Long Beach Walmart- Heads up!

kenish

FYI, Walmart has announced that the store in downtown Long Beach (5th and LB Blvd) is one of 269 nationwide that will close. Since it's recommended on this board for pre-cruise supplies, be sure you have a Plan B. It will close on Jan 28 which probably means they are not re-stocking and transferring inventory to nearby stores.

FYI, Walmart has announced that the store in downtown Long Beach (5th and LB Blvd) is one of 269 nationwide that will close. Since it's recommended on this board for pre-cruise supplies, be sure you have a Plan B. It will close on Jan 28 which probably means they are not re-stocking and transferring inventory to nearby stores.

Had planned on a visit there in September. Where would the next closest Walmart be?

Had planned on a visit there in September. Where would the next closest Walmart be?

There are 2. The 1 located at 2770 Carson St in Lakewood is about 4.5 miles north from the one on 5th street. The next one at 3705 E. South Street in Long Beach is about 6 miles north.

Around the one on 5th Street, is CVS, and Walgreen's which are pharmacies/convenience stores.

What is so special about that Walmart that you cannot find in any other store in Long Beach or LA??

I don't get it?

The location was extremely convenient. Easy for those without a car and staying at a hotel along the free Passport bus route.

Both CVS and Walgreens sell wine etc.

Edited by SadieN

What is so special about that Walmart that you cannot find in any other store in Long Beach or LA?? I don't get it?

Well, it was convenient. We walked there from our hotel(s) each time we stayed in Long Beach. But I mean, there are other stores, it's not a big deal. Just a bummer. :p

There is also a Vons Supermarket at Broadway and Atlantic...about three short blocks east, then two short block north of the Westin...five blocks east, two north of the Renaissance...

Also El Super--a Latino Supermarket--at 4th and Long Beach...a block east of the Walmart...

But, for a Walmart, Target or similar store, you would now need a cab...used to be able to walk or take the free shuttle to the Walmart.

What is it that you need?

Next to Walmart are Walgreens, CVS and a Rite-Aid, although one of those will probably close when the Walgreens-Rite-Aid merger is completed.

https://goo.gl/maps/MrgWPLP77d62

If you don't have a Plan B pill, they are available at most drugstores.

As I have lived in Long Beach for the first 18 years of my life. Instead of going to one of the other Walmart's or Target that are nearby. I would take a short taxi ride over to 2nd street if you have a bit of time. CVS and Rite Aid in the area as well as many shops and very good restaurants and bars. Even a few coffee houses for you. I always end up there when I go and see some old H.S. friends.