Anything you vow to do or refrain from on your next cruise?

Exactly, you can sometimes get a cruise for $200 per double per day, try getting that on land including, bed, food, entertainment, activities, waited upon by wonderful crew and taken to all these beautiful and interesting places.

I try to be realistic though. In my daily price comparison I include the fare (with port fees and taxes), daily gratuities where appropriate, any mandatory visa costs (@%&%$# Indonesian port stops!), AND DRINKS. This is because sometimes you can get wonderful fares, especially on RCI, but then get stung by very high drinks prices.

Mr Gut, Dr Chivas Regal works wonders as a lubricant for one's back, am having a wee dram right now.

I prefer the Strathisla single malt ;)

Strathisla is the distillery that makes Chivas Regal. We visited it during a Royal Scotsman train journey, had a tour of the distillery and a tasting of Chivas Regal and two different single malts.

I was just thinking the other day, how much have I spent on 20 or so cruises since retirement in 2003, ye gods, I could have bought a $200,000 Winnebago mobile home, but have enjoyed every minute of cruising to different places in the world. So friends, enjoy, your cruising journey, life is short and remember.... 'Adventure Before Dementia.'

I want both! Lots of cruises and a $200,000 Winnebago to tour in between cruises. :D :D

Can't afford it though. :(

• 2 weeks later...