Princess soda only card replaced with a non-alcholic card

geri

I don't drink mocktails, shakes, etc. so I won't buy the "Soda & More." I've gotten the soda sticker in the past for convenience but will now just pay individually for sodas. Probably cheaper.

OMG! Why?! Why?? WHY??!! :D Life's so short!

j/k

On a serious note, she is right that unless you do hit the mocktails/shakes (at least 1 each a day) just paying for soda as you go prolly will be cheaper.

OMG! Why?! Why?? WHY??!! :D Life's so short!

j/k

On a serious note, she is right that unless you do hit the mocktails/shakes (at least 1 each a day) just paying for soda as you go prolly will be cheaper.

Depends on how many you drink.3 or 4 a day is break even.

My wife always gets a soda card for the convenience so this card is an extra $20 whoopee , I am spending what a few thousand dollars don't think another $20 in the scheme of things is going to make or break our cruise and now she can have a shake or a mocktail if she wants .

which on my last cruise would have covered it.

The card was $7 a day

Mocktails $5 Soda $2.25

One of each in front by 25c

Yea - I just don't usually get both on the same day. I will get mocktails on warmer sailings and only on sea days and for the most part don't sail in warmer climates.

So this will probably knock me out of the drink club.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I heard someone mention the Soda and More package included virgin Pina Coladas and wanted to confirm...does it also ice cream drinks??

And is there such a thing as a Banana Colada covered by the card? I usually order a "BBC" (Baileys, Banana,Colada) but if included in the Soda and More package would be less the Baileys of course. Love a BBC!!!

Does anyone know if there's a list of mocktails included in the package?

Is the included hot chocolate from a powdered mix or is it made from steamed milk and syrup? I've heard friends really liked it and wondered what made it so good. Some cruise lines offer packets of the powdered mix at the buffet beverage stations.

and does Princess offer Caffeine Free Diet Coke onboard?

Thanks!

Edited by red919

I think I heard someone mention the Soda and More package included virgin Pina Coladas and wanted to confirm...does it also ice cream drinks??

And is there such a thing as a Banana Colada covered by the card? I usually order a "BBC" (Baileys, Banana,Colada) but if included in the Soda and More package would be less the Baileys of course. Love a BBC!!!

Is the included hot chocolate from a powdered mix or is it made from steamed milk and syrup? I've heard friends really liked it and wondered what made it so good.

Thanks!

Milk shakes are included IF there is an ice cream outlet on the ship. THere is a menu for mocktails, but they will make whatever you want off menu. It is basically any cocktail sans liquor.

Diet coke is available, but no caffeine free.

Sorry, (don't laugh), we forgot about the hot chocolate, so didn't try it. Guess that's for next time.

So has the soda only card definitely been eliminated from all ships?

I like to pre-purchase through the personalizer, which I know now only offers the soda and more...but I saw a few posts recently where the soda only card was offered once on board, so I am curious if that is true?

Is the included hot chocolate from a powdered mix or is it made from steamed milk and syrup? I've heard friends really liked it and wondered what made it so good. Some cruise lines offer packets of the powdered mix at the buffet beverage stations.

Thanks!

Sodas and more Hot chocolate is steamed milk and syrup. It is so good.

I do get virgin pina coladas with the card, and there are limited frozen drinks on the zero proof menu. Most are juice mixtures.

27926-profile.png

my-cruise-countdown.aspx?dat=01%2F11%2F2016&dest=M&ship=ISMy Cruise Countdown | I'm sailing to Mexico on 01/11/2016 aboard the Carnival Inspiration! Visit Carnival.com to see all Mexico cruises

I cruise for Creme brulee, chocolate melting cake and lobster!

Thanks!

Was on Diamond for a month and no Banana Coloda there was a Banana Cocktail by some other name, can't recall at the moment.

Any Virgin Cocktail is included the list only had about 4, Pina Coloda, Nojito, the Banana one and one or two others.

I saw someone else said the Hot Chocolate was syrup based, on our cruise they were definitely using powder, so that may vary.

No Caffeine free DC.

There was the opposite to the dirty banana that I had often that was the non alcoholic version of the dirty banana which is a milk type drink you could do the opposite to the mojito as well with the soda and more card

Edited by Hawka

The bar tenders were willing to do drinks other than those on the mocktail menu. Virgin pina was not on the menu! Our experience was that people told them what they wanted and the guys made it....don't know if they knew of these jewels from previous cruises or if they were legit drinks just being made without alcohol.

If you looked at the menu and wanted something substituted, they would do that too--like OJ instead of grapefruit juice or soda water instead of sprite--no problem.

As far as the hot chocolate, seems to depend on where you get it. On the Royal, the dispensers are a syrup blend, but in the buffet late night they were doing steamed milk and chocolate syrup. The international cafe was doing powder mix.

As far as the hot chocolate, seems to depend on where you get it. On the Royal, the dispensers are a syrup blend, but in the buffet late night they were doing steamed milk and chocolate syrup. The international cafe was doing powder mix.
The dispensers of complementary hot chocolate in the HC on the Regal definitely use powder but it still tastes pretty good.

We were on Regal recently. We went to one of the sales table set up upon embarkation. We asked for the soda only package and were offered the soda and more. Twice we let them know we wanted soda only, no cocktails, shakes, etc. We were then sold a soda only sticker for 36.23 pp, including gratuity. A "Barq's"

rootbeer sticker was placed on our cards instead of the "Coke" sticker used in the past. I presume a different sticker was used for soda and more.

Even though Princess doesn't necessarily cater to, and sail with, a lot of kids, I can see where the soda-card would be best, and cheapest for them.

Or maybe adults who just like to drink a lot of their favorite soda or diet soda.

Last time we sailed, I had the soda card, and would have LOVED it if it had been more inclusive like the new one! I think I had believed it might be more inclusive than it was!