Secret sands in St. Thomas who has been?

screamin400

Does this excursion provide or have rentals for snorkeling or swim noodles or mats? Hoping to entertain the whole group. We are booked thru RCI and the Oasis in June.

Thanks,

Karen

No snorkeling gear provided or rentals available when we did it. I suggest taking a taxi to Sapphire Beach or Coki Beach if you want snorkel or other rentals. Or do as I do, buy your own masks and snorkels and bring them.

• 4 weeks later...

We are just back from our cruise. We did this excursion. The ride to get to the beach is an adventure in itself. The beach is nice but there is seaweed everywhere. There was no place to swim without constantly fighting the seaweed. They were shoveling it up but the tote full while we were there. We were told that was a daily thing. There is a local at the beach that serves as your host. He provides drinks and pretzels for tips. I would not do this excursion again.

We are just back from our cruise. We did this excursion. The ride to get to the beach is an adventure in itself. The beach is nice but there is seaweed everywhere. There was no place to swim without constantly fighting the seaweed. They were shoveling it up but the tote full while we were there. We were told that was a daily thing. There is a local at the beach that serves as your host. He provides drinks and pretzels for tips. I would not do this excursion again.

There was no seaweed issue when we went. Sometimes there are seaweed issues on any Caribbean beach.

• 3 weeks later...
I went on this excursion on my recent cruise and boy it was one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen. It starts on an open taxi drive that takes about 30 minutes going to the other side of the island into a park. then you arrive and are greeted by a nice man who takes care of everyone from the excursion. you will have loungers, snorkeling gear, kids toys, floating noodles, sodas, waters, beers, and rum punch. as much as you want. all included in your excursion but he does stress the tip part, which he deserved a little something extra, the guy will help you with anything from getting you drinks to moving your lounger to anywhere you want. the water is crystal clear and no buildings around. the beach had maybe 50-100 people when i was there but its not crowded at all. the swim are is all sand but if you swim just past, there is a huge reef full of colorful fish. i think we had 3 hours on the beach total. then we left on the same taxi and stopped at one of the highest peaks where we could take pictures of the bay ( overlooking where the cruise ships park) and then back to the pier. In total it was 4.5 hours. and was hands down amazing. totally worth it. I will do this again if I go back!

my little review :)

What cruise line were you on? I'm seeing some posts that there are NO chairs/food, and others say yes... trying to decide if this is a viable excursion for a family with kids... who will need to EAT!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is Lindquist/Smith Bay Beach. It is the beach where the Direct TV commercials "Hanna and her Horse" were filmed. Google that.

We stayed on the point (Cabe's Point) to the right/East of the beach 2 years ago. We could cut through the woods and go to Lindquist. Lindquist is very calm. Almost like a swimming pool. It is a great place if you just want to relax on a beautiful beach. They say it is what Magen's Bay like was years ago. There are no restaurants or bars though, unless a local is selling stuff to the excursion passengers. Lots of iguanas and chickens for entertainment.

The snorkeling on Cabe's Point is incredible. There are abundant multi-colored sea fans, coral, and schools of tropical fish. If you are good swimmers I would suggest walking up the beach as far to the right as you can and then swimming out and snorkel towards the point. It is worth the effort. The point seems untouched and better than most of the "best snorkeling spots" on St Thomas or St John.

What cruise line were you on? I'm seeing some posts that there are NO chairs/food, and others say yes... trying to decide if this is a viable excursion for a family with kids... who will need to EAT!

t

There is no where to get food at Secret Sands. The did have small bags of chips that they were handing out when I was there, and plenty to drink. There are also very modern clean restrooms.

• 4 years later...

We did this in late February while on Celebrity Millennium. Transport was on an old flatbed truck fitted with closely placed benches for seating. It was crowded.  Long, slow and winding road to this beach, which is not exclusive - it’s a public park.  Host provided chaise lounges and a cooler with water and rum punch. Had to drag lounges into the shrubbery for shade.  Steep drop off in the water made it very difficult to get out after swimming.  Nice sandy.beach, beautiful water — but amenities are lacking and this excursion is severely overpriced.

10 hours ago, ffplaw said:

We did this in late February while on Celebrity Millennium. Transport was on an old flatbed truck fitted with closely placed benches for seating. It was crowded.  Long, slow and winding road to this beach, which is not exclusive - it’s a public park.  Host provided chaise lounges and a cooler with water and rum punch. Had to drag lounges into the shrubbery for shade.  Steep drop off in the water made it very difficult to get out after swimming.  Nice sandy.beach, beautiful water — but amenities are lacking and this excursion is severely overpriced.

This thread is 5 years old…

• 1 month later...