

I really don't mind not having the 2.0 facilities, Guy's is yummy but it's certainly not a deal breaker.

Every cruise is an experience and I enjoy every day I'm sailing....

Not to beat a dead horse - but a new post on the first page just stated that CCL is now not going to China until 2018. Wonder if that will change what they will be putting on the ship, as it will be here in the U.S. 2 more years. Maybe CD Kevin was right! Providing a link to the article that the op put up:

http://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/13860-carnival-cruise-line-postpones-china-entry.html

Not to beat a dead horse - but a new post on the first page just stated that CCL is now not going to China until 2018. l[/url]

Smart move. China's economy is not doing well right now. There is no point rushing into a new market if cruise demand is softening. All I can say is: China's loss, our gain.

Can you please share the funtimes when you get back?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I always have good intentions about that sort of thing. I plan to take tons of pictures, but then I have so much fun that I forget! Will try is all I can promise.:rolleyes:

Nope... drydock plans require so extensive planning it would be waaaayyy too late for any major changes.

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Yeah but who knows when Carnival actually made the decision to postpone china. this decision could have been made a couple months or 3 ago and their just now making the decision public. In any case I could care less. Splendor already has a burger grill, burrito bar, lots of other alcohol bars, good food and entertainment on-board.

Yeah but who knows when Carnival actually made the decision to postpone china. this decision could have been made a couple months or 3 ago and their just now making the decision public. In any case I could care less. Splendor already has a burger grill, burrito bar, lots of other alcohol bars, good food and entertainment on-board.

I agree. Just enjoy!!!

Edited by TR Cruisers

I always have good intentions about that sort of thing. I plan to take tons of pictures, but then I have so much fun that I forget! Will try is all I can promise.:rolleyes:

I won't hold you to it ;)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Sadly, from what I have heard, she is getting the new Playlist Production shows and losing the show band which makes me very sad. Was on her in Jan. and one of the best cast I had seen on a Carnival ship in years!

Pat

The Playlist production shows are poor at best. I miss the show band & talented singers and dancers. I went to one Playlist show...never again.:(

As much as I love the 2.0 stuff, I think Splendor is better off without those upgrades. She has a fabulous selection of restaurants and bars to choose from, plus some unique design features that set her apart from the rest of the fleet. Let Splendor be different. It can be a plus if not every ship has the exact same stuff onboard.

I sailed on the Splendor last October and would go back onboard in a heartbeat!

We are taking our first cruise in July on Splendor. I have read here that there is a strong sewer smell on deck 2. I am really worried about his as it is our first cruise and I don't want that to be the impression my daughter and husband are left with.

Any chance this will get taken care of while it is in dry dock? Do they fix that type of thing or is it there to stay?

Thanks for any thoughts.