Does Explorer have an adults enclosed glass pool?

Jetswdo

• 3 months later...

As someone mentioned earlier, Radiance has an enclosed Solarium, so you might consider that for Alaska.

As one can guess, it was very crowded when we went in late May last year. We spent a lot of time in the Jacuzzi by the outside pool, since it was never very full.

Even when it was chilly outside, it was always nice in there. Only bad part was having to get out for drink refills, the wind chill was a bit bracing!:eek:

Now I'm doubting myself...

I would swear it was enclosed, we went through sliding doors, but it was evening when we went there. Darn, I can't remember now...

I remember seeing the sign and thinking that it was a shame that the adult area wasn't for 21 and up. I was surprised by the number of teenagers in the "adult" area after a previous CCL trip where they have the 21 and up areas. You're probably right, the glass elevator lobby may have fooled me with the lights.

The bar (Sky Bar?) was closed, but I remember that it was under a ceiling, as were the hot-tubs on the sides, you could look down into them through the glass from the floor above.

No, Aquahound is right.

Looking at a picture of the solarium, there is some superstructure that spans up on the sides that I saw in the dark. I never went into the pool in the center, just viewed it from under the floor above, so I was fooled into thinking there was some kind of retractable roof, sorry.

Edited by SunflowerGirl80

Now I'm doubting myself...

I would swear it was enclosed, we went through sliding doors, but it was evening when we went there. Darn, I can't remember now.......

You did go though sliding doors, but the area had no cover.

Just to clarify, the solarium on all RCI ships is NOT adults-only. It is 16 years and older. So, older teens are allowed to use the pools/jacuzzi/loungers in the solarium

Yes, I found that out when I saw the sign. We had only been on CCL cruises until that point and they have a 21 and up area, which is standard for them. I assumed that the 16 and up was RCI's standard. Still, the teenager's weren't overly obnoxious or anything, just teenagers hanging out in a group to have fun :). The solarium is gorgeous even at night, the lighting is very well done.

• 4 weeks later...

No retractable pool cover and the smokers are.allowed to smoke the whole length on that deck so,solarium stinks of smoke all the time

Just returned on this ship beautiful but smokers and kids rule. Never again.

What happened was when they did the revitalisation for Voyager class they listed the roof in the new features - I was hoping it was true as we sailed Voyager to NZ & the Solarium was too cold most days for us to swim, however on Radiance to Alaska it was closed in & lovely.

I emailed Royal re the roof on Voyager & advised the mistake & they did fix that page.

I assume the same web site mistake was also made regards Explorer.

Just got off Voyager last month - definitely no covered in solarium but much nicer as it was a South Pacific cruise.

For Alaska I would go with Radiance - that class was designed for that sort of destination - loads of floor to ceiling glass walls in the public areas & even some all glass lifts to see the beautiful views from all around the ship.

No retractable pool cover and the smokers are.allowed to smoke the whole length on that deck so,solarium stinks of smoke all the time

Just returned on this ship beautiful but smokers and kids rule. Never again.

Maybe there has been a change of policy, but smoking has not been allowed anywhere in the solarium on Explorer.