Where's the Freedom going after April 2017?

sherry7

I was considering booking a cruise on the Freedom for April 15-23 2017. I noticed that the ship suddenly "disappears" from any searches after that sailing for the remainder of 2017. Any idea of why or where it may be going? Thanks.

I was considering booking a cruise on the Freedom for April 15-23 2017. I noticed that the ship suddenly "disappears" from any searches after that sailing for the remainder of 2017. Any idea of why or where it may be going? Thanks.

Royal has not released any itineraries beyond April 2017. Check back in the March/April 2016 timeframe for more itineraries.

Royal has not released any itineraries beyond April 2017. Check back in the March/April 2016 timeframe for more itineraries.

That makes sense, thank you! I haven't cruised for a few years, so I'd forgotten how they release the schedules.

if you are looking at Freedom because of a Port Canaveral departure

remember that Oasis shifts to Port Canaveral this fall and I believe Freedom leaves at that time. . .

Freedom leaves for Ft. Lauderdale the end of Oct 2016, the OP is talking about April 2017 when new itineraries have not been released

Edited by Ourusualbeach

The itineraries are open through April 2017, not the fall to December. Daughter and I are hoping to do a family Christmas Cruise for Dec 2017 so should be this coming March to April when the dates will open.

While 'Short Caribbean', Summer Caribbean and Canada/New England sailings are often released prior to 'Winter Caribbean' or 'Holiday Sailings', they all should be released prior to the end of March of 2016.

Freedom, Indy, Grandeur and Jewel all call on St. Maartin Christmas week 2017 per the port schedule and will be on Eastern Caribbean itineraries, while Brilliance and Liberty call at Grand Cayman on a Western itinerary along with most likely Oasis.

It appears that at least Allure goes off her normal pattern during the holiday period of 2017 and may be doing a special longer sailing that week.

It will be interesting to see when the actual itineraries are released.