Just off Ecstasy

kmac30

Ecstasy is one of the smaller and older ships in the Carnival Fleet, they still have the old menus in the Main dining room. The food was good but not great. We were on a 3 day cruise , we ate 2 dinners in the dining room and had dinner on the lido for the other night as we didnt get back on the ship until late. There are lots of options for lunch, the lido lunch buffet changes every day, there was also a grill station with hamburgers, hot dogs and chicken tenders, there was a Mongolian station, a deli and as always the 24 hour pizza. The sea day brunch was also very good. And the room service has the usual free options and some others things like chicken wings etc for a small extra charge.

Any other questions just ask!

Did you visit or use the Serenity area in the aft section? If so, was it overly packed? I've got a four day coming up on this ship soon and would like to know all about your experiences from boarding to debarkation. The itinerary is different but the experiences on the ship are just as important. Did you go to the disco on the ship? If yes, how was it? (Type of music played, ambience, etc?)

Thanks! :)

We did go to the serenity a couple of times, it was never overly packed. We were always able to find chairs and the hot tubs were nice as well. Its a great view off the back of the ship. Its pretty hidden so I bet a lot of people never even wandered over that way.

Boarding was very easy, we got to the port at about 11:00am and we were on the ship by 12:15 when they called our zone ( zone 1). Getting off was just as easy, we carried our own luggage off and had breakfast on lido and was off the ship at 9am they was a little wait to get through customs though but not too bad ( we had an 12:45pm flight in Ft. Lauderdale and we made it when plenty of time)

The staff is very friendly and even though it was only a 3 day cruise, many of them called us by name.

We didn't have a chance to go to the disco ( we really only had two nights on the ship since we were overnight in the bahamas for the other night). But I did walk by a few times, it doesn't really get busy until after midnight. We didn't catch any of the shows so I can't comment on that but they did have the epic rock show. We did do Kareoke and the comedy shows which were all a great time. The music during the day at the lido deck was very enjoyable as well.

The do have the steak and lobster in the main dining room for the $20 fee, but no steakhouse restaurant on the ship.

Any other questions let me know!

Thank you for your help on the timing of things (embark, debark) and comments on the Serenity area. I look forward to this four day holiday and hope that I can debark around 10AM. I'm getting off this ship and going next door to another one and hanging out in the terminal all morning isn't my idea of a great mid-point to a holiday! Thanks again! :)

Thank you for reviews, I have had not had the new menu yet on my prior cruises, so I am looking forward to my favorites from the old menu. How were the new items on the formal night. I will miss my lobster, but not a deal breaker for me.

Quick question; do they have hair dryers in every cabin? Thanx for the help Another one, Can you bring a bottle of wine aboard.

Wimpy hair dryers are in some premium cabins (if not ask and you can get one) and yes 1 bottle of wine per cruiser over 21.

Edited by fuddrules

We didnt go to dinner on formal night because we were on the Bahamas overnight, so we didn't rush back for dinner. But I did see the menu, the two things I remember being on there was Prime Rib and BBQ short Ribs. Sorry I am not sure of the rest.

Thanks for bringing up formal night. Luggage space is at a premium this trip so I'm thinking of forgoing any sort of suit and tie and just wearing what I always wear to the MDR (on NCL) which is dress pants and a nice button down shirt. On formal night, would I be denied entry to the MDR if I showed up wearing that? Thanks.

Anyone who has done the four day cruises, is the formal night on the late stop to Cozumel? I'm hoping it will be so a lot of people are off ship at that time. :) Thank you for your help!

You should have no problem staying on the ship until 10am, they tell you to leave your room by 8:30 but there were plenty of people hanging out in the dining room and lido area waiting.

That's awesome! Thank you so much for your help! I'm starting to wonder if I'm sailing on a ghost ship. There's not CC roll call for it. :cool::eek:

Dress pants and a button down shirt will work perfectly for formal night. They aren't strict about it on these short cruises. There was also only a very small roll call for my trip ( only 2-3 people) yet the ship was completely full and sold out. So you might be surprised at the amount of people.

Our waiter in the dining room was trying to convince us to stay on the ship and do the 4 day to cozumel and key west, he said that cruise is much better than the 3 days to bahamas...So enjoy you will have a blast!

Dress pants and a button down shirt will work perfectly for formal night. They aren't strict about it on these short cruises. There was also only a very small roll call for my trip ( only 2-3 people) yet the ship was completely full and sold out. So you might be surprised at the amount of people.

Our waiter in the dining room was trying to convince us to stay on the ship and do the 4 day to cozumel and key west, he said that cruise is much better than the 3 days to bahamas...So enjoy you will have a blast!

You have been a wealth of information for me regarding my upcoming sailing. I truly appreciate you being helpful and kind enough to answer! Pleasant onward sailings to you! :)

The ecstacy is great, been on here several times. Its pretty crazy I must say, but now we get to have what all the big ships have soon enough with Guys burgers on all the fantasy class ships. I am so excited to be able to take a 3 day and get really really good food.