Adult/Child menu

jhusemann

My DD2 loves soup, so she ordered from the adult menu every night. My DD6 also ordered several adult items like the various pastas, appetizers, etc. We actually didn't even use the kids menu the entire week. The waitstaff had absolutely no problem bringing them whatever they wanted. If your kiddo is excited for lobster night, order away!

I know that an adult can order from a kid's menu, but can a kid order from the adult menu? My 6 year old loves the adult selection more than what is listed on the kids menu.

TIA!

They don't care who orders off what menu..well, maybe there might be a problem with a 6 yr old ordering off the Wine List...

I know that an adult can order from a kid's menu, but can a kid order from the adult menu? My 6 year old loves the adult selection more than what is listed on the kids menu.

TIA!

Absolutely. My kid was 5 on her second cruise on Carnival, and we ordered two meals for her every night, one from the kids menu and one from the adult menu. She was able to experiment with all the different epicurean delights, and by the end of the week was an avowed steak eater. Nas well as an assortment of other goodies.all while we stole the stuff off her kiddie plate.

Remember this simple rule. On a Cruise, there are no such thing as kids, but only passengers. Each passenger pays the same price as regardless of age. No discount for a kid (3rd and 4th guest can be a kid, or adult, and still have a reduced price). Therefore the kid paid for the adult meal already, and the cruise line would love to serve some frozen chicken nuggets, instead of a Lobster tail, but a 6 year old still can love a lobster.

TIA!

Anyone can order from any menu. The children's menus are only provided because children usually don't enjoy typical adult selections.

Yes on our last cruise my 7 year old daughter had everything from frog legs to prime rib! The 5 year old ate cheese pizza just about every night however. Ha! Great thing about cruising is you can let the little ones try new things if they are adventurous eaters and not be worried about the cost!

It's funny- on a cruise a few years back my nine year old niece ordered lamb chops and seafood. My 12 year old niece would eat nothing but French fries and warm melting cake (good thing I am just the auntie), and my 55 year old aunt would eat nothing but pizza topping off the pizza from the Lido deck. You just never know:-)

Absolutely order off the adult menu - 2 or more if you are not sure the child will like it! My kids love the chilled soups - strawberry, mango and peach I believe as they are basically like melted ice cream! The fried shrimp are also popular with them. My youngest is a carnivore - like one of the other posters - and I think he had a flat iron or prime rib every night. And now with the AT menu it is even easier to order extra sides if you don't think they will like what comes with the entree.

In fact, cruising is what got my kids eating "real" food - my now 17 year old started at 8, and the now 11 year old at 2. I just never gave them the option of the kids menu. And now the 17 year old eats the tropical fish dish, chicken or indian each night, with whatever asian inspired appetizer he can find.

Edited by A&Jfamily