Secret sands in St. Thomas who has been?

screamin400

im not sure if it is att specific but i did see people using their phones, and since it was USVI there was no roaming

AT&T has its own towers in the Virgin Islands so no roaming for those who have it. But some of the other US carriers don't and roam there. Verizon for example.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AT&T has its own towers in the Virgin Islands so no roaming for those who have it. But some of the other US carriers don't and roam there. Verizon for example.

Thanks, I have AT&T so I knew about not having to pay for roaming there, but I wanted to make sure there was a signal at that beach (assuming spotty AT&T service is the same there as it tends to be here) :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Salt grass to the left of the main beach and reef to the right of it.

I found some of my most beautiful shells there, pink/yellow stripped periwinkle type shells....go ahead and flame me for taking shells I'm a big girl:cool: These were teensy and I have 2 the size of dimes.

But there are lots of things to see.:D

I think Coki is better for fish.

Edited by BecciBoo

I see posted that it was about a 30 minute ride to this beach. Was that from Havensight or Crown Harbor which Oasis class uses? Or does anyone know how far from Crown Harbor? We usually do beaches on our own, but this one looks so great and with free drinks and snacks, it is something we would consider. I just don't want to spend more than 30 minutes each way to get there.

I see posted that it was about a 30 minute ride to this beach. Was that from Havensight or Crown Harbor which Oasis class uses? Or does anyone know how far from Crown Harbor? We usually do beaches on our own, but this one looks so great and with free drinks and snacks, it is something we would consider. I just don't want to spend more than 30 minutes each way to get there.

We went from Crown Bay. I didn't time it but I think it was less than 30 minutes. Secret Sands is actually Lindquist Beach. It is next to Sapphire Beach. Sapphire Beach is near Red Hook.

30 or less, UNLESS, the traffic is bad....almost caused us to be late coming back to ship so don't daudle getting back;)

We did the early time, 10:45 I believe it was, and they dropped those of us who wanted to shop, downtown, and we took a taxi back to the ship. We had plenty of time downtown. I recommend the early time if anyone wants to shop downtown.

Edited by Charles4515

• 8 months later...
Just wondering if there is any type of shade on the beach? Umbrellas? Love the beach but don't like to fry.

The chairs do not have umbrellas, however there are a bunch of picnic tables in the shade.

Also, the afternoon trip starts to get shady later in the afternoon (at least in Feb) :-)

Some pics from our trip of the beach and shade area. We LOVED this excursion by the way!

6c26d376f5ae040cedf7a420463204b2.png

4cbce793ed64bf69e486fd5fcc6d4718.png

• 4 months later...

We are seriously considering Secret Sands on our Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas cruise (2-9 April 2017), but we saw the following remark on the Royal Caribbean excursion page. Does anyone know what this means and has this caused anyone any issue on recent visits?

This is a limited participation tour due to the fact that the Magen's Bay Authority is in the process of beautifying the park

We are seriously considering Secret Sands on our Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas cruise (2-9 April 2017), but we saw the following remark on the Royal Caribbean excursion page. Does anyone know what this means and has this caused anyone any issue on recent visits?

This is a limited participation tour due to the fact that the Magen's Bay Authority is in the process of beautifying the park

I think this refers to limiting the number people on the tour.

I think this refers to limiting the number people on the tour.

Yes, it said the same thing a year ago. It makes it an even better tour because there are less people there and also the brand new and very nice restroom facilities are also completed... :-)

How would you compare to Megan's Bay? We are booked for that excursion in April and now considering switching to this one?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Megans Bay is nice but it is crowded. This beach is almost empty. And it is prettier than Megan's in my opinion.

• 3 weeks later...

We did this excursion in March/2017 through RCCL while on the Harmony the cost was $64 pp included soda and rum punch. The weather was cold, windy and rainy....everyone on our excursion was miserable. If its raining please cancel before you go for a full refund. We discovered from others you can get a taxi for $22 pp round trip and save $40. :)

We went from Crown Bay. I didn't time it but I think it was less than 30 minutes. Secret Sands is actually Lindquist Beach. It is next to Sapphire Beach. Sapphire Beach is near Red Hook.

Ha ha ha. :D Thanks for the info. I live here and was thinking Secret Beach must be very Secret since I've never been. Secret Harbor on the other hand.... Right where you describe this. Been there, it's lovely. You'll have a great time. St. Thomas island is only 34 square miles, so its usually a half hour at the most to get somewhere. The delays are caused by traffic and that can be horrendous depending on the number of cruise ships in town.

• 1 month later...
Thinking about doing this excursion in June 2017. Does anyone know what the "Skyline Drive" portion of the excursion entails? Does it take you to Drake's Seat or near Blackbeard's Castle?

When we did it through Celebrity in Oct 2015 there were two stops. One was at Mountain Top where there is a souvenir shop for quick shopping, a banana daiquiri and a photo op. There was also a restroom here. The other was at a pull-off area that overlooked the Havensite cruise ship port for another photo op. There were also some vendors there with tables set up selling T-shirts, hats. etc.

I wrote about our experience with the excursion here... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2421498 (Post 18).

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing this excursion next month on the Oasis of the Seas. Someone said there is snorkel gear provided. Is this indeed correct? We will have 5 teens all wanting to do a little bit of snorkeling. The majority of us just want to lounge around near the beautiful water, but want everyone happy!

Thanks, Karen

Anyone know if there is food or mixed drinks available to purchase?

Nothing available when we were there. Our excursion guide brought beer, water, soft drinks and crackers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk