Mr Sanchos Cozumel

gbutzin

Thank you. I loved your review and the pics. One more thing if you don't mind... if we want to snorkel, which is better? Chankanaab or Mr Sanchos? Im thinking you are going to say Chankannab so my next question is this ... (i have snorkeled at Chankanaab) is the snorkeling at Sanchos still doable? Also, if we choose AI at Sanchos, can my kids pay the extra $12 and go the aquatic park area?

My only thing with Chankanaab is we were only able to snorkel for 30 minutes before time to head towards our dolphin swim. We waited at the dolphin swim so long and there were so many in our group, by the time it was over it was time to head back to the ship. We didn't see anything interesting at Chankanaab. I did read your review for both. Any input or advice you can give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

What is the "right" way to tip at an all inclusive. Do you have a waiter assigned to you and tip at the end of day or do you tip with each drink or when food deliverd to you? what are appropriate amounts?? Thanks

Edited by skatie

Thank you. I loved your review and the pics. One more thing if you don't mind... if we want to snorkel, which is better? Chankanaab or Mr Sanchos? Im thinking you are going to say Chankannab so my next question is this ... (i have snorkeled at Chankanaab) is the snorkeling at Sanchos still doable? Also, if we choose AI at Sanchos, can my kids pay the extra $12 and go the aquatic park area?

My only thing with Chankanaab is we were only able to snorkel for 30 minutes before time to head towards our dolphin swim. We waited at the dolphin swim so long and there were so many in our group, by the time it was over it was time to head back to the ship. We didn't see anything interesting at Chankanaab. I did read your review for both. Any input or advice you can give is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Yes, Chankanaab snorkeling is going to be a lot better than Mr Sanchos. However, I am always able to find something to see no matter where I go, even when people say "it's a sandy bottom and you will not find any snorkeling there" as you will see within my review some of the pictures of things I did see. It's not much though. I think I have read that they might have snorkeling tours they offer, but I'm not 100% sure. When you go to their website, it says snorkeling, but I don't see a package for it, so I'm not sure what they offer as far as taking you out to a reef by boat.

Yes, anyone at Mr Sanchos can purchase the water park wristbands for $12 each no matter what side you are on (AI or PAYG). Just know that (at least when we were there) the waterpark is on the PAYG side. So in order to watch the kids, you would have to go over on that side. :)

What is the "right" way to tip at an all inclusive. Do you have a waiter assigned to you and tip at the end of day or do you tip with each drink or when food deliverd to you? what are appropriate amounts?? Thanks

Yes, usually when you walk in a waiter will let you find a spot (or offer a suggestion) and they will be your waiter for the day. We always tip at the end of our trip for the days service. :)

Is there an entrance fee on the PAYG side? Or do you just pay for food and drinks? (and the inflatables!). How about for the use of the pool/loungers etc?

No entrance fee, but I'm sure they expect you to buy some. I have done both, PAYG and AI. It all depends on what you want. In my signature, The Elation Thanksgiving review we did the PAYG, the Magic 2014 review we did AI.

FYI - those Tamarin, (sp?) margaritas are the best!!

Just out of curiosity, is this an excursion that Carnival Offers or is it a do it on your own sort of thing. I've heard such great things about this place and we've been to Cozumel before but never here.

Do it on your own. Carnival doesn't offer any excursion similar to this. Might want to also check cozumel cruise excursions had a great time on the private jeep tour!!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know the maximum number of people that Mr. Sanchos accommodates? I like the variety of activities at Mr. Sanchos but I want the smaller crowd feel that Nachi seems to have.

If you like the smaller crowd of Nachi, you will hate Mr. Sanchos. We went in November at it was slammed. There were people everywhere. It was a loud and party type atmosphere. Nothing like the quiet calm atmosphere of Nachi. I'm not saying either one is better or anything, but if you are looking for a small crowd, Mr. Sanchos is NOT the place. I don't think they have a limit on how many they let in.

In fact, we only ended up there because our Passion Island by Twister excursion was cancelled at the last minute. We went to Nachi hoping it wasn't sold out, but it was so our driver suggested we go to Mr. Sanchos instead. It wasn't for us and we will not be going back. But that is just my opinion. I know others think it is wonderful.

Edited by AmandaKaye79

There is a limit - at least on the AI side as that is why they recommend reserving ahead. I can't recall what the number is though.

We have been there when we were the only ship in port and when there were 4 ships in port. Never did we experience large, loud crowds. There are many different tables to choose from down by the beach. If you want more a less crowded area, go further North. Just tell the person that shows you to your table that's what you want. I love that place!

If you like the smaller crowd of Nachi, you will hate Mr. Sanchos. We went in November at it was slammed. There were people everywhere. It was a loud and party type atmosphere. Nothing like the quiet calm atmosphere of Nachi. I'm not saying either one is better or anything, but if you are looking for a small crowd, Mr. Sanchos is NOT the place. I don't think they have a limit on how many they let in.

In fact, we only ended up there because our Passion Island by Twister excursion was cancelled at the last minute. We went to Nachi hoping it wasn't sold out, but it was so our driver suggested we go to Mr. Sanchos instead. It wasn't for us and we will not be going back. But that is just my opinion. I know others think it is wonderful.

There is a limit - at least on the AI side as that is why they recommend reserving ahead. I can't recall what the number is though.

We have been there when we were the only ship in port and when there were 4 ships in port. Never did we experience large, loud crowds. There are many different tables to choose from down by the beach. If you want more a less crowded area, go further North. Just tell the person that shows you to your table that's what you want. I love that place!

I believe that every day and everyone's experience is going to be different. There's such a wide variety of people that it's hard to determine what each individual is going to experience as you can tell by everyone posting opposites.

For us, I knew that Nachi was supposed to be a "laid back, quiet, no kids" type of place. When we went, it did have kids (we brought our little one as well) and especially teenagers that liked to take over the pool, fight in the water and wouldn't stay out of the hot tubs after being told several times. It was not the place that everyone had described to me prior to going. But, I'm sure since a majority of people describe it as above, for the most part, that's probably what most experience.

For us and Mr Sanchos, there wasn't anything "loud" about it. We didn't see a bunch of partying people nor would I consider it overly crowded when we were there. It was a very relaxing day and a good time. So, as you can see, also opposite from what "most" people seem to say they experienced. :)

Thank you!

Sharon

Originally Posted by mitsugirly

I believe that every day and everyone's experience is going to be different. There's such a wide variety of people that it's hard to determine what each individual is going to experience as you can tell by everyone posting opposites.

For us, I knew that Nachi was supposed to be a "laid back, quiet, no kids" type of place. When we went, it did have kids (we brought our little one as well) and especially teenagers that liked to take over the pool, fight in the water and wouldn't stay out of the hot tubs after being told several times. It was not the place that everyone had described to me prior to going. But, I'm sure since a majority of people describe it as above, for the most part, that's probably what most experience.

For us and Mr Sanchos, there wasn't anything "loud" about it. We didn't see a bunch of partying people nor would I consider it overly crowded when we were there. It was a very relaxing day and a good time. So, as you can see, also opposite from what "most" people seem to say they experienced. :)

Originally Posted by AmandaKaye79

Originally Posted by firemanbobswife

Thank you all! I really appreciate the insight. I think I am leaning towards Mr. Sanchos.

Sharon

• 2 weeks later...
The price is for the group. 1-4 is 17.00 for the group one way.

Do the cabs try to group you together or should I just ask amongst the line if there are two people who want to join us in the cab to split costs??

Do the cabs try to group you together or should I just ask amongst the line if there are two people who want to join us in the cab to split costs??

We took a van by ourselves but we were a family of five. Plenty of people were trying to group up and go. You shouldn't have a problem finding others that want to share. 5-8 passengers is 26.00 each way. On the way back most everyone tried to group with us. Just make sure you are on the same ship. We has a less than sober person try to hitch a ride back with us. She said she was on the Freedom of The Seas. Problem being the Freedom wasn't in port that day. Hope she found her ship.

• 2 weeks later...
You can book it on your own online. We will be there next week. I will be there with my family. This will be my first time but it looks like they have plenty to do for all ages.

How was your trip to Mr. Sanchos? What new info can you give us?

How was your trip to Mr. Sanchos? What new info can you give us?

Mr. Sanchos was great!! The best day of our trip. Their were 3 ships in port that day. (Oasis, Getaway, and a Carnival) I was afraid the beach would be crowded but it wasn't. We got off the ship at 11 and we were on the beach by 11:45. Once we got there we were given a table to use for our things. Plenty of chairs on the beach. We had no problem finding a spot. The waiter was fantastic. He kept the drinks and food coming all day. While we relaxed on the beach the kids went down and played in the water park. The pools were clean and COLD.

While I didn't experience this myself I did hear some people having a problem with the taxis. The taxi is based on the number of people not per person. So some people were grouping together and splitting the rate. However once they got there the taxi was splitting the groups and charging them per group. I didn't experience this myself because we had five and we took a taxi alone. Something others may want to confirm if they try to group with others before they get in the taxi. Other than that Mr. Sanchos is an AMAZING TIME!!

We went a few years ago and had a good time there. (We went right before they put in the new extra pool on the AI side...they were building it when we were there).

I have a complete review with tons of pictures listed in my signature line if you are interested.

We thought the drinks and food was good. :)

Have you ever been to Paradise Beach? The new pool looks amazing!