Booking...Couple of Questions

packedandready

The website is so frustrating I thought I'd ask the experts...

We're booked on Equinox 10 night. When booked they were offering 50% deposit..so only put down $450.

We're wanting to switch to the Eclipse 14 night. I can't find anything about deposit discounts so assuming I'll need to put down full deposit...

Is that correct??

Is deposit $450 for 14 night?

Thanks

I moved a 7 night cruise to Alaska that was reserved with a $100 p.p. reduced deposit to a 13 night Greek Isles cruise and didn't have to pay any additional deposit back in October. I would definitely ask to make sure, but I didn't have to pay anything more.

If your reservation is less than 60 days old PLEASE transfer it to a big box TA. Ask them first to move it over and at the same time ask for say $300 in additional OBC. Then they can fix it. If reservation is with X and over 60 days old you are stuck dealing with them or simply cancelling your reservation and starting over if you are before the full payment date.

And yes, you will owe the full deposit at the time of your reservation unless there is a promotion. Am not aware of one going on for reduced deposits. Also $450 is the standard amount per person for a 10-14 day cruise.

I just called and switched booking. Told me that since I was Elite (Diamond with RCI) I would keep the $450 deposit. Sure hope he's correct and booking doesn't just disappear. Don't have a lot of confidence in things the reps tell me. Will keep a watch on things.

You will be fine. I was nervous the first time I got a lower deposit but it all worked out well. When I called today to book my very first Celebrity cruise, I got 50% deposit because of my status on RCCL.

If your reservation is less than 60 days old PLEASE transfer it to a big box TA. Ask them first to move it over and at the same time ask for say $300 in additional OBC. Then they can fix it. If reservation is with X and over 60 days old you are stuck dealing with them or simply cancelling your reservation and starting over if you are before the full payment date.

And yes, you will owe the full deposit at the time of your reservation unless there is a promotion. Am not aware of one going on for reduced deposits. Also $450 is the standard amount per person for a 10-14 day cruise.

You are big on pushy the TA stuff. Why? I understand you get additional OBC and moving works for you. But why tell someone else to "PLEASE transfer..."

You had me spinning the other night trying to figure out the "big box TA" you were talking about. Than finally I stopped and wondered "why am I allowing this person on the internet I don't even know get me all stressed out". It is good to suggest - but telling someone PLEASE goes beyond a mere suggestion.

You are big on pushy the TA stuff. Why? I understand you get additional OBC and moving works for you. But why tell someone else to "PLEASE transfer..."

You had me spinning the other night trying to figure out the "big box TA" you were talking about. Than finally I stopped and wondered "why am I allowing this person on the internet I don't even know get me all stressed out". It is good to suggest - but telling someone PLEASE goes beyond a mere suggestion.

My post and reasoning are simple. Why would so many people stress about the frustrations of dealing with the very broken Celebrity website when they can let a TA do it for them AND get paid to have someone else do the work. Saying PLEASE is exactly that. I am not saying they are a stupid dumb idiot if they don't. My TA suggestions are exactly the same as all of our CC hosts and most of the long term posters.

Same thing with luggage tags - several hundred posts over the last year about people in a tizzy over not receiving their luggage tags. Why fret when you do not need the ones mailed to you and putting them on your bags before your cruise provides your name and address along with the date you will be getting home. Does that seem like a good idea? OK to say do not do this? How about PLEASE do not do this?

I am not referring to any specific TA. I have used several over the years and found their service to usually be good to excellent. Sorry my comment stressed you out.