Couldn't help myself.....Bar Hop!!

mrsfuzzmo

Ok so I contacted Cozumel bar hop back in February about an excursion July 30th. I received a response fairly quickly asking how many. I replied "6". And then I never heard from them again. I tried to follow up and still no response. I thought maybe they went out of business. :(

Ok so I contacted Cozumel bar hop back in February about an excursion July 30th. I received a response fairly quickly asking how many. I replied "6". And then I never heard from them again. I tried to follow up and still no response. I thought maybe they went out of business. :(

We booked a tour a few months back for next Monday with Tom. We were told to go and register on the website and pay the deposit for all of the party members and give the t-shirt sizes etc. For the last few days atleast, their website has been down and you have to e-mail them as they work to fix their issues with the server. If you check their Facebook page that is where I figured this out, the e-mail address is info @ their web address.

Hopefully this helps. Tom (the owner) is usually pretty responsive and got back to me within a day or 2.

-Jenn

We booked a tour a few months back for next Monday with Tom. We were told to go and register on the website and pay the deposit for all of the party members and give the t-shirt sizes etc. For the last few days atleast, their website has been down and you have to e-mail them as they work to fix their issues with the server. If you check their Facebook page that is where I figured this out, the e-mail address is info @ their web address.

Hopefully this helps. Tom (the owner) is usually pretty responsive and got back to me within a day or 2.

-Jenn

I see now that they have a new website and the address is .org (rather than .com). You should be able to find/contact them now on the new site.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone tried the bar hop tour from this website?

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net/cozumel-bar-hop-tour.html

I was wondering the same thing. I know cozumelbarhop.com is the popular one but i found the same one quoted above and it seems like its a few dollars cheaper and includes a lunch and beer on the bus. Also are there any other Bar Hop companies to consider?

I see now that they have a new website and the address is .org (rather than .com). You should be able to find/contact them now on the new site.

Are you sure that is "new" and not "old"?

Price is $49 and the promo is 2 for 1 June 2012! Sounds like a good deal!

Cozumelbarhop.com is the tour you want to book. Great owners and tour guides. I have done this excursion numerous times. Simple to get to the tour, great instructions and you can leave the driving to someone else!

Are you sure that is "new" and not "old"?

Price is $49 and the promo is 2 for 1 June 2012! Sounds like a good deal!

Yeah, now it's back to .com. Looks like they redid their website and maybe had that one as a temp.

Cozumelbarhop.com for anyone interested.

:)

A word of caution: If you want to remember the 4th stop, do not get the large margarita at the 3rd stop.:eek:

LOL! Those margaritas are huge and powerful. After that it was water for me.

Everyone starts out just a little friendly. At the end one big family. Have been on the Bar Hop many times. Great fun!

• 1 month later...

So I had emailed cozumelbarhop.com about a month prior to our cruise to Coz asking if they had at least 6 people yet since it was just me and my wife, at the time they said they didn't have any bookings yet but to check back in a few weeks. I emailed again about a week and a half prior to our cruise asking again but never got a reply back.

So we ended up booking with http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net/cozumel-bar-hop-tour.html

We were on Carnival Paradise so we docked at Puerta Maya and the meeting spot was right in front of the Hard Rock Cafe which was about a 5 min walk from the pier.

A man named JC met us and walked us to our van and introduced us to our driver Gizmo. It was me, my wife and another family of 4 people. The route was a little different than what was posted on the website but he went over the planned route with everyone and asked if it was ok with everyone and away we went. There was a cooler full of bottled waters and canned beers available the whole time.

1st stop was a small Tequila Factory where we did a tour and a tasting.

2nd stop was Punta Morena on the east side of the island, absolutely beautiful resort with stunning views on the beach. Just a heads up, the little shops close to the parking lot/main bar are VERY touristy/pushy. Gizmo asked the group how long we wanted to stay here and everyone agreed 45-60min. We swam for a bit and then relaxed in the hammocks soaking in the view until it was time to leave.

3rd stop was a small shack of a bar called Welcome To Miami, also on the east side. Gizmo claimed this place has the best drinks in the world. Skeptical, I asked him what his favorite drink was there and he said the mango dacqueri so I ordered one. I will admit, I was surprised as that was probably one of the tastiest drinks I've ever had. We laid in the hammocks here and enjoyed our drinks.

Last stop I don't even remember the name of the place but it was back on the west side of the island as the water was just not as nice as the other stops we had been. We got to sit down and eat here. You could choose between chicken fajitas and grouper fajitas. I got the grouper fajitas and they were excellent. Gizmo also came and poured everyone numerous shots of "Mexican Gatorade" which was some kind of very strong neon blue liquor concoction.

At the end of the day Gizmo dropped us off right by Puerta Maya, even closer than where we met him at the beginning. All in all we had a great time exploring the island. Gizmo was an amazing guide, so full of personality and kept us laughing. He said he was born and raised there so he was able to tell us all sorts of stories and answer any questions we had about the island. I would absolutely recommend this tour. If there is a particular place/bar/beach you want to see, just ask at the beginning and I'm sure they'll make every effort to accommodate. For us, for the price, we found value in the fact we didn't have to take a taxi to downtown and the fact we also got a free lunch included.

So I had emailed cozumelbarhop.com about a month prior to our cruise to Coz asking if they had at least 6 people yet since it was just me and my wife, at the time they said they didn't have any bookings yet but to check back in a few weeks. I emailed again about a week and a half prior to our cruise asking again but never got a reply back.

So we ended up booking with http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net/cozumel-bar-hop-tour.html

We were on Carnival Paradise so we docked at Puerta Maya and the meeting spot was right in front of the Hard Rock Cafe which was about a 5 min walk from the pier.

A man named JC met us and walked us to our van and introduced us to our driver Gizmo. It was me, my wife and another family of 4 people. The route was a little different than what was posted on the website but he went over the planned route with everyone and asked if it was ok with everyone and away we went. There was a cooler full of bottled waters and canned beers available the whole time.

1st stop was a small Tequila Factory where we did a tour and a tasting.

2nd stop was Punta Morena on the east side of the island, absolutely beautiful resort with stunning views on the beach. Just a heads up, the little shops close to the parking lot/main bar are VERY touristy/pushy. Gizmo asked the group how long we wanted to stay here and everyone agreed 45-60min. We swam for a bit and then relaxed in the hammocks soaking in the view until it was time to leave.

3rd stop was a small shack of a bar called Welcome To Miami, also on the east side. Gizmo claimed this place has the best drinks in the world. Skeptical, I asked him what his favorite drink was there and he said the mango dacqueri so I ordered one. I will admit, I was surprised as that was probably one of the tastiest drinks I've ever had. We laid in the hammocks here and enjoyed our drinks.

Last stop I don't even remember the name of the place but it was back on the west side of the island as the water was just not as nice as the other stops we had been. We got to sit down and eat here. You could choose between chicken fajitas and grouper fajitas. I got the grouper fajitas and they were excellent. Gizmo also came and poured everyone numerous shots of "Mexican Gatorade" which was some kind of very strong neon blue liquor concoction.

At the end of the day Gizmo dropped us off right by Puerta Maya, even closer than where we met him at the beginning. All in all we had a great time exploring the island. Gizmo was an amazing guide, so full of personality and kept us laughing. He said he was born and raised there so he was able to tell us all sorts of stories and answer any questions we had about the island. I would absolutely recommend this tour. If there is a particular place/bar/beach you want to see, just ask at the beginning and I'm sure they'll make every effort to accommodate. For us, for the price, we found value in the fact we didn't have to take a taxi to downtown and the fact we also got a free lunch included.

Good to see a review at last for this bar hop and glad it worked out for you. Seems to be good value and I can understand the cost saving benefit.

However it seems like there were several changes from the advertised list, including going the other way round the island? The first stop was supposed to include snorkeling and I have always thought it was Playa Uvas, although it isn't identified. The second stop says El Mirador, (not sure if that is where the welcome to Miami sign is?), I have never noticed that but I do know there is a shack with coconut drinks around there. The third stop says Coconuts, which it doesn't sound like you visited at all? The last stop would have been Morena, where lunch would gave been included. I wonder where you actually had lunch, since the water is generally better for swimming on the west side?

I can understand that if you have never been round the island it doesn't really matter where you stop. However, if I personally had booked it, being familiar with, and expecting to visit, certain locations, I wouldn't have been too pleased with that many changes. Did they give a reason why they had changed it and did it seem to be a permanent change?

Edited by c-leg5

I just read on another thread that you don't have to just drink alcohol on this tour, that you can as well order non alcoholic beverages. But wondering if you can order food as well? If so has anyone done it and how was it?

We are possibly just looking at this as a way to tour the other side of Cozumel.

TIA

I've done the "original" Cozumel Bar Hop several times, and yes, you can order additional drinks and food at any (or all) of the stops... (At your own expense, of course.)

I just read on another thread that you don't have to just drink alcohol on this tour, that you can as well order non alcoholic beverages. But wondering if you can order food as well? If so has anyone done it and how was it?

We are possibly just looking at this as a way to tour the other side of Cozumel.

TIA

TIA

The Cozumel Bar Hop website is quite comprehensive describing the route, descriptions of the included shots (not necessarily "downed-in-one" shots - most are more like small samples of mixed drinks) and be sure to read FAQ section.

You are free to purchase any extra drinks and food that you wish (cash only) but be sure to order food on arrival as you only have about 40 mins at each stop.

If you put "hop" in the search engine for this forum you will find numerous descriptions and reviews of the Hop.

• 2 weeks later...
We had 8 of us on the Hop that were together and part of the fun was Colleen, our hostess. She gave us all kinds of information and tid bits about the island, how she came to be there, etc. She also gave us recommendations as to what to eat and drink at each place. It was just a really fun experience.

They play music on the bus/van and I know that if we would have gone ourselves, we probably would not have gotten to all four bars. They keep you on a schedule, so we were certain to reach all four, which are each very different from one another. We may have bypassed a couple from the looks of them, but they ended up being wonderful. They have the inside track, that's for sure.

The Bar Hop is a blast. I've been 3 times. I'll be in Coz 2 weeks in a row on the Splendor in December and may do it both times but at least once. Colleen is an awesome hostess, but the biggest draw for me is the beauty of the East side and the fun you have with your fellow hoppers.

If anyone goes, tell Tom (the owner) that his long lost cousin from Indiana, Eric, says hi (as far as I know we're not really related but we do share a last name so who knows).IMG_1471287596.227300.jpg.6e70ec2692d02e46f764aab399ba0b53.jpg

IMG_1471287502.217415.jpg.c41cf154666eadc43fe49f7a361040a1.jpg

IMG_1471287554.974966.jpg.9a731bb19433da5cb277d0cc96128083.jpg

• 9 months later...

We just got back, and had the opportunity to do the Bar hop tour with http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net and had a great time.

We decided to do the bar hop in Cozumel with them because they included so much more and it cost less. We have a cooler of beer and water in the van. We even had the option to snorkel at the first location before getting our drink on. We decided to do this and glad we did because it was lots of fun. Our guide Gizmo, was loads of fun and very entertaining.

They also include lunch at a nice beach club on the East Coast of Cozumel, which they call the other side of Cozumel. We had a choice of steak or chicken fajitas, and I think they had one or two more options like shrimp or fish. The stops were lots of fun, and included the free drinks. They even gave us seconds and thirds.

We did their private jeep tour the year before, which is very similar, and includes more stops. We even had an automatic jeep with AC, which we didn't expect. Our guide was Israel, and recommend him if you are looking at doing their private tour. The tours are kind of the same because it also includes a cooler of beer in the jeep, and Israel drove us because we wanted to relax and sip on some beers. I guess the only difference is that their private tour you get to customize and change their itinerary if you want. Also it includes entrance into Punta Sur Park, which was one our favorite stops. But the private cozumel jeep tour is a little more expensive, and believe it cost $69 per person, but was still cheaper than the other jeep tours.

So yea the bar hop tour with cozumelcruiseexcursions.net was lots of fun, and highly recommend it. But would also recommend taking a look at their custom private cozumel jeep tour too.

We just got back, and had the opportunity to do the Bar hop tour with http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.net and had a great time.

We decided to do the bar hop in Cozumel with them because they included so much more and it cost less. We have a cooler of beer and water in the van. We even had the option to snorkel at the first location before getting our drink on. We decided to do this and glad we did because it was lots of fun. Our guide Gizmo, was loads of fun and very entertaining.

They also include lunch at a nice beach club on the East Coast of Cozumel, which they call the other side of Cozumel. We had a choice of steak or chicken fajitas, and I think they had one or two more options like shrimp or fish. The stops were lots of fun, and included the free drinks. They even gave us seconds and thirds.

We did their private jeep tour the year before, which is very similar, and includes more stops. We even had an automatic jeep with AC, which we didn't expect. Our guide was Israel, and recommend him if you are looking at doing their private tour. The tours are kind of the same because it also includes a cooler of beer in the jeep, and Israel drove us because we wanted to relax and sip on some beers. I guess the only difference is that their private tour you get to customize and change their itinerary if you want. Also it includes entrance into Punta Sur Park, which was one our favorite stops. But the private cozumel jeep tour is a little more expensive, and believe it cost $69 per person, but was still cheaper than the other jeep tours.

So yea the bar hop tour with cozumelcruiseexcursions.net was lots of fun, and highly recommend it. But would also recommend taking a look at their custom private cozumel jeep tour too.

Just so any readers are aware....Cozumel Bar Hop Bus tour and the one sponsored by cozumelexcursions are two totally different tours and companies. I am recommending the Cozumel Bar Hop Bus, but have never experienced the other one.

Thanks for the feedback Barbara! We take day trips over from Playa and usually rent a car and drive but that sounds like a great day, and we wouldn't want to be driving of course. We'll look at them in the future. :)

Just so any readers are aware....Cozumel Bar Hop Bus tour and the one sponsored by cozumelexcursions are two totally different tours and companies. I am recommending the Cozumel Bar Hop Bus, but have never experienced the other one.

Thanks! :)

Welcome to CC, seven posts in less than an hour - that's quite an impressive start!

This is only the second review I have ever read on CC for this tour. The website description seems to have remained the same since the previous poster so I am interested to hear if you followed the outline on that description, unlike them? Do you know the names of the places you visited? I am a regular traveler to Cozumel and would book a tour based on where I wanted to go. In particular, where did you have lunch because the first poster did not get lunch at Punta Morena, as indicated.

My second question involves the meeting point for the tour. Which pier were you at and did you have to go far to meet the tour? Is this Hop always for a private group? I see children under 4 are free, but no child price is indicated?

The website also indicates "cooler of beer, not just a free shot at each bar". Did you only get the cooler of beers to drink between bars and buy your own drinks when you got to the different locations?

Whilst it sounds like an interesting alternative to a private, non-customized tour round the island, I can't help thinking the reference to "bar hopping" is just a clever marketing ploy playing on the success of the original Bar Hop tour. Apart from the name there appears to be little else in common. My #1 concern would be that when I book a tour I want it to go where it says it is going, unless there are some particular circumstances explained to me on the day or by email.

• 2 months later...
Welcome to CC, seven posts in less than an hour - that's quite an impressive start!

This is only the second review I have ever read on CC for this tour. The website description seems to have remained the same since the previous poster so I am interested to hear if you followed the outline on that description, unlike them? Do you know the names of the places you visited? I am a regular traveler to Cozumel and would book a tour based on where I wanted to go. In particular, where did you have lunch because the first poster did not get lunch at Punta Morena, as indicated.

My second question involves the meeting point for the tour. Which pier were you at and did you have to go far to meet the tour? Is this Hop always for a private group? I see children under 4 are free, but no child price is indicated?

The website also indicates "cooler of beer, not just a free shot at each bar". Did you only get the cooler of beers to drink between bars and buy your own drinks when you got to the different locations?

Whilst it sounds like an interesting alternative to a private, non-customized tour round the island, I can't help thinking the reference to "bar hopping" is just a clever marketing ploy playing on the success of the original Bar Hop tour. Apart from the name there appears to be little else in common. My #1 concern would be that when I book a tour I want it to go where it says it is going, unless there are some particular circumstances explained to me on the day or by email.

Thanks, I enjoy sharing my experiences and forgot how fun it was to interacting on here. I had an account once before but forgot my password and closed the email account it was attached to.

The bar hop tour wasn't private and there were other people with us. They do provide a private tour that we did the year before. If memory serves me right, we stopped at punta morena to have lunch. There was a swimming pool and hammocks. As far as the other places, I don't remember the names. I'm sure there listed on their website. I'm pretty sure we did everything in the order it was listed, because if we wanted to snorkel we couldn't drink and snorkeling was the first stop.

The one place was a little hut that served coconuts, and we all got a free shot there. Well, we got free shots at all the places we stopped and the one place gave several. The cooler of beer was a Mexican version of miller lite, and wasn't bad. We would then buy drinks from the bars at a discount.

It's a family business and was one of the main reasons we booked with them 11 years ago when we did their snorkel tour. I don't believe there were any bar hop tours operating then.

We really enjoyed the bar hop, but leaning towards the private jeep tour when we return. Sorry for the delayed in response. I seldom find the time to blog, and when I do it's late at night when I can't sleep.

Would anyone recommend the Cozumel Bar Hop Bus Tour for one person? Husband and I will be on a cruise that stops there in December, but he'll likely have an activity going on onboard that day. I've been to Cozumel multiple times but never done the bar hop. I'm a little shy, but once I have a drink I turn chatty. Not sure if I'd likely find people to hang with or just be bored? I guess I'm asking if people mingled on the tour or did everyone stick to their group?

• 3 weeks later...
Would anyone recommend the Cozumel Bar Hop Bus Tour for one person? Husband and I will be on a cruise that stops there in December, but he'll likely have an activity going on onboard that day. I've been to Cozumel multiple times but never done the bar hop. I'm a little shy, but once I have a drink I turn chatty. Not sure if I'd likely find people to hang with or just be bored? I guess I'm asking if people mingled on the tour or did everyone stick to their group?

I would recommend the bar hop tour, because the people we were with were lots of fun to be around. But our tour guide was the one who really broke the ice and got everyone to have fun together. They play games that gets everyone involved, and my husband, who is also a little shy joined in after a few drinks. Its a very interactive tour, and think you will really enjoy it. But make sure you ask for Gizmo, he was lots of fun and very entertaining. He even got on the Mayan drums, and was really great. We got a great video of us dancing to the beat.

I would recommend the bar hop tour, because the people we were with were lots of fun to be around. But our tour guide was the one who really broke the ice and got everyone to have fun together. They play games that gets everyone involved, and my husband, who is also a little shy joined in after a few drinks. Its a very interactive tour, and think you will really enjoy it. But make sure you ask for Gizmo, he was lots of fun and very entertaining. He even got on the Mayan drums, and was really great. We got a great video of us dancing to the beat.

Thanks for extra details, glad you had fun.

That seals it for me and I definitely won't be doing that version as I hate being coerced into games. Looking forward to repeating the original Bar Hop in December.

Thanks for extra details, glad you had fun.

That seals it for me and I definitely won't be doing that version as I hate being coerced into games. Looking forward to repeating the original Bar Hop in December.

I wouldnt say we were coerced. He didnt force anyone to partake. My husband didnt join in until he wanted to, and was relaxing on the hammocks beforehand. After he got some food in his stomach, he started to play along. My husband said no matter what you do, he recommends Punta Morena Beach club because they have excellent fajitas. Dont know the exact price because it was included, but may be a little pricey because the margarita we got there was $8.

Well I hope you have a great time in Cozumel! Were planning on doing the private jeep tour again because we really enjoyed it more than the bar hop tour, and still includes a cooler of beer ;p