Advance to Elite Status -- Anyone else get this email?

panmalv

My wife and I both received this offer from Captains Club today. We are both at Select level in the Club. Here's the text:

"If you book a Veranda, AquaClass®, or Concierge Class stateroom on a Europe cruise aboard Celebrity Reflection® or Celebrity EquinoxSM departing in May, June, or July, 2016, you‘ll receive 10 extra Club Points and advance to Elite status after that sailing. Just take advantage of our offer to reach this exclusive membership level sooner. But hurry—offer ends January 3, 2016."

Does this mean that Celebrity would give us 10 points AND advance us to Elite, even if we are not at 300 points? Or do the normal cruise points plus 10 extra have to get us to 300, which would take more than one cruise according to my math?

Did anyone else get this offer, and/or have any experience with this deal?

Wow!

Wording is wierd...you get 10 extra points and advance to Elite...I would check it out for sure. Of course you'd have to book a Europe cruise for those dates and one of the the ships noted.. Offer ends soon if you plan to give it a try!

We had an early booking offer many moon ago that will give us 25 extra Cap Club points after our upcoming cruise, once it is completed.. Already E plus and will never reach Zenith...unless we get a great offer like O P!

I received this email too and wasn't sure how it works. My wife and I have 233 points, so with a regular veranda cabin @ 3 CC points per day plus 10 bonus points, we would need to take a 19 day cruise to reach the 300 points for Elite status.

However, this offer is moot for us, as we're sailing on Eclipse in February for 14 nights in AQ, which will give us 70 points and Elite status after completing the cruise.

My son got the email today. He should be elite but I'm having a five year battle with Celebrity who won't credit him with a cruise he actually went on even though ample evidence has been submitted. The other funny thing is that they have been sending his emails to my email address for 15 years or so. I've changed it a number of times to no avail.

My son's offer is for 25 extra points for booking Equinox or Reflection in May, June or July of 2016. My son is currently at 275 points so the cruise and the bonus would put him over.

Edited by dkjretired

We both have 290 also!

Were told over & over there was no way to upgrade while on a cruise. We are doing a Bermuda on the Summit in May (Aqua 1), don't get the 35 points till we get back.

CaptDave

You have been told correctly. Points do not apply until after a cruise is completed.

You have been told correctly. Points do not apply until after a cruise is completed.

They had the 25 points bonus last year and the 25 points plus our 35 for Aqua were added after the cruise. I would suggest saving the email as they forgot about my 25 bonus points and had to call, they did very quickly add it but they did in fact forget it.

My January 2016 cruises in CC will give me 35 point for each cruise, plus the 25 bonus points for each totaling 120 points for the two cruises. My wife and I currently have 190 points, so we'll be Elite after these cruises. It's a nice bonus. We didn't use other promotions that came later offering more perks because we are looking forward to the next Captain's Club level.

As for the current email offering 10 points and Elite status. I suspect they meant that the extra 10 points would bring you to Elite faster. If they truly are offering to upgrade you to 300 points and Elite, why mention the ten points at all?

Just called Captains Club, and after much checking, it appears this offer was sent in error and they will be sending a retraction email! They "meant to say" that the extra 10 points would get us there if we booked a SUITE (but the email specifically said Veranda, AQ or Concierge). Strange and disappointing. :confused::(

Yup - we got the same email and already have some 500 points. Obviously went out in error. The offers before gave some extra points to get to the next level sooner. If by booking an offer someone was given the next level there would be a riot!

The offer, if true, would seem to be inherently unfair to the rest of us. Why should taking one particular cruise be worth more points, all other things being equal, than taking any other cruise of equal length and identical cabin class, etc.? If Celebrity was throwing these offers around to fill particular ships at certain times then the whole credit system of Captain's Club would be a joke and unworthy of any loyalty.

The offer, if true, would seem to be inherently unfair to the rest of us. Why should taking one particular cruise be worth more points, all other things being equal, than taking any other cruise of equal length and identical cabin class, etc.? If Celebrity was throwing these offers around to fill particular ships at certain times then the whole credit system of Captain's Club would be a joke and unworthy of any loyalty.

These offers seem to be annual, at least by Celebrity UK:

A) Dec 2013

25 extra Captains Club points offered on final Century sailing. However Century was re- deployed and we had to transfer our booking to another cruise. When we had taken that cruise on Eclipse, I expected to be given the 25 points, but no, that offer was not available when we made the transfer.

B) April 2014

25 Captains club points if you made a booking 9 months in advance. Unfortunately we couldn't take the cruise due to change in circumstances.

So although I have booked twice under the extra points scheme, I haven't had them added.