Bon Voyage Diamond Princess to NZ

NSWP

I thought with noro you were too ill to do anything? But I guess there's mild cases.

When someone reports they have Noro they really should make a big fuss of them as a thankyou! Maybe OBC as a gesture.

Gut - we had this icecream on pavlova discussion a few months ago!

I nearly died on Arcadia, even had the drips in, lied doggo for nearly a week, never been so sick in my life.

I have thought of an idea to isolate your self on the Princess ships, get a deckchair, a few days supply of popcorn and watch MUTS. LOL.

Yep, they are on holiday and will struggle through to make the most of their cruise. They cannot be told.:(

They don't want to stay in their cabin for a few days and many of them are too tight to pay the Ship's Dr bill, bearing in mind the excess on travel insurance, which is often $250.

Like on Aurora a few months ago, my gout played up, too much grog and sea food, had to go see the Doc on the ship.. £100 later and some pills. Excess on travel insurance for medical treatment was $250, so no bother claiming.

Talking about dessert, had this nice American guy, Bob, on our table on Ruby Princess in 2011, Med and Transatlantic. The waiters in the MDR called him Mr. Dessert, he had 4 different ones each evening for the 30 day B2B. He loved them so much and told the waiters, Head Waiter and Maitre'D so, thus on the last night the Dessert Chef came out with a larger than normal Pavlova, fully dressed, fruit, cream, the whole business.

Anyway back to the topic, my duo have cleaned up on the Love Boat Dreams, Crème Brulee, Black Forest Cake, Chocolate Gateau, you name it, they have had it.

Edited by NSWP

Talking about dessert, had this nice American guy, Bob, on our table on Ruby Princess in 2011, Med and Transatlantic. The waiters in the MDR called him Mr. Dessert, he had 4 different ones each evening for the 30 day B2B. He loved them so much and told the waiters, Head Waiter and Maitre'D so, thus on the last night the Dessert Chef came out with a larger than normal Pavlova, fully dressed, fruit, cream, the whole business.

Anyway back to the topic, my duo have cleaned up on the Love Boat Dreams, Crème Brulee, Black Forest Cake, Chocolate Gateau, you name it, they have had it.

That reminds me, never hesitate ordering over two dishes (aloud) , they will bring you both:o

I love when the staff do that sort of thing.

[quote name='MicCanberra']That reminds me, never hesitate ordering over two dishes (aloud) , they will bring you both:o[/QUOTE]

Or asking for chips with your din dins and ice cream with desert every night. After about day three you don't even need to ask. Don't ak me how I know:eek:, I just do.

[quote name='GUT2407']Or asking for chips with your din dins and ice cream with desert every night. After about day three you don't even need to ask. Don't ak me how I know:eek:, I just do.[/QUOTE]

We already know how you know. :D

[quote name='GUT2407']gee Muc getting sick of having to fix things for ya.[/QUOTE]
Muc, who is Muc, James Boag ? LOL.

Stop talking Kiwi Mr Gut.

ANYWAY..thread hijack, back to it...I note the Bridge Cam on Diamond is down again, they probably turned it off because they did not want the camera to spread the noro virus from the ship into our 'puters. Either that or walking a few Bogans (there are a few that somehow snuck aboard I have been told) off the gang plank. Edited by NSWP

[quote name='NSWP']Muc, who is Muc, James Boag ? LOL.

Stop talking Kiwi Mr Gut.

ANYWAY..thread hijack, back to it...I note the Bridge Cam on Diamond is down again, they probably turned it off because they did not want the camera to spread the noro virus from the ship into our 'puters. Either that or walking a few Bogans (there are a few that somehow snuck aboard I have been told) off the gang plank.[/QUOTE]

LOl, I just thought he had slipped into KIWI speak again.

Shame about the cam, maybe they have some rough weather/seas?

[SIZE="2"]Early morning arrival back home..[/SIZE]

[URL=http://s291.photobucket.com/user/kiwikruzer/media/aa%20ships/4%20di%202_zpsyzru7d8s.jpg.html][IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/kiwikruzer/aa%20ships/4%20di%202_zpsyzru7d8s.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s291.photobucket.com/user/kiwikruzer/media/aa%20ships/4%20di%201_zpspdprfjcq.jpg.html][IMG]http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll281/kiwikruzer/aa%20ships/4%20di%201_zpspdprfjcq.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[quote name='Newby58']It on channel 9 news too. They were interviewing disembarking passengers. They reported in excess of 150 people, including staff, contracted Noro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

150 people on a ship with over 4000 people on board is around 3.5%

I agree, not many considering there was 4000 on board. It was reported that some passengers did not report their illness for 4 days, hence the numbers. [emoji34]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Edited by Newby58

[quote name='MicCanberra']Reports of Noro on board and many people quarantined and having a delayed departure. The source is the Local Radio station.:([/quote]
OMG, did they shut the station down?:eek:

[quote name='MicCanberra']150 people on a ship with over 4000 people on board is around 3.5%[/QUOTE]

I would be pretty pissed off if I was one of those 3.5%
And I'm sure you and others would be too..
abd certainly wouldn't be joking about it