Any Canadians know a work-around to see Celebrity web site pricing in US $$$ ?

A Sixth?

Saw a pretty good price reduction on one online TA's web site but not another's. They both price in US dollars and I booked the cruise in US dollars.

I want to verify the Celebrity price so I can ask for a price reduction.... but I keep getting prices in CAN $$$ on their site

There 's got to be a way.:confused:

Saw a pretty good price reduction on one online TA's web site but not another's. They both price in US dollars and I booked the cruise in US dollars.

I want to verify the Celebrity price so I can ask for a price reduction.... but I keep getting prices in CAN $$$ on their site

Go on the bottom of the main page and you will see CANADA. Select US and you will have the US price.

Go to the Celebrity Cruises HOME PAGE.

If you look in the bottom mid-to-righthand section of the home page, you will find a label that says COUNTRY (in grey font). You will probably see CANADA in a blue font beneath it. Click on CANADA and that will bring up a drop-down list of countries. Using the SLIDER or the DOWN ARROW, zip down to the bottom of the list of countries and select UNITED STATES. All of the pricing on the website will now be in USD.

Here's a print screen

1341121139_USAprices.jpg.ae27feb3cad5dba11e723dd442ed9b32.jpg

:o:o

Guess I have never scrolled down to the bottom of the page before. :p

Thanks everyone!:D

Somehow an online TA has my cruise in July for over $ 860.00 less than I booked direct with "X" which shows it for a hundred MORE than I booked it!

Cruise pricing .... :rolleyes:

Edited by A Sixth?

They probably use the IP of your computer to set the currency.

Can't seem to find a work around.

It is so easy to get around...

Remember that a BEAR in a TUNNEL is always your friend.

Just google it and se how friendly the BEAR in a TUNNEL is when he allows you to connect to whatever server in whatever country you want.

Then you can check Europe, UK; USA, Australia and some others.....

The suggested fix (scroll down to bottom right of page, change curency pick) worked for me in Chrome

I have been using this for quite a while but it doesn't stay "fixed". I would like to change Canada to USA permanently. It is a pain doing it every time you need a price. I wish computers weren't so smart these days assuming because you are in Canada that you want CDN prices. And don't get me started on pop-ups.

I have been using this for quite a while but it doesn't stay "fixed". I would like to change Canada to USA permanently. It is a pain doing it every time you need a price. I wish computers weren't so smart these days assuming because you are in Canada that you want CDN prices. And don't get me started on pop-ups.

Mine defaults to US. Maybe delete your cookies and don't log in.

Tried that on two different computers. Same issue when I go to Princess site without logging in. Prices always in Canadian.

Princess definitely works on your IP address. I can't change that to US but I can see US prices on my work laptop because our server is in the US. Celebrity it's easy, you just scroll to the bottom of the screen and change the country.

Doesn't X normally give a favourable exchange rate in CDN $?

Robert