Suite guest Breakfast on Star?

bschmitt

If you are a suite guest, be prepared to be underwhelmed at breakfast and lunch at Cagney's. That's my opinion from our last three trips as suite guests.

I would disagree, but it's all subjective. For us breakfast was always excellent, with both hot dishes and a European cold bar, as well as pastries and cereals. Best coffee on the ship (French Press) as well, IMO.

The problem with lunch is that the menu never changes. That's been something I've long hoped NCL would address. It's not that the food isn't good, it's just that on anything 7 days or longer, it gets pretty monotonous. But you can vary that by eating elsewhere for lunch if you want.

Thanks so much. Trying to find out as much as I can about Suite perks before I board. Hope the extra cost is worth it.

We've done suites on RCL, Carnival, Celebrity and NCL. In our minds, NCL does the suite life better than any other cruise line. I think you'll find it's definitely worth the extra cost.

first-timer (cruiser and suite guest)-- does this mean that only suite guests can go to this restaurant for breakfast and lunch? It can be delivered as well, if my other reading is correct, right?

Yes, that's correct. The "suite guest" breakfast and lunch (whether served in Cagney's, Moderno, or the Haven restaurants) is only open for suite guests. And yes, you can have your butler serve breakfast or lunch in your cabin for you and any guests, including those who may not be in suites.

Just got off the Star. We were in an aft suite. Breakfast and lunch was served in Moderno, but I think the venue you are thinking of has changed. Moderno is now on deck 13 across from Cagney's.

Oh! So Moderno is where a bar was? Maybe I need to cruise on the star again! Moderno used to be deck 8 mid, across from blue lagoon. A lot can change in 16 months!

Oh! So Moderno is where a bar was? Maybe I need to cruise on the star again! Moderno used to be deck 8 mid, across from blue lagoon. A lot can change in 16 months!

They removed the Star Bar and moved Modern up there. Blue Lagoon has been replaced by O'Sheehans, and takes of the area previously of the Blue Lagoon ad Moderno. They will be doing the same thing on the Dawn in the dry dock from mid-May to mid-June.

• 2 years later...

I was on the Star the last week of July 2018 and breakfast was in Moderno's and contrary to some of the information provided by others we had one lunch in Cagney's, this was the only lunch that we ate in the Suites restaurant so cannot comment if it was only for that day or if lunch was there for that week.

The DAWN - the STAR's sister ship is the same format.

The bar formerly the Star Bar was renamed the Sugarcane Mohito bar

One note if the ship is having a SEA day Cagney's may be used as an overflow for Moderno -

Moderno can accommodate just so many guests

Moderno was formerly on deck 8 starboard side but now the whole deck 8 atrium area is now O'Sheehans

The Cagney's - Moderno location is a better location to serve the suite guests - the Le Bistro is on deck 6

6 decks below awkward to get to and would have a temporary buffet setup perhaps not as good as the fixed

facility in Moderno.