Cozumel restaurants ?

SoALcruiser

We've been to Cozumel several times , but it's been several years. We will be there in February. We've never eaten a meal there off the ship, but since friends are joining us for this cruise, we thought it might be fun to try a local restaurant. Any suggestions?

Thanks, and happy cruising to all!

Kaye

The Money Bar has good food and a great view of the Ocean. Also, excellent snorkeling right off the patio!

It's a short cab ride from where Royal ships usually dock.

Edited by gwatson7

The money bar has good food and a better view. Also, excellent snorkeling right off the patio!

Our second choice and only a $10 cab ride each away. This is the area where most of the snorkel excursions go and there is no cover charge!!!

Edited by Scotty G

La Choza.... downtown.

Casa Denis... downtown on square.

La Mission.... downtown.

Wet Wendy's... downtown north of square, best outdoor bar, gigantic margaritas, snacks.

Money Bar... great oceanfront lunch spot.

All of these have a huge menu and great prices.

I think Pancho's Backyard is overpriced.

you can read about all of these on Trip Advisor and see location and menus. Any taxi driver can drop you off there, too, if your ship docks at the southern piers.

Thanks for the recommendations, friends.

Kaye

You should definitely consider EL Moro. Check them out on Trip Advisor and find the review from 2 years ago in the Wahington Post. It's in town and gets both tourist and local clientele. It's family run, friendly, affordable and delish.

"La Mission.... downtown"

Confused, as when I google I come up with 3 Mission rest's. ???

They are all owned by the same family with slightly different emphasis and name.

"La Mission" is the only one in the main tourist downtown area

http://www.lamissioncozumel.com/contact/

I wasn't over impressed when we tried it, maybe just a bad day, but we prefer La Choza recommended above. Still waiting to try El Moro which I have seen recommended several times, but again it is further out of town.

They are all owned by the same family with slightly different emphasis and name.

"La Mission" is the only one in the main tourist downtown area

http://www.lamissioncozumel.com/contact/

I wasn't over impressed when we tried it, maybe just a bad day, but we prefer La Choza recommended above. Still waiting to try El Moro which I have seen recommended several times, but again it is further out of town.

El Morro is right in town. It's about 3 or 4 miles inland from the Tourist area.