Seabourn odyssey-worst trip ever

gary705

We got on last Thursday in Fort Lauderdale, and we are staying on deck 5----

They are doing major construction work on deck 4--from 9am to 5 pm it is so noisy you can stay in the rooms

We are unable to stay in the room to even have a conversation,

Seabourn says' oh well -too bad for you . The work started Friday and will go for several weeks,

If you are coming on next week bring ear plugs,,,,

Last trip on this line

Gary

They are doing major construction work on deck 4--from 9am to 5 pm it is so noisy you can stay in the rooms

Seabourn says' oh well -too bad for you . The work started Friday and will go for several weeks,

Last trip on this line

Gary

We got off the day you got on.

There was no indication of impending work. What on earth are they doing?

Were you warned of possible works?

That is terrible! Is the work they are doing perhaps some kind of emergency repair? Have you talked to the CD or HD? If this was routine scheduled maintenance, for each day you could not relax in your suite, it would seem reasonable compensation should be in order ( and I do not mean just a bunch of chocolate-covered strawberries)

Edited by Catlover54
error

Last trip on this line

Gary

What sort of major construction work ?

Edited to add : Maybe SB is following in Silversea's footsteps (or should that be wake) and building new shops mid-cruise. ;)

But on deck 4? Perhaps they're turning the Restaurant into a large boutique? :p

I board next week. I'll be sure to pack several pairs of ear plugs.

Edited by Nigella

Last trip on this line

Gary

weird. we were on last fall (sojourn) and there was a couple in a deck 5 cabin that had a pipe noise problem and they were moved to a higher deck. they were very appreciative, they were only looking to have the noise issue fixed.

The construction is not connected with the dining room, looks like they are building additional rooms

There was no warning and if we do not get something back after gold status, we will not be not this line again,

Appears seabourn is getting closer to carnival

Gary705

The construction is not connected with the dining room, looks like they are building additional rooms

There was no warning and if we do not get something back after gold status, we will not be not this line again,

Appears seabourn is getting closer to carnival

Gary705

Which suite number are you staying in?

Thank you for your reply about the construction work.

I'm quite shocked by Seabourn's response to your complaint and I completely understand you being angry and disappointed. Have they offered to move you, or is the ship full?

I can't imagine what they're doing to the suites on Deck 4, given the location of your suite.

Are other guests also complaining about the noise or does it only seem to be in the vicinity of your suite?

Please get back to Nigella about the details!

And hockey pucks! Believe it or not, we are in 514 in a few weeks and so are all ears, too.

This noise business and purported failure to make good regarding your understandable complaint is unprecedented in my 15 years of Seabourn travel.

Happy sailing!

Please get back to Nigella about the details!

And hockey pucks! Believe it or not, we are in 514 in a few weeks and so are all ears, too.

This noise business and purported failure to make good regarding your understandable complaint is unprecedented in my 15 years of Seabourn travel.

Happy sailing!

Markham, you're a dark horse! Odyssey twice in just a matter of several weeks? Chin up ! It's a hard life. ;)

I'll definitely update when I've been onboard for a couple of days although we're on deck 6.

We board Odyssey next week and are concerned about the noise. Does it permeate to deck 6? Curious that only Gary has posted a complaint about the noise

Bear in mind that the vast majority of Seabourn guests do not use, or even know of, cruise critic and that the noise was probably fairly localised.

We board Odyssey next week and are concerned about the noise. Does it permeate to deck 6? Curious that only Gary has posted a complaint about the noise

eliana, I don't know if you've seen it, but I've posted on the Roll Call for the 32 day cruise to ask current guests for further feedback. No responses as yet - they're obviously all enjoying their cruise too much!

Nigella - this sounds a bit reminiscent of a certain other line you and I both know, and not at all like Seabourn. Let's hope it is something soon resolved, and also of course that the OP comes back to report on findings.

That was exactly what I thought when I first read the post!

I'm hoping OP comes back too.

Softsands,

You're probably correct that this stuff about weeks of construction near 5 deck does not smell right. Like gary705 of "room" 514.

If a cruise line wanted to perform major renovations they would use the time in dry dock to do so. Everything else is routine maintenance and done within hours.

Happy sailing!

We have heard maintenance works being carried out from time to time, the worst being hammering to remove flaking paint but never to the extent it ruined a cruise. Had it bothered us I'm sure a call to the square would have had it stopped. Tends to be on port days as well when most pax are ashore.

Not a problem unique to Seabourn.

Henry :)

We have heard maintenance works being carried out from time to time, the worst being hammering to remove flaking paint but never to the extent it ruined a cruise. Had it bothered us I'm sure a call to the square would have had it stopped. Tends to be on port days as well when most pax are ashore.

Not a problem unique to Seabourn.

Henry :)

Quite, Henry.

That's the thing here, the way OP describes Seabourn's handling of the problem sounds....odd and unusual.

We are still on the ship and they are still doing construction, they are taking some storage rooms on four and making a new crew lounge,

We have not heard back from seabourn if there will be any compensation

The noise is very noticeable

Gary 705