JADE Oct 2016 Drydock ...

bluesea777

... is it still on?

Jade is supposed to go into drydock Oct 8 to 23, 2016 for refurbishments but just now I was on NCL.COM to check on pricing, I saw they have added 2 new itineraries for Jade: Oct 8-16, 8 day and Oct 16-23, 7 Day cruises out of Venice.

I'd be disappointed if the drydck has been scrapped as I was looking forward to sailing on a "new" ship for the TA in Oct 2016.

Anyone?

Those weeks for the dry-dock were cleared from the Jade in the huge mess-up when the Far East cruise changes were announced last year. We had our 8 Oct cruise cancelled and had all of the hassle and worry with everyone else and had to change all of our plans to bring it forward a weeek and miss out the one port stop that had been wanted to visit in Kotor, Montenegro. We had also been looking forward to visitng Malta and had to repeat the stops we had already done in the Greek Islands last year. I never did get a reply to my email to the NCL Director of Disorganisation in Miami asking her to do what she said she would in the letter she sent out telling us of the changes.

We will certainly not be happy bunnies if all of that effort contantly ringing to get the changes sorted out when the rest of the NCL customer base seemed to be having to do the same was for nothing if they have now changed back again. What a crazy way to run a cruise company - upset your customers by cancelling their booking and then bring it back again nearer the date!! Maybe it is just another IT snafu? Who knows these days?

EDIT - Just managed to jump to the ncl.com web site and those cruises are not on there tonight????? Odd.

Edited by old nutter
update

EDIT - Just managed to jump to the ncl.com web site and those cruises are not on there tonight????? Odd.

The 2 "new" itineraries do not have header showing but if you click on the "View all dates and pricing" the dates show up.

What date is the TA? In addition to the two new cruises you mention I also see a 7 night med starting on October 23rd. I thought the ta was scheduled for the 23rd.

We're currently booked for two weeks on the Jade September 24-October 8th and we were also caught up in the mass reworked scheduling/ cancellations a while back.

Jade was scheduled for a dry dock starting on October 8th, immediately following our cruise.

Ta for both epic and jade are scheduled for 10/30/16.

Edited by littlelulu01

I think the Jade is due for a dry dock and will need the mandatory one around that time frame even if they decided to scrap the major refurb that Gem received. Some sailing will be cancelled as a result. I'm just crossing fingers it's not mine again. Perhaps they are rescheduling after the ta.

I think the Jade is due for a dry dock and will need the mandatory one around that time frame even if they decided to scrap the major refurb that Gem received. Some sailing will be cancelled as a result. I'm just crossing fingers it's not mine again. Perhaps they are rescheduling after the ta.

Oh boy don't say that. We are first sailing out of Tampa in November. I remember how much anguish we both went through at the big repositioning mess.i really don't want to see that happen to anyone again.

The 2 "new" itineraries do not have header showing but if you click on the "View all dates and pricing" the dates show up.

Sorry to be a nuisance on this one, but I have been on ncl.com on three different browsers, tried going through the searches from several different directions, expanded the dates and prices on them all and still do not see the "extra" cruises on Jade. There is still a gap in dates after 8 Oct and up to when she departs Venice to head for Barcelona on 23 Oct ready for the TA on 30 Oct.

There must be something weird going on here.:confused:

Are these new "ones" still showing when anyone else tries?

... is it still on?

Jade is supposed to go into drydock Oct 8 to 23, 2016 for refurbishments but just now I was on NCL.COM to check on pricing, I saw they have added 2 new itineraries for Jade: Oct 8-16, 8 day and Oct 16-23, 7 Day cruises out of Venice.

I'd be disappointed if the drydck has been scrapped as I was looking forward to sailing on a "new" ship for the TA in Oct 2016.

Anyone?

I am seeing these being added now too. The picture says image coming soon. So I guess they are scrapping refurbishment or with my luck they will push it back and scrap my cruise (again).

I am seeing these being added now too. The picture says image coming soon. So I guess they are scrapping refurbishment or with my luck they will push it back and scrap my cruise (again).

Lets hope not. I know there was an article a while back about how NCL planned to refurb their fleet. Not sure if that's still in the making or not. Regarding just the dry dock, they don't necessarily need to refurb the ship during a dry dock. I think dry docks are required every so many years, perhaps 5? and often those don't really entail any major refurb. So in theory the Jade would not need a refurb. She could just be getting a required dry dock. I think people just assume she was going to get the treatment that the Gem received given the recent statement from NCL.

Obviously things have changed again regarding the Jade. After the last crazy roller coaster with redeployment, dry docks and mass reworking of the schedules in August..., I made sure and rebooked for a date where there were alternative options in case Ncl decided to change it up again. $50/$100 obc doesn't really cut it if they cancel at the last minute or at any time now forward now that my airfare is purchased and time off work is set.

I know it's still a long ways out but I hope your cruise goes as scheduled and that NCL has just decided to hold off on the dry dock for a future date outside of a current booking window.

One of the new dates has now appeared on the ncl.eu site (dep Venice 16 Oct) so the information is creeping out in true NCL fashion.

Presumably NCL has fallen out with the Northern Italian yard that was going to work on the ship. Apart from the mandatory checks, I guess the main update was going to be the move of Moderno into where the Star Bar is now. If the dry dock is now going to be done Stateside, it could presumably be limited to the mandatory checks if that change has not been cost-effective on the other Jewel ships.

Whatever the reason, I doubt we will ever know but it looks like all of the upset relating to the Jade last year was not worthwhile for those of us affected and the information on the effects of the unnecessary damage it did to NCL customer goodwill will not be passed on to the shareholders - bad news rarely sees the light that way because board mistakes don't make for increases in share prices! I wonder if the VP Disorganisation will have learned anything from the episode last year?

Well with the news release on CC this morning it looks like we have our answer

. "The refurbishment program, which will stretch into 2017, will also include Pride of America and Norwegian Sun (spring 2016), Norwegian Dawn (summer 2016), Norwegian Spirit, Norwegian Sky and Norwegian Pearl (winter 2017) and Norwegian Jade (spring 2017)."

I booked my Jade November cruise so I could experience the refurbished ship. Having seen what was done to the Gem I was even more excited....now this?

Its strange that when Mr De lRio announced the fleet refurbishment it was the Pearl that was not going to be included in the 2016-2017 line up....but scheduled for 2018. Now the Pearl is being refurbished before the Jade.......

I wonder if this is going to change yet again??????? Its not a game changer, but it seems NCL always makes changes after I book something:(

Thanks!

Curious if and how the Jade will be the best and most fresh oldest ship in the fleet in 2017! :D

edit; thinking of stretching her, extra deck.. ;)

Lol!

It's a bummer for sure, I too was looking forward to a refurbished ship for our Nov cruise.

"After a summer in Europe and a scheduled dry dock in October 2016, Norwegian Jade heads to the Tampa for the late 2016 and early 2017 season."

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6478

That is old news now. Latest news are here http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=6767

A real bummer for us as we were looking forward to a new ship for the TA in Oct 2016. :(:(

I booked my Jade November cruise so I could experience the refurbished ship. Having seen what was done to the Gem I was even more excited....now this?

Its strange that when Mr De lRio announced the fleet refurbishment it was the Pearl that was not going to be included in the 2016-2017 line up....but scheduled for 2018. Now the Pearl is being refurbished before the Jade.......

I wonder if this is going to change yet again??????? Its not a game changer, but it seems NCL always makes changes after I book something:(

:(:(:(:(:(

We also were looking forward to the Oct 30 TA on a refurbished Jade. Just got off the Jewel to the Mexican Riviera, and more NCL changes- not in our favor.

This was the first cruise where specialty restaurants were ala carte, not all inclusive cover charges. No one could agree on what was included, how much, etc. We were to have the UDP, but found out that was changed to 4 nights.

Wonder what other changes they will have by Oct?

OK, So there is no "dry-dock/refurbishment" for 2016...There is a scheduled something for sometime in 2017, seems like a very long time in between if you ask me...Was disappointed to find out that the next time we cruise on the JADE which will be in Jan of 2017 the ship will not have been "refurbished or updated"...

Oh well...

Rob