Waiting list #123

NLCAPER

Hello, 17th cruise but 1st time cruise on Princess. Sailing on Ruby Feb 7th, and noticed I am 123 in the wait list for 600pm dining. Looking for advice, what are the chances of getting that dinning time? If it's not available what does the cruise line default to? Also have never used my time dinning, is there typically a wait to be seated? Appreciate the advice, Thank you

Hello, 17th cruise but 1st time cruise on Princess. Sailing on Ruby Feb 7th, and noticed I am 123 in the wait list for 600pm dining. Looking for advice, what are the chances of getting that dinning time? If it's not available what does the cruise line default to? Also have never used my time dinning, is there typically a wait to be seated? Appreciate the advice, Thank you

There is always a line for anytime dining unless you call in the morning each day to make a reservation. We always choose anytime dining but prefer to eat at 7:15-7:30.

If you consider Anytime Dining the least attractive option I would suggest changing now to either the 5:15 or 8:00 seating, then go see the Maitre d' on embarkation day to request being switched to 6:00. May not happen until Day 2 but still possible, unlike if you remain on the pre-cruise waiting list but do not clear and are defaulted to ATD.

Edited by fishywood

It will most likely default to anytime dining. They are pretty good at getting you seated in a timely manner without much of a wait If you are a smaller party. :)

We've always opted for anytime dining, so not sure about your chances at #123 on the wait list. I understand from reading other posts that the early traditional dining seems to be more popular. Did you have a state a second choice for late dining? If not it will likely revert to anytime dining.

As far as the wait times to be seated can vary. Showing up just as the dining room opens will improve your chance of prompt seating. Others say that they have no problem being seated if they choose to go after 8 pm.

We're rather relaxed about the dining issue, when we're ready to eat we'll just go to the buffet or one of the other venues if the line is too long.

Edited by cbnewfie

Thanks very nice of you.... We'll be the Canadians running away from -20 and smiling from ear to ear... [emoji41]

Come on, don't give the Americans more fodder for the GWN jokes. It is NOT -20 up here where most people live - especially this mild winter. You have to go a long way north or out to Winterpeg or Edmonton or Territories to find that kind of temperature.

Or perhaps Green Bay.

Call your TA or Princess (if you booked directly), and ask what you're assigned to; everyone on the dining waitlist is assigned to a back-up. I've been assigned to the earlier time, later time, and Anytime on different cruises as the back-up, so you'll have to call to see what you've been assigned. Since you're past final payment, I wouldn't think 123 is a very good place to be on the waitlist, but as others said, you can always ask the Maitre' D to change your assignment once onboard.

There is always a line for anytime dining unless you call in the morning each day to make a reservation. We always choose anytime dining but prefer to eat at 7:15-7:30.

We have never had more that a 5 minute wait for anytime dining, however we are always willing to be seated with others for dinner.

We have had AD 200 or so says on Princess ships. We go to dinner about 7:30 and say we will share with a table for 6 or fewer. We have never been given a beeper and never waited more than 5 minutes to be seated. Usually, there is either no one or 2 or 4 people ahead of us.