Roatan - Belize City - Cozumel

GetToLivin

Would anyone be so kind as to share what their favorite (or not so favorite!) excursions were for these ports of call:

I've looked through the reviews on the RCCL website for these ports, but more input is always helpful, thank you! :D

Our absolute favorite in Roatan is Little French Key.

Belize-we have done the cave tubing twice and also swam with the sharks/stingrays, which was awesome.

In Cozumel, "our" personal favorite places is Chankanaab and have been twice (but they have added even more since we were there last). We have been to a lot of places in Cozumel, so it's getting hard to compare them all. :D

I have very extensive reviews, listed in my signature line, and the reviews have TONS of pictures of each place we have been to. You are welcome to have a look around and see if anything looks like a place you'd like to go. It might help. :)

We are doing this itinerary in 3 weeks. We've been to Belize before and really didn't like it. We are too old for cave tubing or snorkeling. Roatan is new for us and we scheduled a private tour with Ronny. We've gone to Chankanaab many times and will return again. There's so much to do there and you can download a coupon to get $2 off your entrance fee so it is under $20 to get in. There are plenty of cabs to take you there and back. I can't wait to share this with a new cruiser who is going with us.

Too expensive for us and on the windward side of the island. Water is better on the Lee side. I was considering this with good reviews but for the same price 55 dollars, you get entrance plus all you can eat or drink in Cozumel at Nachi....guess we're just used to getting that deal.

I think we'll come out ahead paying 15 for Tabyana and eat and drink at Bananarama for less.

When is your cruise in April, ours is the 24th.:D

I thought for Tabyana you had to go trough the ship? I was thinking of just doing the Bananarama cruise package ($30 pp includes round trip transportation,) but I don't like how you have to pay for Bananarama. Sending my credit card number through 2 emails doesn't seem like a good idea to me....

• 5 weeks later...
Would anyone be so kind as to share what their favorite (or not so favorite!) excursions were for these ports of call:

I've looked through the reviews on the RCCL website for these ports, but more input is always helpful, thank you! :D

We went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. The kids had fun on the inflatables, but the food wasn't good and the drinks tasted like they had NO alcohol in them. We will do Jeep Tours or Mr. Sanchos next time.

We did cave tubing in Belize. I loved the hike to the cave the best. I have been tubing (and in caves) many, many times, but it was ok. The rest of my party thought it was really fun.

Roatan was our BEST port yet. We had a driver (Rony's tours) and we went to see birds, monkeys and other animals, island tour, horseback riding on a hill and in the ocean, West Bay beach (Bananarama) and shopping/photo ops. We loved Roatan so much that we have booked another cruise with the same itinerary for this year.

We went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel. The kids had fun on the inflatables, but the food wasn't good and the drinks tasted like they had NO alcohol in them. We will do Jeep Tours or Mr. Sanchos next time.

We did cave tubing in Belize. I loved the hike to the cave the best. I have been tubing (and in caves) many, many times, but it was ok. The rest of my party thought it was really fun.

Roatan was our BEST port yet. We had a driver (Rony's tours) and we went to see birds, monkeys and other animals, island tour, horseback riding on a hill and in the ocean, West Bay beach (Bananarama) and shopping/photo ops. We loved Roatan so much that we have booked another cruise with the same itinerary for this year.

awesome to hear. We love using Rony as well. West Bay Beach and West End Village is incredible. Using them again in Sept.

Book Little French Key in Roatan. Three of us did the VIP experience, which included priority access to interact with the animals, a personal guide and server for the day, a delicious lunch and 5 drink tickets each. They had some of their animals taken away in an illegal raid of their compound shortly after we were there but it is still worth the trip.

• 3 weeks later...
We have same stops in April, my favorite Caribbean shore excursion is Dolphin encounter at Anothey Key in Roatan, have done this a few times and will do it again, you do not need to swim, you walk out in the water till your waist high than the Dolphins come to you, plenty of time with Dolphin. Have done other encounters and none were this good.

My DW is planning on doing this, but I am not. Do you know how much do they charge for the round trip for me if I don't participate? Is there viewing area? Cantina near by? Can she use a GoPro while in the water? Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

[quote=Vacationdreamer

We booked through Shore Excursioneer for Cozumel (open air bus around the island) and Roatan (private driver for 4 hours). Very pleased with both. Just be aware that you pay a deposit on line & the balance IN CASH to the tour operator.

• 1 month later...

In Roatan we always do a private Best of Roatan tour with Victor Bodden. We've done several different ones - zip lining, beach, monkey, iguanas.

In Belize we did the Moho Chocolate Factory and then just sat at the center bar and people watched.

In Cozumel, we always rent a vehicle and drive to the Hacienda Antigua tequila place to do the tour and then do the drive around the island stopping at whichever beach place looks nice that day. We've visited probably 8 different beaches over the years and they were all nice.

Rental cars are cheap and easy to book right at the dock.

• 1 month later...
Too expensive for us and on the windward side of the island. Water is better on the Lee side. I was considering this with good reviews but for the same price 55 dollars, you get entrance plus all you can eat or drink in Cozumel at Nachi....guess we're just used to getting that deal.

I think we'll come out ahead paying 15 for Tabyana and eat and drink at Bananarama for less.

When is your cruise in April, ours is the 24th.:D

We have done Nachi both times we did Cozumel and love it for price, drinks, food and mostly relaxation. It is beautiful and relaxing.

Have also done Little French key and being on that side of island didn't cause a problem, snorkeling they bring you out to was great. Has more to do than Nachi for sure.

Either is a great day and we go back in December to same route and trying decide what to do where and not repeat things we have done before and its difficult to decide which one to leave out.

BECCIBOO I think making that last stop on the cruise at Nachi is so nice. Relaxes you and calms everything, away from crowds of the ship, I think just made my mind up its hard to not go back to Nachi.

Plus as you said you can do Roatan cheaper

Edited by ekajun1957