November cruise thoughts

P&O SUE

I often wonder about taking a cruise in November but not sure what it would be like. I don't fly so it would have to be from Southampton. There are some really good prices in November but I know no-one can guarantee the weather but has anyone had experience of going on a Canary, Iberian or Med cruise in November? I imagine the ports of call are less crowded but was everything open?

We like warmth but are not really lie in the sun type of people so I'm not expecting that. I know the BoB can be really unpredicable but how have people found it?

Just wondered if anyone can share their thoughts on what a November non-fly cruise is like? I've been on a short break in November and that was fine.

I often wonder about taking a cruise in November but not sure what it would be like. I don't fly so it would have to be from Southampton. There are some really good prices in November but I know no-one can guarantee the weather but has anyone had experience of going on a Canary, Iberian or Med cruise in November? I imagine the ports of call are less crowded but was everything open?

We like warmth but are not really lie in the sun type of people so I'm not expecting that. I know the BoB can be really unpredicable but how have people found it?

Just wondered if anyone can share their thoughts on what a November non-fly cruise is like? I've been on a short break in November and that was fine.

Did Aurora 5-19.12.15. BOB bouncy going down, not so coming back

Was a western med cruise.

From what I remember the weather was just warmer and warmer all the way. Bright sunshine, not hot...but then I don't like hot.

I think I was in short sleeved tops all of the time. Only time places were not open was Sunday visits.

Thanks English Lady,very helpful. I know last year southern Spain was still very warm in early Dec! One of the ones I was looking at had Lisbon in it and I wouldn't think twice about going on a day trip to London in November! Also Malaga and I would hate to try the Alhambra in hot weather so it could be worth a thought!

Edited by P&O SUE

Have done Canary Islands in November on Adonia. Lovely trip - fine warm weather and still lots going on in ports. BoB was quite rough on return leg but would not put me off. Advantage of smaller ship - were able to get into lovely destinations - remember El Ferrol particularly fondly even with being fired at from old fortress as we left port!

We sailed to the canaries on 29th October one year we had a category one hurricane going down, missed our first port of call, Madeira. Then we had 24 degrees in gran canaria, 26 degrees in Tenerife and 28 degrees in lanzerote, we were out on deck every day all the way back to Vigo,still warm enough to go without a coat but overcast. Got a bit panicky thinking about crossing the bay of biscay but it was fine on the way back.

Have done Canary Islands in November on Adonia. Lovely trip - fine warm weather and still lots going on in ports. BoB was quite rough on return leg but would not put me off. Advantage of smaller ship - were able to get into lovely destinations - remember El Ferrol particularly fondly even with being fired at from old fortress as we left port!

Sounds intriguing!

We have cruised from Southampton in November for the last ten years. The reason is that November is a dark miserable month in the UK so we like to get away for some warm sunshine. The areas we have been to are Eastern Med, Canaries and round trip to the Caribbean. The first and last day from Southampton are usually not too good but after that we have had reasonable weather. The Bay of Biscay has varied from flat calm to rough but usually not too bad.

Brian

I've done two or three Med cruises in November and they were all lovely. Not too crowded in ports and pretty good weather - t-shirts. Usually just a day or so bumpiness coming or going, but that can happen at any time of year.

We were given a VIP send off - band on the quayside and locals in period costume firing with muskets from the fortress as we rounded the headland on our departure - not something you experience every day and a lasting fond memory!!

Hols4

Hi Sue,

Did back to back cruises last November and the weather was great,sunny every day first 14 days in

the med and even warmer next 12 days in the canaries.It was a bit rough in the BoB first time out but o.k.next 3. Had the same weather the November before to the canaries so you should be o.k.Enjoy.

We were given a VIP send off - band on the quayside and locals in period costume firing with muskets from the fortress as we rounded the headland on our departure - not something you experience every day and a lasting fond memory!!

Brilliant!

Hols4

Hi Sue,

Did back to back cruises last November and the weather was great,sunny every day first 14 days in

the med and even warmer next 12 days in the canaries.It was a bit rough in the BoB first time out but o.k.next 3. Had the same weather the November before to the canaries so you should be o.k.Enjoy.

Thank you Hols, everyone seems to have positive things to say!

I've cruised a few times in November and would support all that others say. The Canaries are nice and warm and so is anywhere in Southern Europe really; shorts and t shirts the order of the day.

BOB can actually be rougher in summer; I've had one bumpy November crossing and several calm ones.

And the temperature inside the ship is adjusted so you feel comfortable in your evening wear whatever the outside evening temperature.

The only downside is it still gets dark early, though not quite so early as in the UK. Some Sailaways therefore take place indoors which is too crowded. But it beats being in the UK by a long way!