Only one spouse with elite status

iceleven

I think that most elite benefits can be shared with another passenger sailing with you in the same cabin. The only things I can think about would be they would not receive an invitation to the Princess Grapevine wine tasting, wouldn't get free laundry and no 10% boutique discount.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Instead if getting 2 of each item in the minibar you get 1.

The platinum passenger does not get free laundry or 10 % discount or any other elite perks.

I've sailed with a non-elite level passenger & the minibar was the same as when their are 2 elites in the cabin.

Instead if getting 2 of each item in the minibar you get 1.

The platinum passenger does not get free laundry or 10 % discount or any other elite perks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Even if both were Elite you still only get 1 mini bar setup. :(

Unless in a suite then its 2.

Whether it is a spouse or regular traveling companion sharing same cabin, what, if any, disadvantages are there when only one has elite status the other Platinum?

What limits would there be on anything?

My steward on the Pacific Princess told me he could lock the fridge to keep DH from getting his grubby Platinum paws on my Elite booze. :D

• Haha 1

We were first time elite this last cruise. We got two of each item in the fridge. We asked for one coffee card and keep one of each item. We were told we had to turn in everything for two coffee cards. We could not split it I?

I think that most elite benefits can be shared with another passenger sailing with you in the same cabin. The only things I can think about would be they would not receive an invitation to the Princess Grapevine wine tasting, wouldn't get free laundry and no 10% boutique discount.

Hi Astro,

My wife isn't Elite, when I send out 'OUR' tshirts etc (Never send anything of quality) to the laundry in one bag.....no problem. .....I end up paying for her gift shop purchases:) anyway. I don't drink, DW Rarely--wine tasting a non issue. Every where I go--better yet--wherever she go's, I follow :) I Never give her card status a second thought. Neither should any spouse.

Internet minutes are used to check in on the same family members, 150 or 250 (cruise length) is more than adequate. I actually never paid attention to her card, rarely do I see it. When we are together on the ship, my card is used exclusively, as it should.

Happy sailing.

P.S. Sailing as a 'Solo' on the ROYAL I found a reasonable Supervisor who agreed that to Receive 30 coffees on 2 cards made no sense. He agreed to swap 1/2 for one coffee card. Happily I accepted the card. Not that it mattered, they NEVER came for the 1/2 mini bar. Which I offered to friends on the last evening

This happened FOR ME, not saying it would happen for anyone else.

Astro, this was when we sailed together.

Edited by blkspy

My first cruise as an elite passenger was DH's very first cruise with Princess, so I got to cruise with him 15 times before he made elite.

The mini-bar is a one-time set-up, but you still get two of everything.

I put his laundry in the bag with mine, so he got the free laundry.

He came with me every night to the EPS lounge for cocktails.

He got priority tendering with me.

He had to pay for the wine tasting.

He got priority embarkation/disembarkation.

He didn't get the 10% off in the gift shops, so I bought everything with my card. It's the same credit card anyway.

He didn't get the free internet until he made platinum.

So yes, your spouse gets treated pretty much like they're elite.

Edited by partybarbie

We were first time elite this last cruise. We got two of each item in the fridge. We asked for one coffee card and keep one of each item. We were told we had to turn in everything for two coffee cards. We could not split it I?

Lisa,

two of each item makes up one mini setup.

As to trading for a coffee card, you can only trade the entire setup for 2 coffee cards. You cannot trade one of everything for one coffee card.

My first cruise as an elite passenger was DH's very first cruise with Princess, so I got to cruise with him 15 times before he made elite.

The mini-bar is a one-time set-up, but you still get two of everything.

I put his laundry in the bag with mine, so he got the free laundry.

He came with me every night to the EPS lounge for cocktails.

He got priority tendering with me.

He had to pay for the wine tasting.

He got priority embarkation/disembarkation.

He didn't get the 10% off in the gift shops, so I bought everything with my card. It's the same credit card anyway.

He didn't get the free internet until he made platinum.

So yes, your spouse gets treated pretty much like they're elite.

As they should be. :) same experience.

My coffee card experience was what happened for ME, :) no way would I suggest this is the standard. I have plenty of coffee cards and punches left--no need to seek out another reasonable boss :)

Happy Sailing

As they should be. :) same experience.

My coffee card experience was what happened for ME, :) no way would I suggest this is the standard. I have plenty of coffee cards and punches left--no need to seek out another reasonable boss :)

Happy Sailing

Yes, my DH gets the drink package and I get the mini-bar and our two bottles of wine that we bring on the ship with us. Sometimes I will buy a coffee card. It all works out. :)

That was nice of Princess to change out half the mini-bar for you.:)

Yes you get one minibar setup even if both are elite, but I think you don't get as much.

What is considered one minibar setup?

I sailed with my brother who was platinum & got the same minibar set up as when my wife & I (both at elite) sail together.

This minibar setup description comes from the Questions section of the Captain's Circle:

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

Edited by Astro Flyer

So in other words, if my DH and I booked two different cabins, we would both get a minibar setup? We then would let our adult children stay in one of the cabins and they would have a minibar.

Yes separate cabins 1 setup in each cabin.

There would need to be 1 Elite booked in each.

This is correct, its all or none.

Got that. I just don't understand why that would be fair? If one person is elite and one not, you get the same as two elite. You should be able to trade in for one card and half minibar.

The question of fairness is regularly discussed & no matter what our opinions are it's Princess who decides what is fair for their repeat passenger benefits whether we agree with it or not.

What is fair is also discussed about Loyalty OBC...it's the same amount whether there are 1 or 2 eiites in a cabin which is how they decide to give us their gift.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Yes, my DH gets the drink package and I get the mini-bar and our two bottles of wine that we bring on the ship with us. Sometimes I will buy a coffee card. It all works out. :)

That was nice of Princess to change out half the mini-bar for you.:)

The supervisor I spoke with was a very nice lady . They never came for the items...I believe if you give a reasonable person a reasonable solution to a problem, a reasonable outcome will be achieved:) Princess has always been reasonable to me.

But the knock on Princess has always been. Want to receive a different answer, check back every 10 minutes until you get the answer you like.

Edited by blkspy