Royal caribbean zip lining weight limit?

colesc15

Hi all. I posted this on the port of call board but got no response. Has anyone recently gone on a zip line, specifically Antigua but really anywhere, where there was a weight limit and someone in your party was over the limit and how strict they are? We're going on the ones in Antigua and the limit is 250 but one in the party is roughly 270 and 6'2. Experience?

There are ALWAYS weight limits on a zip line...safety, you know! It would really be bad if someone too heavy fell off the line!

It's not a matter of them falling off - in fact it has nothing to do with that. As it was explained to me, it has to do with the calibration of each line's tension with the weight range per line and how fast the individual will be travelling. When you get to the lines, you will notice that you are in a specific lane for a line which range in weight assignment from left to right. Each line is set to a specific weight range so that each rider regardless of size and weight travels down the lines at approximately the same speed to assure a similar ride and a safe and predictable stop at the end. Individuals who exceed the maximum weight as calibrated for the heaviest rider lines would jeopardize that.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It's not a matter of them falling off - in fact it has nothing to do with that. As it was explained to me, it has to do with the calibration of each line's tension with the weight range per line and how fast the individual will be travelling. When you get to the lines, you will notice that you are in a specific lane for a line which range in weight assignment from left to right. Each line is set to a specific weight range so that each rider regardless of size and weight travels down the lines at approximately the same speed to assure a similar ride and a safe and predictable stop at the end. Individuals who exceed the maximum weight as calibrated for the heaviest rider lines would jeopardize that.

Most sensible explanation I've heard on this question. Basic physics.