Pullman with Kids

LuCruise

I know it depends on the kid, but how old was yours if they used the Pullman? I have a feeling that my 10.5 year old won't want to use it, but not sure if my 6 year old would be safe. We still have the guard on her bed at home since she sometimes moves around .

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

On my Enchantment cruise, my two cousins, aged 16 and 13, were on the Pullman and they enjoyed it more than I thought they would. They are both tall though so they were careful not to hit their heads.

Edited by Virtopia

Your kids will LOVE THEM...they are pull down bunks....what kid wouldn't like them??? It's like a personal fort. They have a railing....

Don't argue with them...those are THEIR beds....like it, or stay ashore. Period.

Ha ha...thanks. :D

We originally had a room just with a sofa bed (kids are young enough that they can both share it). But then I switched to one with a sofa bed and a Pullman...to give them the flexibility. My younger one will want to try it. I'm just wondering if it's safe for her (especially as we still use her bed rail)...Sometimes I come in her room and her feet are at her pillow and her head is at the end. :eek:

On my Enchantment cruise, my two cousins, aged 16 and 13, were on the Pullman and they enjoyed it more than I thought they would. They are both tall though so they were careful not to hit their heads.

Right. Guess that is one issue with it being up near the ceiling.

Edited by LuCruise

Pack a pool noodle. They weigh nothing in your suitcase. Put it under the fitted sheet at the outside edge of the bed. She will be much more secure and you won't be as nervous.

I have slept on the Pullman as a 40+ year old adult. It really is pretty comfortable. It also feels more private than the pull-out sofa. It is just a pain to get in and out of bed, especially if you need to use the bathroom during the night.

Pack a pool noodle. They weigh nothing in your suitcase. Put it under the fitted sheet at the outside edge of the bed. She will be much more secure and you won't be as nervous.

I have slept on the Pullman as a 40+ year old adult. It really is pretty comfortable. It also feels more private than the pull-out sofa. It is just a pain to get in and out of bed, especially if you need to use the bathroom during the night.

Great idea. :)

I've always heard that the pullman beds are comfortable, more so than the sofabeds. The bed length is 76". The pool noodle sounds good. I seem to recall that you can request a bed rail...I could be mistaken. Six years old is RCI's minimum age for pullman use.

And it's nice to bring along a couple of battery-operated tea lights or battery-operated candles (or nightlight). They add a nice bit of light and safety, if someone needs to get up during the night. Have a great cruise! :)

Edited by jmf123

My son used a Pullman bed at 3yo and 4yo -- he loved it!

No need to pack a pool noodle (will take up lots of space in the suitcase, even if it doesn't weigh much).

If you're not satisfied with the railing that comes on the bed, just ask your stateroom attendant if they have any supplemental railings that can be added, or ask for an extra blanket that you can roll up and use as a bumper under the fitted sheet instead of a noodle.

Our DD was 5. She is very squirmy in her regular bed at home. She had no issues and was very secure in the Pullman.

Good to hear. Thanks for letting me know.

brillohead, thanks for letting me know too that you can ask for another bed rail.

12 years old and 14 years old and loved it.

Thanks. Can see it being fun for teens and pre-teens.

I know my younger one will want to use it (and was even recently talking about bunk beds)...so am wondering if she would be too young.

Thanks. Can see it being fun for teens and pre-teens.

I know my younger one will want to use it (and was even recently talking about bunk beds)...so am wondering if she would be too young.

Put your 10 year old on it and the 6 year old on a pull out couch.

Yeah...that's the logical way to do it :D

Knowing my 10 year old, I doubt he'll want to go up there. He's a cautious kind of kid. It's my younger one who will want to go up there.

We'll let them decide though. Telling them about our cruise tomorrow night (new years eve) so we can discuss it with them at that point. ;)

Our kids loved them! They were 5 &6 at the time.

Before that we had only used the sofa bed and this was heaps better.

The Pullman beds in our room had rails on the beds so they were safe and secure.

Thanks. This is great to hear. The bed rails I've seen in pictures only seem to go a small ways across. You felt they were long enough?

Yeah...that's the logical way to do it :D

Knowing my 10 year old, I doubt he'll want to go up there. He's a cautious kind of kid. It's my younger one who will want to go up there.

We'll let them decide though. Telling them about our cruise tomorrow night (new years eve) so we can discuss it with them at that point. ;)

Just so you know...if there are 2 Pullman beds the couch will not be a pullout couch.

Thanks. This is great to hear. The bed rails I've seen in pictures only seem to go a small ways across. You felt they were long enough?

The rails were good. I was worried before the cruise about how the kids would go, but it was great. It was a big novelty for them.

Shouldn't be a problem. Our 5 year old daughter slept on one and our 2 year old son would climb on it during the day while we were there to watch him. He was only 2 months away from being 3 years old. If they can climb playground equipment pretty good you shouldn't have a problem. I think it will all depend on the kid. We did have rules. Our son was not to climb unless mom or dad was there and even our daughter was told if she needed to use the restroom to wake us up and we would turn a light on and help her down so she was not climbing down in the dark.

Edited by Cruiser 23218

Double check if the couch is a sofa bed. We have had a room with a Pullman because the love seat was a 1 person bed. We look for those combos because our 2 boys 10 &11) do not like to sleep together. They both love the Pullman, so we let them take turns.

Double check if the couch is a sofa bed. We have had a room with a Pullman because the love seat was a 1 person bed. We look for those combos because our 2 boys 10 &11) do not like to sleep together. They both love the Pullman, so we let them take turns.

Yes, on the ship map our room has a black diamond on it, which is described as "stateroom with sofa bed and a third Pullman bed available". We were originally in one with a sofa bed and I changed it on the phone with a Royal agent specifying we wanted the one with sofa bed and Pullman.

Edited by LuCruise