Just got myself an Upgrade

clarky213

Just got an upgrade from E1 Balcony to Junior Suite on My January cruise on Jewel for $375, but also got an extra $100 OBC. Net cost of $275.

One Very happy Cruiser here as I've never been in a suite before:D:D:D

Also means I'll be Platinum after this cruise!!

Edited by clarky213

Well done! Always nice to spot a good deal.

I agree with Clarea, it is hard to go back. We just did a back to back and went from the first leg in a Junior Suite, to the second in a D2 balcony. We had room shock for the first couple of hours! :)

We like breakfast on the balcony, and sailing out of ports on the balcony, so for us the cabin is well used if we have a bigger one.

Some people say they are never in their inside cabin, and balconies are not worth it. Yep, totally agree, the smaller the cabin the less time we are in it too!

We still enjoyed the D cabin, and it was a nice special that we decided to tack on a few weeks before we went, but we have decide we are going to do less cruises but in bigger cabins. :)

Did you call the cruise line or your travel agent? Did you have to cancel and rebook, or were you able to just pay the difference? Thanks!

I called my TA. He then called RCCI and got the upgrade price while I was on hold.

No need to cancel, they then just applied the upgrade and charged my card for the extra $.

Edited by clarky213

I called my TA. He then called RCCI and got the upgrade price while I was on hold.

No need to cancel, they then just applied the upgrade and charged my card for the extra $.

In case someone does not know how this works, when Royal gives a reduced price upgrade from a non-suite to a suite, they don't give the extra (suite) C&A points.

Edited by clarea

In case someone does not know how this works, when Royal gives a reduced price upgrade from a non-suite to a suite, they don't give the extra (suite) C&A points.

Do we know if this was a reduced price upgrade or the regular JS suite price happened to drop to this point?

I lucked out when the prices dropped to what I paid for my balcony (for a short time) and called my TA to be moved. It was after final payment. It will probably never happen again.

Do we know if this was a reduced price upgrade or the regular JS suite price happened to drop to this point?

Can't tell for sure in this case. Could be, since they called and asked for the upgrade price. If it was close enough to sailing, they sometimes offer reduced price upgrades.

Can't tell for sure in this case. Could be, since they called and asked for the upgrade price. If it was close enough to sailing, they sometimes offer reduced price upgrades.

This is the current price for a JS on my sailing so I had better get my double points.

They treated as a new booking as they adjusted my OBC from my original booking($200) to the new current promotion ($300).

This is the current price for a JS on my sailing so I had better get my double points.

They treated as a new booking as they adjusted my OBC from my original booking($200) to the new current promotion ($300).

Excellent!:)

I certainly do not want to mislead anyone but I did not think that JS qualified for double points. If they do... I do hope you get them.

Do you also have to pay extra on the gratuities like the big suites?

Access to concierge Lounge?

dp

I certainly do not want to mislead anyone but I did not think that JS qualified for double points. If they do... I do hope you get them.

dp

Just answered my own question: "The other main benefit to booking a junior suite is you get double the Crown and Anchor Society points. All suites are eligible for double Crown & Anchor Society points."

from RCI Web site

dp

Edited by dpostman

dp

JS has the same gratuities as inside, OV, balcony; but no access to CL unless the guests are the appropriate level in C&A.

Just printed my new Cruise documents and now showing $500 OBC.

Don't know where the extra $100 came from, but not going to complain:D:D

I have now worked out where the extra $100 OBC has come from.

As I booked this cruise on Board last year my $100 OBC for booking a Balcony room on board has now increased to $200 for the JS.

1 free Drinks package coming Up;)

We had a JS on the hump last week on the Alllure and it was the perfect size for us. We will never go back to a different cabin again. We spend a lot of time on the balcony so a JS is well worth it to us. Congrats on your upgrade and enjoy your cruise!