Couldn't help myself.....Bar Hop!!

mrsfuzzmo

How long at each bar? This sounds like an awesome time and awesome way to check out other side of island but would love to swim...can u even swim?

Well, we had an even better time this time around!! Didn't know it was possible, but we had a total of 8 friends with us this time (it was only the two of us last time) so that made it even more fun. Gosh we had a blast!!

You can swim at a couple of stops if the water isn't too rough. You can wade for sure, dip in and the like. We didn't even get near the water, as we just all hit the bar and a delightfully shaded table to sit, sip and laugh.

We had about 50 minutes at the first 3 bars, and the last bar we stayed a bit longer. Our group was good about re-loading the van at each stop, and we never had to wait on anyone in the group, so we got a little longer at the last stop.....which is my favorite.

At Rasta Bar, we all.....yes all 8 of us...had shoulder/neck massages by the gals right in the bar. $1 per minute. I started at 5 minutes but stayed for an extra 5. I could have stayed for 20 more it was so lovely, but others wanted in on the action.

There were two vans that went on our day. Each with 16 passengers I think. The first van (not ours) headed back to the docks before us, as they had a few couples who had earlier ship departure times. We got to stay a little longer (woooohooo) because our ship didn't leave until 5:00 pm.

Well, we had an even better time this time around!! Didn't know it was possible, but we had a total of 8 friends with us this time (it was only the two of us last time) so that made it even more fun. Gosh we had a blast!!

You can swim at a couple of stops if the water isn't too rough. You can wade for sure, dip in and the like. We didn't even get near the water, as we just all hit the bar and a delightfully shaded table to sit, sip and laugh.

We had about 50 minutes at the first 3 bars, and the last bar we stayed a bit longer. Our group was good about re-loading the van at each stop, and we never had to wait on anyone in the group, so we got a little longer at the last stop.....which is my favorite.

At Rasta Bar, we all.....yes all 8 of us...had shoulder/neck massages by the gals right in the bar. $1 per minute. I started at 5 minutes but stayed for an extra 5. I could have stayed for 20 more it was so lovely, but others wanted in on the action.

There were two vans that went on our day. Each with 16 passengers I think. The first van (not ours) headed back to the docks before us, as they had a few couples who had earlier ship departure times. We got to stay a little longer (woooohooo) because our ship didn't leave until 5:00 pm.

Thanks for the help! U have any pics ? Reason I ask and am looking at this tour is because it explores the east side if the island.

Thanks for the help! U have any pics ? Reason I ask and am looking at this tour is because it explores the east side if the island.

Zydecocruiser has an excellent pictorial review of the bar hop. It is from a while back but will give you a good idea of the stops. Just try a Google search and it should come up.

I have lots of GoPro video, but have not loaded it yet. I think I can pull some photos off that as well. I'll try this weekend.

A word of caution: If you want to remember the 4th stop, do not get the large margarita at the 3rd stop.:eek:

Awwww, so that's why I didn't see the 4th stop! All this time I thought Maria skipped right over it because I was at the 3rd stop and then I was at the port...hmmmmm.... That large Margarita is a time stealing mutha! :D

The Bar Hop sounds like a lot of fun, but I can't help but wondering. We have 7 people in our party. Wouldn't we be better off hiring a van for $100 or so rather than paying about $ 400 for all of us to go on the bar hop bus?

I know we would miss out on some fun, but $300 worth of fun, I don't know.

The Bar Hop sounds like a lot of fun, but I can't help but wondering. We have 7 people in our party. Wouldn't we be better off hiring a van for $100 or so rather than paying about $ 400 for all of us to go on the bar hop bus?

I know we would miss out on some fun, but $300 worth of fun, I don't know.

I mean if you have a for sure designated driver, I would do that.

But I wouldn't risk it if the driver wants to do some drinking. A beer at each stop is one thing, liquor or several beers . . . Pay the extra for piece of mind.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

I mean if you have a for sure designated driver, I would do that.

But I wouldn't risk it if the driver wants to do some drinking. A beer at each stop is one thing, liquor or several beers . . . Pay the extra for piece of mind.

Sorry for the confusion. I meant hiring a driver who has a van.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Sorry for the confusion. I meant hiring a driver who has a van.

We had 8 of us on the Hop that were together and part of the fun was Colleen, our hostess. She gave us all kinds of information and tid bits about the island, how she came to be there, etc. She also gave us recommendations as to what to eat and drink at each place. It was just a really fun experience.

They play music on the bus/van and I know that if we would have gone ourselves, we probably would not have gotten to all four bars. They keep you on a schedule, so we were certain to reach all four, which are each very different from one another. We may have bypassed a couple from the looks of them, but they ended up being wonderful. They have the inside track, that's for sure.

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone tried the bar hop tour from this website?

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net/cozumel-bar-hop-tour.html

Bumping this in hopes that someone can report back on this Bar Hop tour also. Do they hit the same 4 bars? It sounds like with the private beach club and stop at El Mirador that they may only go to Coconuts and Punta Morena and not Rasta's or Playa Bonita. Wondering if the bar time is less. The added bonus of a beach club, cooler of beer, and included lunch sounds good! We will be in Cozumel on June 20th. Hoping to hear some feedback.

Bumping this in hopes that someone can report back on this Bar Hop tour also. Do they hit the same 4 bars? It sounds like with the private beach club and stop at El Mirador that they may only go to Coconuts and Punta Morena and not Rasta's or Playa Bonita. Wondering if the bar time is less. The added bonus of a beach club, cooler of beer, and included lunch sounds good! We will be in Cozumel on June 20th. Hoping to hear some feedback.

We are going on a "private" tour (our group of 16) on the 6th for my birthday, I can report back then if anyone hasn't answered you, and I can give an update if nothing else (in case anything has changed) :o

I haven't done this particular tour but I have done the Bar Hop and been round the island many times. I find the description of this alternative tour very confusing:

I think I have read previously that the first beach club used by this company is Playa Uvas. Then it talks about going to El Mirador and Coconut Hut which are on the east coast and the next place is Coconuts but it goes on to describe Punta Sur (which going round the island you would have already passed). If it goes into the park, the bar at the end would be Papitos but I am not aware of a pool there. Finally it ends up at Punta Morena which does indeed have a small pool. This tour would appear to visit Punta Morena and Coconuts like the main Bar Hop but maybe a couple of other bars instead of Rastas and Playa Bonita. If it goes to Papitos and includes snorkeling at Playa Uvas I would be very concerned about timing. It also appears to include lunch. Pricewise it seems to offer a lot for the money but I would have some serious questions before I would be willing to commit. It appears to go round the island in the opposite direction to the Bar Hop.

Hopefully someone who has actually done the tour would be able to comment, or I think some clarification from the tour operator would be in order.

After reading your great reviews I've booked with Cozumel Bar Hop for this November. When booking online I needed to fill in t-shirt sizes to allow me to continue. Are these included with the price of the tour?

Sue

Yes, you all get a T shirt with the price of the Coz Bar Hop tour. They are nice too!

There appears to be 2 different bar hops.

CozumelCruiseExcursions.net......$55.00, they will pick up at the pier, beverages on bus, lunch included

cozumelbarhop.com......$59.00, have to get taxi to bus

Anyone have opinion as to which one is better? Now I am confused!!!

There appears to be 2 different bar hops.

CozumelCruiseExcursions.net......$55.00, they will pick up at the pier, beverages on bus, lunch included

cozumelbarhop.com......$59.00, have to get taxi to bus

Anyone have opinion as to which one is better? Now I am confused!!!

These have been discussed in this thread. I gave never seen any reviews on CC for the first one.

We decided to go ahead and do the Cozumel Bar Hop next month. Based on the good reviews here and the lack of reviews for the other one. Plus my wife liked that it had an 18 and over age limit. There will be plenty of kids running around the ship, so it will be nice to get away and have some adult only time.

These have been discussed in this thread. I gave never seen any reviews on CC for the first one.

I have never seen any reviews on the first one but the plus is they pick you up at the pier. I will probably have a group of about 30. Hard to get them all cabs to the bus for the second one....

I have never seen any reviews on the first one but the plus is they pick you up at the pier. I will probably have a group of about 30. Hard to get them all cabs to the bus for the second one....

For a party that size I can understand the convenience of a pier pick up. Which pier are you docking at? The reason that tours in Cozumel don't pick up at the pier is to do with taxi Union regulations - the tour must be pre-approved for pick up.

I would imagine with a group that size, Tom (with the Cozumel Bar Hop) would run a private charter so I don't know if he could/would arrange a pier, or close-by pick up - it may be worth contacting to find out.

The other company would be governed by the same regulations regarding pick-up so I am guessing the actual pick-up is outside the port, close by. I would also ask if they have a suitable sized vehicle or what their transport arrangements are. My other concerns with this tour, listed above, remain. You would have to do a more in depth search on this forum to find out which, but there have been communication problems in the past with either ----- .com or .net. Very confusing having companies with very similar names but again with a group that size you want to make sure your plans work out.

Edited by c-leg5

If you are docking at Punta Langosta you can walk to the meeting point.

From the other two piers, if you determine your own meeting point in advance and walk to the taxi dispatch as a group you will be in line together and will have no problem getting 3-4.taxi vans. There are dozens of taxi vans on Cozumel.

For the return you will be dropped off at your relevant pier.

I would imagine with a group that size, Tom (with the Cozumel Bar Hop) would run a private charter so I don't know if he could/would arrange a pier, or close-by pick up - it may be worth contacting to find out.

We had a large group (busload) from our Brilliance of the Seas roll call do the CBH in November 2013, and Tom had us meet up across the street from the International Pier and we boarded the bus there. We may have picked up a few other hoppers downtown before heading to the East Side.

We had a large group (busload) from our Brilliance of the Seas roll call do the CBH in November 2013, and Tom had us meet up across the street from the International Pier and we boarded the bus there. We may have picked up a few other hoppers downtown before heading to the East Side.

Good to know - I thought he might!