2016 Identity Captain, Hotel Director, Concierge, etc.

triptolemus

Hi,

I have not checked in here since 2015!

It is good to get an idea of where folks are.

If you know Miki (Restaurant Manager - was on Dawn) she is now on vacation, but will return to the SUN. I can't wait to see her in November.

I think Hal Broome is there also.

Judy

Do you think Hal Broome is on the Sun or the Dawn? I hope he will be on the Dawn in October.

In late September of 2015 Les Broome was on The Sun. Is he currently assigned to The Sun, I have no idea.

Miky (Restaurant Manager) is currently on vacation. As far as I know she will return to The Sun in late September if assignments do not change before then.

In late September of 2015 Les Broome was on The Sun. Is he currently assigned to The Sun, I have no idea.

Miky (Restaurant Manager) is currently on vacation. As far as I know she will return to The Sun in late September if assignments do not change before then.

Hi,

According to Miki, she'll be back on the SUN in September.

Of course, we all know that NCL can change their mind....:confused:

Judy

Hi,

According to Miki, she'll be back on the SUN in September.

Of course, we all know that NCL can change their mind....:confused:

Judy

Hi Judy

Hope all is well. Enjoying my last few days in Salzburg before flying home Sunday. If you hear from Hal Broomes please send him my regards.

Suzie

Hi Judy

Hope all is well. Enjoying my last few days in Salzburg before flying home Sunday. If you hear from Hal Broomes please send him my regards.

Suzie

Hi Suzie,

I have been following your trip.

I think it is awesome that you did this and what a great trip[.

We lived in northern Italy for 3 years and loved to travel up to Austria.

Breathtaking scenery.

Hugs to Sean if you see him before you leave.

Have a safe trip home.

I’m waiting to see if I hear from Hal.

Nothing yet.

I’ll let you know.

Judy

Hi Suzie,

Breathtaking scenery.

Have a safe trip home.

Nothing yet.

I’ll let you know.

Judy

It's been an awesome amazing trip. Sean sends regards to you and Rol as well.

Suzie

Do you think Hal Broome is on the Sun or the Dawn? I hope he will be on the Dawn in October.

Oh Peg, We are really hoping to have Hal on the Jade in Dec. Know it most likely won't happen. He seems so happy on the Sun. Maybe NCL should private jet him every 2 or 3 days to different ships so we can all enjoy him. Hi to George, Jo-An :)

Hi Suzie,

Breathtaking scenery.

Have a safe trip home.

Nothing yet.

I’ll let you know.

Judy

Hi Judy

What a great time I had in Austria. It is s stunning place indeed

Does anyone know where Captain Lars Bengtsson is going next? I missed him on the Gem last week - he'd just left for vacation and one of the crew told me that he won't be back to the Gem at all (they weren't sure what ship he was going to after vacation.

Love him - he is too funny!

Does anyone know where Captain Lars Bengtsson is going next? I missed him on the Gem last week - he'd just left for vacation and one of the crew told me that he won't be back to the Gem at all (they weren't sure what ship he was going to after vacation.

Love him - he is too funny!

Yes, Lars has been assigned to a new ship when he returns from vacation. Not sure which ship or when and things could change. They serve a little like being in the military- you serve on one ship for a period of time and then move to another. He has been on The Gem for awhile now so it is probably time for a new assignment.

Yes, he is very fun and a very kind gentleman.

Yes, Lars has been assigned to a new ship when he returns from vacation. Not sure which ship or when and things could change. They serve a little like being in the military- you serve on one ship for a period of time and then move to another. He has been on The Gem for awhile now so it is probably time for a new assignment.

Yes, he is very fun and a very kind gentleman.

For those who aren't aware "vacation" is actually an break between contracts. When folks return from Vacation they have signed on to a new contract which dictates which ship they will be going to.

For those who aren't aware "vacation" is actually an break between contracts. When folks return from Vacation they have signed on to a new contract which dictates which ship they will be going to.

My sister and BIL worked for NCL for many years, and while technically they were "in between" contracts, they always considered that time their vacation ;) They also, by the way, knew what their next assignment would be before they left (they had a choice in choosing which ship/itinerary.) My brother-in-law is Norwegian and was an officer (not sure which rank) so I'm not sure if that factored into his being able to choose.

Back on topic, I really miss Lars and his sense of humor - his "daily musings" were a riot. Hopefully someone will know where he is headed!

Edited by pcakes122

The change from allowing officers and crew to play a role in their assignment and knowing ahead of time is another example of shift from the Sheehan to the Del Rio management style.

Previously, officers, crew and guests were treated as "family".

Now, officers and crew are treated as "employees" and guests are treated as "customers".

This has affected the former feeling of warmth and comraderie enjoyed by officers, crew and guests.

This mangement style shift was necessitated by NCL's growth from a medium sized cruise line to one the "big boys."

The fleet of 10 ships in 2010 has now grown to 15 (with 2 more to go) plus Oceania's 6 ships and Regent's 4 ships.

Only time will tell whether the resulting good outweighs the bad in terms of crew and customer satisfaction.

Edited by Uniall