Regal Princess-Nov. 29-Dec. 7, 2015, Notes and Pictures

Mom33

36 days till we are on the Regal. Can't wait. We also originally booked a partially obstructed balcony, then switched to a cabin on the front of the ship. Hope our weather is as good as yours!

Great photos! Thanks for sharing! We'll be on the Regal for the first time in a couple weeks and can't wait! :)

Enjoy your cruises! :D

So in your opinion what's the difference between Regal/Royal other than the size?

They are "sister" ships so the size is virtually the same. Subtle differences are in the Princess Theatre on the Regal where there is an isle on the end of the row which is absent on the Royal. There is a small pool aft on deck 17 on the Regal which isn't there on the Royal. On the Regal there is a little more access on Promenade Deck for walking.

We have been on both and have voyages planned next month on the Royal and BTB on the Regal in August/September. The Royal Class ships are one of our favorites. Love the HC/Bistro area space and the overall beauty of the ships.

So in your opinion what's the difference between Regal/Royal other than the size?

Grego covered it in his post. ( thanks Grego) :)

I have two reviews in my signature which will show my impressions of both ships. I hope this will be helpful to you.:D

I hear the S class on X is a little better than the two Princess ships, not sure if that's true but that's what I hear, maybe in some areas.

In what ways? Been on many S-Class and been on both new Princess ships. I have my opinion and actual experience.

]I hear the S class on X is a little better than the two Princess ships' date=' not sure if that's true but that's what I hear, maybe in some areas.[/b']

I can't help you on the comparison of the two styles of ships as I have only sailed the Regal and Royal. I haven't sailed on X. There are many threads on the comparison of these vessels and a search of the forums should provide you with the comments you seek.

Thanks for the pics. We have been on the Royal and now in 24 days we will be boarding the Regal. Your pics makes us more anxious to board her.

You're welcome and have a great cruise! :)

• 1 year later...

Good morning, I see that you stayed in cabin E416 on the Regal Princess. I was recently offered a free upgrade to that cabin and I was wondering about the noise level since it is located above Crooners. Please advise if you have time. I don't want to make the wrong decision and I have to hurry before they give away my previous cabin. BTW, your review was exceptional!

Thanks in advance.

Good morning, I see that you stayed in cabin E416 on the Regal Princess. I was recently offered a free upgrade to that cabin and I was wondering about the noise level since it is located above Crooners. Please advise if you have time. I don't want to make the wrong decision and I have to hurry before they give away my previous cabin. BTW, your review was exceptional!

Thanks in advance.

No problem with noise.:D