Your Thoughts on This Situation

ladysail2

I'm booked and fully paid for the Mar 12 Radiance around Australia. I'm in a Junior Suite. In perusing the Royal Caribbean site yesterday, I noticed that the Grand Suites were cheaper than the Junior Suites. I got right on the phone to ask if I could change to a GS. For me, Dec. 28 was final payment, so I was fine in that regard.

There was hemming and hawing and confusion, so I asked to speak to a supervisor who did assure me that it was totally possible. My existing OBC would not be affected, and I could use my single supplement perk (over 340 points) and I was good.

He did all the switching...but what he couldn't do....was convert the overpayment (the JS was higher priced than the GS) to an OBC. He left the overpayment of $750 as just that...an overpayment, and gave me an extra $1 in the OBC line.

My fear is...and I said this to the supervisor...was that once I was on the ship..they'd have no idea that the overpayment is supposed to be an OBC.

Today, I'm thinking that I should phone the supervisor back, and ask him to put it back on my credit card and delete the overpayment from the invoice.

He said he made copious notes about this, and that the ship could phone the C&A shoreside. Should I go with my gut feeling and take the money back on my cc....or hope to receive it as a refundable OBC??? Since I've paid it, I won't miss it, but I get this nagging feeling that I'm going to lose it.

Sorry for the length, but it's the only way to explain it.....thanks for any helpful thoughts!!

:D:D

I'm booked and fully paid for the Mar 12 Radiance around Australia. I'm in a Junior Suite. In perusing the Royal Caribbean site yesterday, I noticed that the Grand Suites were cheaper than the Junior Suites. I got right on the phone to ask if I could change to a GS. For me, Dec. 28 was final payment, so I was fine in that regard.

There was hemming and hawing and confusion, so I asked to speak to a supervisor who did assure me that it was totally possible. My existing OBC would not be affected, and I could use my single supplement perk (over 340 points) and I was good.

He did all the switching...but what he couldn't do....was convert the overpayment (the JS was higher priced than the GS) to an OBC. He left the overpayment of $750 as just that...an overpayment, and gave me an extra $1 in the OBC line.

My fear is...and I said this to the supervisor...was that once I was on the ship..they'd have no idea that the overpayment is supposed to be an OBC.

Today, I'm thinking that I should phone the supervisor back, and ask him to put it back on my credit card and delete the overpayment from the invoice.

He said he made copious notes about this, and that the ship could phone the C&A shoreside. Should I go with my gut feeling and take the money back on my cc....or hope to receive it as a refundable OBC??? Since I've paid it, I won't miss it, but I get this nagging feeling that I'm going to lose it.

Sorry for the length, but it's the only way to explain it.....thanks for any helpful thoughts!!

I would ask to have overpayment returned to your credit card. Onboard staff ...in my experience do not have access to your payment history and reservation in that capacity. I believe that if it is posted to your account by shoreside as an OBC...they will see it. If it is not..then it will just be hanging out there and you will have to ask for refund when you return....go with your gut ;)

Thank you everyone, for your quick replies. That's what I feel....I will lose that overpayment or spend an awful lot of time at Guest Services arguing the point.

I will phone tomorrow and have the credit returned to my credit card. I think my 'gut' will feel alot better, LOL :D

Thank you again!!

Thank you everyone, for your quick replies. That's what I feel....I will lose that overpayment or spend an awful lot of time at Guest Services arguing the point.

I will phone tomorrow and have the credit returned to my credit card. I think my 'gut' will feel alot better, LOL :D

Thank you again!!

Make sure that you call C&A and not the 'regular' number. ;)

800-526-9723 hit 9. :D

Take the cash now (cr. on cc)