Can you bring coffee creamer on board

judydoc

I always take International Coffee Creamer with me when we cruise. We were on a Carnival ship a couple of months ago and they have changed their rules. Even if the container has not been opened, you can no longer bring it on board. Does Celebrity allow it still?

Carnival changed their rules because of alcohol smuggling. You can only take canned beverages onboard now. You probably could bring it onboard Celebrity, but since a container of liquid creamer must be refrigerated after opening, I would take a box of the 24 individual creamers. The refrigerators in the cabins don't always seem that cold.

I always take International Coffee Creamer with me when we cruise. We were on a Carnival ship a couple of months ago and they have changed their rules. Even if the container has not been opened, you can no longer bring it on board. Does Celebrity allow it still?

I'm not sure if this help, but this is part of the email I received re what food is allowed to be brought on board when I asked about a celiac diet - "... dry, nonperishable food items such as cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc... also individual packets of salad dressings. Guests may not bring on board any potentially hazardous food items. (Items that require refrigeration, freezing, reheating, or storage by the galley)."

I would also agree with a previous post that mentioned the cabin fridges - they really aren't cold enough!

I always bring a box of the individual creamers onboard X when we cruise. It doesn't need refrigeration and we have never had an issue getting it onboard. What they want to avoid of course is people showing up with perishable food items and asking to have the crew refrigerate it, wasting space and crew hours.

Guests are not allowed to bring on board any food items other than dry, nonperishable snack items (cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc).

Guests are not allowed to bring on board any food items other than dry, nonperishable snack items (cookies, crackers, chips, energy bars, etc).

I find it funny that celebrity answers this question rather quickly, but often times when people post substantial questions there is no answer by celebrity.

Thanks for the replies. Going out to get my creamers today!

Enjoy! I always bring along a bottle of International Delight creamer in my carry-on. Has never, ever been an issue! It would be nice if Celebrity would provide the small "flavored" creamers for coffee - possibly to go along with "Modern Luxury"!

For crying out loud -- who are you any way -- have you ever even taken a cruise? I ALWAYS take individual creamers - you know those tiny little cup things. They hold a teaspoon of creamer - that doesn't need to be refrigerated. What next - you going to confiscate creamers? I can't believe that you get paid for these responses. :cool:

For crying out loud -- who are you any way -- have you ever even taken a cruise? I ALWAYS take individual creamers - you know those tiny little cup things. They hold a teaspoon of creamer - that doesn't need to be refrigerated. What next - you going to confiscate creamers? I can't believe that you get paid for these responses. :cool:

Wow, Jane. Maybe more creamer and less coffee, okay.