Thermal Suite Pass -Pearl...is i worth it?

Lydia B.

Looking for some input from those of you who have been on the Pearl and purchased the Termal Suite Pass.

Bottom line did you feel it was worth it? The pre buy cost is $159 for a ten day cruise.

Thanking you in advance for your help, Lydia of Ohio

We had thermal spa passes on our 2012 Pearl cruise. At that time, the sauna and steam rooms were separated into male and female. Also, the thermal spa was difficult for my elderly in-laws to get in and out of because of long lengths to get in by ladder. Heated tile loungers were very nice. We loved it and used it every evening while everyone else was out at shows, etc. However, it is not like the new ships' thermal spa facilities.

Edited by sc2011

The Pearl was the first Thermal Suite we ever did. We loved it and even more than on some of the bigger ships. Only one we like better is the Epic which has an outdoors resting area.

What specifically is male and female only on the Epic, if you can recall?

• 8 months later...
Will be on The Pearl for first time in January 2017 and want to do the Thermal Spa. Don't want it to sell out. When will we be able to purchase?

100 days prior any cabin not suite/haven, 90 days prior for suite/haven.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We just got off the Pearl, and for me, just the loungers are worth about any price.

It is different from the Jewel and Jade, in that the loungers DO NOT face the front of the ship. The Thalassotherapy pool in the co-ed part is much bigger, though, so there is that trade off.

Personally, I would. But those loungers are literally about the only thing that make the arthritis in my back stop hurting.

We just got off the Pearl, and for me, just the loungers are worth about any price.

It is different from the Jewel and Jade, in that the loungers DO NOT face the front of the ship. The Thalassotherapy pool in the co-ed part is much bigger, though, so there is that trade off.

Personally, I would. But those loungers are literally about the only thing that make the arthritis in my back stop hurting.

It sounds wonderful to me, I want to enjoy the quiet space to watch the seas and read a book. Hoping The Pearl is a good choice. My sister and I are traveling together and are new to cruising. Wanting to make every arrangement we can ahead to ensure a smooth sailing. Thanks for your input.

What exactly does the thermal suite consist on? Heated tile loungers - lying on tile doesn't sound very comfortable. What am I missing? What is thal-whatever?

They are loungers designed to support your weight comfortably. When I first saw them I couldn't understand how it wouldn't be uncomfortable to lie in a hard chair. I was so wrong though- they are wonderful!

> I couldn't understand how it wouldn't be uncomfortable to lie in a hard chair.

Yes, I'm having trouble picturing that too. But whoever said it helped her arthritis sure caught my attention.

Image the chaise heated and covering your body's back and legs in even warmth. As the heat seeps into your muscles trust me you will forget the chaise is made from ceramic and only notice how great your body feels. If the chaise came at a reasonable price trust me I would own one! My DH fell in love and it was hard to get him out of the spa.:)

What specifically is male and female only on the Epic, if you can recall?

In the locker rooms there are steam, dry sauna and a eucalyptus steam bath which of course are gender specific as they are in the locker rooms.

In the main spa area everything is co-ed. Sauna, steam, loungers, pool, and showers.

I've had spa passes on the Jade, Epic, and Pearl. I just got off the Pearl a little over a week ago, and would love to be back in the spa! That's a good price for 10 days--I'd go for it, for sure!

The loungers are comfortable and like Starflyr, I have arthritis in my spine and love the pool (which is hotter on the Pearl than I experienced on the other two ships) and the loungers. Those are the perfect places to be after an active day in port!

Hillfolk, in both the women's only area and the co-ed area there are chaise lounges that face the windows. On my recent cruise, unfortunately, folks seemed to think they were the perfect spot to sit and talk...loudly. So, I didn't get the peace and quiet I'm used to there (but, I booked a balcony, so made good use of it!). I haven't often experienced that--most people are pretty quiet in the spa. Just goes with the vibe. :D

• 5 months later...