Our Epic first time cruise- photo review- 3rd Jan Canaries/Spain

SquishTheWhale

Those look like monk parakeets/quaker parrots! They're native to south america but have naturalized to a number of places in the US and apparently Europe as well.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk_parakeet) They're quite common in the pet trade and really neat little guys but apparently much hardier than anyoen expected- they've naturalized quite far north in a number of places!

I am so sorry you did not get your churros. Churros should be like, a staple of everyone's diet. (Along with elotes and tacos, nom.)

Eager to read your review as we were on same cruise in a deck 13 balcony cabin. We hated the ship (and that is not an overstatement). Worst ship we have ever been on in 37 cruises. Too large, too many loud people, very badly designed cabins. However food and entertainment were excellent and the free drinks package was good. Staff and service were good with the exception of staff on reception. Our steward was great and provided nightly towel animals which was amusing. We enjoyed the cruise and itinerary but not the ship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

From what I can gather people who have cruised a lot don't tend to like the Epic- but those who don't know any better (like myself) quite like her! I wouldn't call her beautiful but we enjoyed the ship a lot. The 4000 odd people on board did grate on me after a while though, I have to admit! I hope you enjoyed the cruise overall even if you didn't enjoy the Epic.

Next update coming soon, F came home from work and demanded food and attention! (I have booked off work until Monday, which is much more sensible than going straight back to work!)

We sailed the Epic Thanksgiving week, and although it was sold out, there were very few times we felt crowded.

As I stated in my review, the ship is quite ugly, but it's not horribly laid out, with the exception of the cabin floor plan.

Where were the drawers then? We searched the whole cabin and only one tiny drawer under the sink. The rest was just cupboard stowage and the wardrobe. We were in 13144.

10191 We had plenty of storage and drawers. Enough for 3 people.

10191 We had plenty of storage and drawers. Enough for 3 people.

Where were your drawers? Our cabin was a balcony and we certainly had only two; one tiny and a large basket drawer under the sink. The rest was just small cupboard stowage, like a yacht.

Thank you so much for the review and pics are fabulous!!

I'm glad sun transfers worked out for you. Unfortunately, I was one of the many they have left at the airport. They even knew my plane was going to be 15 minutes late as I Tex and emailed them 8 hours prior and they had replied. Then they wouldn't even refund me. I think they had other people scheduled so unless ur plane is right on time, I personally wouldn't take the chance. Then the taxi ended up cheaper, so next time I know to save $$ just book a cab.

I want to do the canaries or baltics in 2017 but your review is leaning me to the Canary Islands...thank u😄

Oh know we have booked them to pick us up at Barcelona Airport! Where were they supposed to pick you up from? Hope they don't let us down !

Where were your drawers? Our cabin was a balcony and we certainly had only two; one tiny and a large basket drawer under the sink. The rest was just small cupboard stowage, like a yacht.

We had drawers underneath the wardrobe closets. We also had a couple small drawers to the right of the sink.

Oh know we have booked them to pick us up at Barcelona Airport! Where were they supposed to pick you up from? Hope they don't let us down !

They were great for us- when you comes through security and into arrivals there is a bunch of guys stood around holding name signs. Our driver was right there waiting for us with a sign, and led us out to the car. We got a mini van even though we booked a normal car. He wasn't chatty or anything but I don't care about that- he drove safely and got us there quickly. It's not really neccessary to book a transfer as there are lots of taxis, but I'm glad we did.

Those look like monk parakeets/quaker parrots! They're native to south america but have naturalized to a number of places in the US and apparently Europe as well.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monk_parakeet) They're quite common in the pet trade and really neat little guys but apparently much hardier than anyoen expected- they've naturalized quite far north in a number of places!

I am so sorry you did not get your churros. Churros should be like, a staple of everyone's diet. (Along with elotes and tacos, nom.)

I was thinking parakeets originally! And I'm still sad about the churros :'(

Day 9 continued

We'd had a wonderful day in Malaga- it's such a lovely place with a really interesting mix of modern and historic elements. I don't know if we'll come back as we have so many destinations on our 'list'- but I would certainly consider it!

For dinner that night we headed to Taste for our last MDR meal of the cruise... sob :'( Menus below!

24268686922_d3483dd6ef_z.jpg

24009124609_fc927c0763_z.jpg

24268672112_22990bb727_z.jpg

For starters I had vegetable cream soup, and F had the french onion soup

24376928925_397949b854_z.jpg

24009155009_cb30312f73_z.jpg

As always with the MDR soups they were both excellent.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

For main I had the cajun shrimp and beef short rib, F had the mixed grill.

23748725054_b96f3ce292_z.jpg

I enjoyed mine a lot! The meat wasn't too pink so I was happy.

24009144109_1ec0bc649e_z.jpg

F enjoyed his mixed grill as well- but he gave me a bite of his sausage (oo-err!) which was supposed to be a bratwurst, and it tasted really odd to me- really sweet. I've eaten a fair amount of bratwurst including some in Germany and that did not taste like bratwurst to me! Just like a really really sweet sausage.

It was apparentley 'chocolate night' tonight- which just means that all the desserts on the menu have a chocolate element to them. I went for the white chocolate raspberry mousse, hoping it would be as good as the red velvet and white chocolate mousse from the other day. F was a bit brave and went for the beetroot chocolate cake!

24081289410_4fa4dd4856_z.jpg

This mousse was only 10% as good as the other one, sadly. It had that weird flavourless jelly skin stuff on it that my first night dessert had, but this one was harder to skin and had less tasty mousse inside! Very disappointing.

23748683614_f47bd216b9_z.jpg

F enjoyed his chocolate cake, as it really didn't taste of beetroot. The little stick things were some kind of beetroot jelly and tasted generally wrong, but the cake was fine.

It was pretty much straight to bed after dinner as it had been a long day!

Edited by SquishTheWhale

Day 10- the last day!

It was sadly the last full day of the cruise and a sea day as we headed back towards Barcelona. Dailies:

24294380421_ba45548dd5_z.jpg

24081264190_203248a214_z.jpg

24376847605_30ce39cbc6_z.jpg

We quite fancied attending the 'How to run a floating hotel' presentation shown on the front of the dailies- F especially would have liked to ask the chief engineer questions as he's a type of engineer himself. However we had a lie in and didn't get our butts in gear in time to attend. As we woke up pretty late we decided to head to the Moderno breakfast buffet. Why oh why had we not done this before?? It was still busy, but not anywhere near as hectic as the main buffet on a sea day. It was also right under our cabin and three floor down, instead of five floors up and the other end of the ship. They have pretty much everything that the main buffet has for breakfast as well.

For the rest of the morning we just chilled- we did swing by the Jive dance class in the atrium, but once again it was packed to the point we couldn't even attempt to join in. For lunch we were tempted by the Indian buffet in Moderno, but the Manhattan room was open and we were lured there by the tomato soup.

I won't repost the menu as it's exactley the same as the other time we had lunch in there! I also won't repost the pictures of the tomato soup we both had for a starter, or my main as I had the same fish n chips again. F however went for something different, he had the burger:

23750010653_6752f522f3_z.jpg

It was a great burger- he said he would rank it within his top 10 burgers ever eaten! I also had a bite and it was super tasty and juicy, I was pretty jealous.

For dessert I decided that as it was the last day I had to have another white chocolate red velvet mousse! When it came it was in a glass and a bit different to the one I'd had before

24009022219_61cc938150_z.jpg

It was still good, just not quite as good as the other one. Sigh.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

After lunch we headed to the gallery to sort our photos out. We had given up looking at them on the screens by this point as our account was totally flooded with random pics of strangers that had been assigned to us. We really liked our embarkation photo so wanted that one, and there were also some really nice ones of us as a couple- and we never get those! F was also keen on having the Priscilla and Burn the Floor ones. 10 photos was $129.99 I think, but as it's much better value to have 20 photos at $169.99 we went for that, plus the USB at $19.99. The USB I think is essential to back them up, plus it's really cute:

24008795049_bcdd03ee43_z.jpg

I also bought a photo frame to put our embarkation photo in, which was $9.99 I think

24268356972_e325a2a858_z.jpg

I plan to scrapbook all our photos from the trip so was tempted by the Epic themed scrapbooking stickers- until I realised they were all out of date! They still have stickers saying 'Headliners club' and 'Legends in concert'. So no point in buying those!!

It was then time for the joyful task of packing the suitcases. I sent F off to the gym while I did it, as he would be more hinderance than help. Why does packing always take forever? I gave up when he came back from the gym, and we decided that we just had to go in the hot tubs before the end of the cruise. So we headed to H20 and because it was pretty cold out, the hot tubs were empty! We had a great time for an hour or so having one all to ourselves- until we needed to get out and we realised our fatal error in leaving our towels allllll the way across the other side of H20. That was a cold walk! I even heard a woman mutter 'Oh those two are so brave!' to her husband lol.

For dinner tonight we had booked Cirque dreams and dinner, at the earlier show time of 6.30pm. We had booked premium tickets, and turned up 45 mins early to only one or two people in the queue. The premium tickets entitle you to sit either upstairs in the gallery level, or on the downstairs tables. If you buy standard tickets you have to sit in the booths along the edge of the room, which are under the gallery and do not give a great view of the arial performances. Now I have seen other people say that if there is premium seating free they just let the standard ticket holders have it- this did not happen at our show. There was lots of free premium seating and they still made the standard ticket holders sit in the booths at the back. To be honest this is only fair, as when people have paid for an upgrade they shouldn't give it to others for free!

We sat upstairs right in the middle of the circle- they originally tried to make us sit downstairs, and then tried to sit us all the way in the corner, but we just maintained a 'we will sit where we want' line and they gave in. I kind of think you should be allowed to pick your own seat if you have paid premium- first come, first serve!! There are pros and cons to either sitting downstairs or up. Upstairs gives you a great view of everything, but you do feel like a removed spectator of the action. You also are all facing the stage area so you do not have to twist round to see. I also noticed we got served dinner a good 20 minutes before some of those on the ground. Sitting downstairs means you are in the thick of the action, with people swinging over your head or running around your seat. You may also be asked to participate in the show, or splattered with water, and you are likely to be sat side on to the stage area so you will have to constantley twist round in your seat to see. So decide what you would prefer and make your choice!

You aren't allowed to take pics, so the only one I have is of the stage area before the show started:

24081189040_fe6208a13d_z.jpg

You can see the tables which are premium seating, and then behind those the standard booth seating. The premium seating was not sold out, and I noticed on the interactive screens that it never seemed to be for any night, although the standard usually was. If I was you I'd pay for premium as those booths don't have the greatest view (we tried sitting in one to see after the show).

I've heard a lot about the food being terrible at this show, and it was actually fine. The starter was parma ham and some salad which was fine. Main was a steak and shrimp, and they obliged with my request to have my steak well done. It came with potato wedges which tasted like frozen ones, but overall it was actually nice. The dessert was a trio of mini desserts, one which was a very nice red velvet cake, one was an OK chocolate praline thing and the last was a creme caramel which I don't like and F didn't eat either.

The show itself was great- if you haven't seen it before you should defo catch it on your Epic cruise. The performers have some seriously mad skills. The audience interaction parts were also very funny- although maybe not so much for the unlucky ones who got chosen to join in!

Edited by SquishTheWhale

Squish I'm loving your review, quite sad it's coming to an end now to be honest :(

We are also first time cruisers doing the same cruise as you on 6th March! We are a couple in our late 30's and this is our first solo holiday without children :eek:

We are really looking forward to it now and getting quite excited with only 23 sleeps until we head to Barcelona now :D

A few questions for you if you don't mind? First of all the photos, I take it there are quite a number of photo opportunities? We rarely get photos just the two of us and had thought about pre paying for a package but we really weren't sure if there were enough opportunities to make it worthwhile?

Also we are booked on a few tours through our roll call for Morocco and Madeira. We plan on just having a wander round the beach at Gran Canaria if the weather good. But for Tenerife we didn't fancy much other than after seeing your day at Loro Parque. But hubby thinks it's way too on the expensive side to do something we would do with the kids on a normal holiday! 😂

Originally we thought go for a wander in Tenerife on our own and stay on the ship in Malaga. As I would like to have a day on the ship while in port to see if I can make use of discounted spa deals. But after reading your day in Malaga, I'm more drawn now to staying on at Tenerife and getting off at Malaga. Would you say that would be better? Having never been to either places I wasn't sure if getting off at Tenerife for a wander would be worth it?

There was definitely more I wanted to ask but I can't remember now! Lol

Thanks

Carreen

Squish I'm loving your review, quite sad it's coming to an end now to be honest :(

We are also first time cruisers doing the same cruise as you on 6th March! We are a couple in our late 30's and this is our first solo holiday without children :eek:

We are really looking forward to it now and getting quite excited with only 23 sleeps until we head to Barcelona now :D

A few questions for you if you don't mind? First of all the photos, I take it there are quite a number of photo opportunities? We rarely get photos just the two of us and had thought about pre paying for a package but we really weren't sure if there were enough opportunities to make it worthwhile?

Also we are booked on a few tours through our roll call for Morocco and Madeira. We plan on just having a wander round the beach at Gran Canaria if the weather good. But for Tenerife we didn't fancy much other than after seeing your day at Loro Parque. But hubby thinks it's way too on the expensive side to do something we would do with the kids on a normal holiday!

Originally we thought go for a wander in Tenerife on our own and stay on the ship in Malaga. As I would like to have a day on the ship while in port to see if I can make use of discounted spa deals. But after reading your day in Malaga, I'm more drawn now to staying on at Tenerife and getting off at Malaga. Would you say that would be better? Having never been to either places I wasn't sure if getting off at Tenerife for a wander would be worth it?

There was definitely more I wanted to ask but I can't remember now! Lol

Thanks

Carreen

Oh don't miss Malaga!! It's so wonderful. I can't vouch for the port area in Tenerife- if you're dead set on staying onboard on a port day you could always plan to spend a little time looking round the port area and then spend the afternoon on board. I loved Loro Parque but I see what you mean about somewhere you would take the kids- I guess it would depend on if you ever plan on being in Tenerife again? If not I would definitley go! I actually can't remember seeing discounted spa deals on the port days that much- the Spatopia ones they put in the dailies were actually for a sea day. I also still thought they were massivley overpriced- remember that you will pay 18% service charge on top of the advertised prices.

Regarding the photos- they often take a photo of you at dinner, and there's plenty of other photo ops if you seek them out. There is photo ops at each port when you disembark, after the shows and also photographers set up around decks 5,6 and 7 every night with back drops and props. Some of these are pretty cheesey- some are nice, like the photos against the chandelier. If you're after good photos of the two of (we were, as we never get any nice ones), then just seek these photographers out every night and spend 10 minutes posing. Don't be afraid to get this done lots as it will give you lots of photos to choose from, there's no obligation to buy and no pressure- you just go and view them the next night in your photo folder.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

Day 10 continued

After cirque we returned to the room to finish packing. It's a good job we had planned to do easy walk-off, as we had missed the deadline for putting out tagged luggage! After packing was finally completed we headed to Howl at the Moon for one last show. We loved Howl so much, it was one of the highlights of the cruise! At around 10pm we decided we were hungry and headed to the buffet for snacks. They do start to pack away the main buffet at 10, but they leave the side parts open with snacks. I wanted ice cream and had to grab it quick as they also shut this off at 10! Then it was finally time for bed before an early start the next morning.

Day 11- Disembarkation and Barcelona

It was an early start today as we had a tour to meet at 8.30am and we weren't sure how long it would take to disembark- some people said 10 minutes, some an hour! After a quick breakfast in the buffet we self disembarked around 7.50. If you are able to manage your own suitcases this is the easiest way to go- we got into an empty lift with our suitcases and walked straight off, no queues or anything. It took all of about 5 minutes. If you disembark later I guess it could be more crowded, but the stories I've heard about crammed lifts and having to carry suitcases down the stairs just weren't true in my case.

We hung around outside the port building (glaring enviously at those arriving to check in for the next cruise) until 8.30 when our driver from Barcelona Day Tours turned up. We booked this tour 6 months out under reccomendations from these forums, but until a few weeks before we weren't sure if it was going ahead as we were the only couple booked on, and they need a minimum of 4 to run it. Luckily another couple booked on last minute so it went ahead!

I would highly reccomend this tour for those of you with a later flight who want to see a little of Barcelona before you leave. Obviously it would be even better to spend a couple of extra days staying in Barcelona pre or post cruise, but we couldn't afford to do that on top of the cost of the cruise, so this was a good alternative. The first stop on the tour was the Cathedral which was fairly impressive. I actually thought that Sagrada Familia was the Cathedral, but it turns out it's only a church and there is a real Cathedral!

23749934363_45e7306c75_z.jpg

While we drove around the driver gave us a great commentary on Barcelona, the history and also lots of information on Gaudi (and the other two architects who's names escape me). Every now and then the driver would let us out for 10 minutes to explore a particular site or landmark. Eventually we made it to the Sagrada Familia. I'd seen the pictures before- but the in person sight is spectacular. I couldn't believe how huge it is! I'm not religious at all but it's still so impressive, and also amazing to see the different sides which have been built 100 years apart. Apparentley it will be finished in 10 years- I think everyone will believe that when they see it!

24376697325_9d8bda15b2_z.jpg

23748497224_56e9b8a8f9_z.jpg

We had around 45 minutes there, but I must admit we spent 15 of those in Starbucks as I was in desperate need of coffee and we needed a bathroom stop. Then we piled back into the van for the drive up to Park Guell.

Here we had around an hour and a half to explore, and we already had skip the line tickets which the tour had obtained for us. However there was no queue anyway- but I imagine in high season there is. The story behind Park Guell as a failed homes development is really interesting, and the site is beautiful, although smaller than I imagined. Still lots of fun to walk around though!

24081035370_3091daf80b_z.jpg

24294176161_06915302db_z.jpg

24268394962_7e97cf0df6_z.jpg

At this point my camera died so I'm really sorry to say no further pics! But after Park Guell he took us up to the Olympic site and also the Museum which has some spectacular views over Barcelona. It certainly whet our appetite to return and explore it all! Being in Europe it's easy enough for us to pop over and visit Barcelona- if you are coming from America or another long haul destination you would really want to book a night or two in along with the cruise so you can see the city.

Then it was time for the drop offs- we took the other couple to their city center hotel, and then he drove us out to the airport. We had a good few hours before our flight so we got some sandwiches and waited until we could check in. The check in lady gave us a good tip- once you have gone through security, don't go through passport control until it's time to go to your gate. Between these two points is an amazing area with loads of shops, restaurants and a lovely outdoors area! It certainly had the best shopping I've ever seen in an airport and I spent a very happy hour racing round the shops. There's also loads of places to eat and drink. But eventually it was time for our flight, and off home we went! On the way out we had a lovely view of the coast of Barcelona- and the Epic just setting sail on her next voyage! So we waved goodbye to her from the plane for the final time.

And... that's the end! Thank you so much to everyone for following along, I really appreciate all the nice comments. I'm very jealous of those of you who have your cruises on the Epic coming up shortly. I'll be back to write some final thoughts on all aspects of the cruise- but in the mean time, if you have any questions on anything at all then please fire away.

Edited by SquishTheWhale

Thank You! Loved your review and sad to see it end. I was excited to see your review of Barcelona Day Tours as we have this half day tour booked for the day before we board the Epic in April. Thank You again, I have made many notes from your report to help with our planning.

It was an early start today as we had a tour to meet at 8.30am and we weren't sure how long it would take to disembark- some people said 10 minutes, some an hour! After a quick breakfast in the buffet we self disembarked around 7.50. If you are able to manage your own suitcases this is the easiest way to go- we got into an empty lift with our suitcases and walked straight off, no queues or anything. It took all of about 5 minutes. If you disembark later I guess it could be more crowded, but the stories I've heard about crammed lifts and having to carry suitcases down the stairs just weren't true in my case.

Squish, do you recall around what time it was when they announced you could head off the ship if you were self-debarking? Just curious what my time range will be...

And... that's the end! Thank you so much to everyone for following along, I really appreciate all the nice comments.

I have to admit I've dreaded the day you'd type "the end" and it's come. So sad. I've enjoyed following along with your wonderful vacation and it's had me dreaming and thinking about what I'll be doing in each port. Thank you so much for the time and thought you put into such an informative and entertaining review.

I'm very jealous of those of you who have your cruises on the Epic coming up shortly.

So, now I'm going to be mean! :p My countdown to Barcelona is 18 days!! I'm spending five pre-cruise days in Barcelona and one post-cruise. I'm excited to explore the city!

Again, thanks so much for your review!!

Squish, do you recall around what time it was when they announced you could head off the ship if you were self-debarking? Just curious what my time range will be...

So, now I'm going to be mean! :p My countdown to Barcelona is 18 days!! I'm spending five pre-cruise days in Barcelona and one post-cruise. I'm excited to explore the city!

Again, thanks so much for your review!!

I believe the announcement was made at 7am for self disembarkation- I tried to remember and take a note as I thought it would be useful to someone!

Aww I'm jealous but you'll have a great time! I hope you write a review when you're back so I can compare our trips!

I believe the announcement was made at 7am for self disembarkation- I tried to remember and take a note as I thought it would be useful to someone!

Aww I'm jealous but you'll have a great time! I hope you write a review when you're back so I can compare our trips!

Thank you, that's helpful.

I haven't written reviews after my last few cruises, so maybe it's time to do another one. We'll see. :p

Day 10 continued

After cirque we returned to the room to finish packing. It's a good job we had planned to do easy walk-off, as we had missed the deadline for putting out tagged luggage! After packing was finally completed we headed to Howl at the Moon for one last show. We loved Howl so much, it was one of the highlights of the cruise! At around 10pm we decided we were hungry and headed to the buffet for snacks. They do start to pack away the main buffet at 10, but they leave the side parts open with snacks. I wanted ice cream and had to grab it quick as they also shut this off at 10! Then it was finally time for bed before an early start the next morning.

We hung around outside the port building (glaring enviously at those arriving to check in for the next cruise) until 8.30 when our driver from Barcelona Day Tours turned up. We booked this tour 6 months out under reccomendations from these forums, but until a few weeks before we weren't sure if it was going ahead as we were the only couple booked on, and they need a minimum of 4 to run it. Luckily another couple booked on last minute so it went ahead!

I would highly reccomend this tour for those of you with a later flight who want to see a little of Barcelona before you leave. Obviously it would be even better to spend a couple of extra days staying in Barcelona pre or post cruise, but we couldn't afford to do that on top of the cost of the cruise, so this was a good alternative. The first stop on the tour was the Cathedral which was fairly impressive. I actually thought that Sagrada Familia was the Cathedral, but it turns out it's only a church and there is a real Cathedral!

23749934363_45e7306c75_z.jpg

While we drove around the driver gave us a great commentary on Barcelona, the history and also lots of information on Gaudi (and the other two architects who's names escape me). Every now and then the driver would let us out for 10 minutes to explore a particular site or landmark. Eventually we made it to the Sagrada Familia. I'd seen the pictures before- but the in person sight is spectacular. I couldn't believe how huge it is! I'm not religious at all but it's still so impressive, and also amazing to see the different sides which have been built 100 years apart. Apparentley it will be finished in 10 years- I think everyone will believe that when they see it!

24376697325_9d8bda15b2_z.jpg

23748497224_56e9b8a8f9_z.jpg

We had around 45 minutes there, but I must admit we spent 15 of those in Starbucks as I was in desperate need of coffee and we needed a bathroom stop. Then we piled back into the van for the drive up to Park Guell.

Here we had around an hour and a half to explore, and we already had skip the line tickets which the tour had obtained for us. However there was no queue anyway- but I imagine in high season there is. The story behind Park Guell as a failed homes development is really interesting, and the site is beautiful, although smaller than I imagined. Still lots of fun to walk around though!

24081035370_3091daf80b_z.jpg

24294176161_06915302db_z.jpg

24268394962_7e97cf0df6_z.jpg

At this point my camera died so I'm really sorry to say no further pics! But after Park Guell he took us up to the Olympic site and also the Museum which has some spectacular views over Barcelona. It certainly whet our appetite to return and explore it all! Being in Europe it's easy enough for us to pop over and visit Barcelona- if you are coming from America or another long haul destination you would really want to book a night or two in along with the cruise so you can see the city.

Then it was time for the drop offs- we took the other couple to their city center hotel, and then he drove us out to the airport. We had a good few hours before our flight so we got some sandwiches and waited until we could check in. The check in lady gave us a good tip- once you have gone through security, don't go through passport control until it's time to go to your gate. Between these two points is an amazing area with loads of shops, restaurants and a lovely outdoors area! It certainly had the best shopping I've ever seen in an airport and I spent a very happy hour racing round the shops. There's also loads of places to eat and drink. But eventually it was time for our flight, and off home we went! On the way out we had a lovely view of the coast of Barcelona- and the Epic just setting sail on her next voyage! So we waved goodbye to her from the plane for the final time.

And... that's the end! Thank you so much to everyone for following along, I really appreciate all the nice comments. I'm very jealous of those of you who have your cruises on the Epic coming up shortly. I'll be back to write some final thoughts on all aspects of the cruise- but in the mean time, if you have any questions on anything at all then please fire away.

Oh The End...... What am I going to do now! Many Thanks for your brilliant and funny review , we go in 13 days and I've got all your notes recommendations written down.

Once again many Thanks

Kim

Thank you, that's helpful.

I haven't written reviews after my last few cruises, so maybe it's time to do another one. We'll see. :p

Hi

I was on the same cruise in December and it was disembarkation before. 7am. We left about 6.45am and there were lots before then. I am doing it all again on 6th March , can't come too soon.!!