Regal Princess - Just changed cabins and think I scored! Thoughts?

Hoosier-Cruiser

We are booked on a Spring Break 2017 cruise on the Regal Princess and had originally booked a sideways inside cabin for the four of us. This weekend, I was looking around to see what cabins were open and what they were going for and I stumbled across one of the infamous forward balconies, L101.

After some deliberation and convincing the DW, I called and got the booking changed. Overall, the cabin was $470 more for the four of us for 7-days, but it came with an additional $200 in OBC. So, effectively, it is costing $270 more for 7 days.

I am one that has a hard time spending money, but this seemed too good to pass up to experience our first balcony sailing. The DW is concerned that either the balcony won't be used much or it will make me even more anti-social. I had to promise that I wouldn't miss any trivia sessions :)

Everything I have read on here has said that there are no issues using the balcony at sea (except for the wind). This was a worry since the booking site has 4 different warnings about the balcony may not be accessible on sea days.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I feel like I am a kid that was just told he is going to Disney World.

We are booked on a Spring Break 2017 cruise on the Regal Princess and had originally booked a sideways inside cabin for the four of us. This weekend, I was looking around to see what cabins were open and what they were going for and I stumbled across one of the infamous forward balconies, L101.

After some deliberation and convincing the DW, I called and got the booking changed. Overall, the cabin was $470 more for the four of us for 7-days, but it came with an additional $200 in OBC. So, effectively, it is costing $270 more for 7 days.

I am one that has a hard time spending money, but this seemed too good to pass up to experience our first balcony sailing. The DW is concerned that either the balcony won't be used much or it will make me even more anti-social. I had to promise that I wouldn't miss any trivia sessions :)

Everything I have read on here has said that there are no issues using the balcony at sea (except for the wind). This was a worry since the booking site has 4 different warnings about the balcony may not be accessible on sea days.

Sorry for the long-winded post, but I feel like I am a kid that was just told he is going to Disney World.

I thought i scored big when i got a balcony cabin for $40 more and the joke was on me , i MUCH prefer the sideway insides to that balcony cabin. More room and storage space.

I thought i scored big when i got a balcony cabin for $40 more and the joke was on me , i MUCH prefer the sideway insides to that balcony cabin. More room and storage space.

That's what I am worried about, but this room is supposed to have about 360 sq ft, with a 90 sq ft balcony. I'm hoping the layout makes it feel as big as it is on paper.

Great swap!!! We had a forward facing balcony in April on the Royal. It was fantastic. We had beautiful weather and spent many nights out on the balcony. The Stars were amazing since there are no balcony lights and everyone must keep their drapes closed.

Enjoy! Denise

That's what I am worried about, but this room is supposed to have about 360 sq ft, with a 90 sq ft balcony. I'm hoping the layout makes it feel as big as it is on paper.

We are just off the Christmas cruise where we (3 adult females) shared a Mini Suite and my friend had M101, just under L101, which she shared with her 15 y/o DD and 13 y/o DS. I spent a bit of time in their cabin. The balcony is great, however if you are sharing this cabin with FOUR people, prepare to be VERY crowded. I saw first hand how crowded it was with 3 people and cannot imagine 4 people in it. My friend's son kept wanting to hang out in our cabin because theirs was so small. One word of advice, completely unpack and make use of the closet and drawers and put all your suitcases under the bed. One mistake they made (IMHO) was never unpacking and living out of their suitcases. After seeing how orderly our cabin was, her poor son went back to their cabin and TRIED to organize it a bit. I was always curious about these famous FF balcony cabins and after seeing them would never book one for 3 people, let alone 4. My friend wished she had spent the extra $ and booked a MS. I'm sure you'll be fine, as you were already prepared to have 4 in an inside, and you WILL have the big balcony!

Edited by baronessk

• 1 month later...

Having a balcony is great! Lots of things to see from the room instead of having to go on top to see sights, or going in/out of ports. Nice to sit on balcony and soak up sun if you don't want to fight with the group around pool on sea days. Love to listen to the ocean at night. Just nice to have fresh air in room. Only thing with 101 is being in front of ship and that you may feel the rocking of ship more depending on the weather.

Returned last week from Regal, cabin M102. Loved this cabin. Booked for March 2017 on Regal, but no far forwards were available, so went for far aft.

We were able to use our balcony any time others could use theirs. A rainy night kept us off.

Great place for sail away. Only place where you can be at the front of the ship. Chairs recline and have footstools. Almost fell asleep after coming back from port. Also, because the front of the balcony was solid and our was sloping, it provided a very protected area to dry water shoes.

We did not feel any excessive motion, however we did hear some. Advise - bring a bungee cord to strap any unused hangers together. They will knock against each other and were annoying. We tied them together with the bathrobe tie.

It is also a great location. You are right below the retreat bar and pool. We had many private nights in the hot tubs...pool is live a graveyard after 7 pm.

We will be in this exact same cabin THIS Spring Break and we couldn't be more excited. The location should be fantastic and hopefully you've seen the video tour someone posted of it on YouTube. Bring your hammock! [emoji12] There will be 3 of us and I'm not at all concerned about space.