Only one spouse with elite status

iceleven

The full mini bar is always the same, I have not heard of them splitting it in half. :confused:

Where did you hear that?

Today you have:) A supervisor on the Royal gave me a coffee card, but they never came o pick up the half mini bar.

No way should this be onsidered the standard. It happened for me. Not trying to open a debate whether it is policy. Just stating an experience I had with a nice supervisor on the ROYAL. No need to be confused--my experience, no one elses.

Today you have:) A supervisor on the Royal gave me a coffee card, but they never came o pick up the half mini bar.

No way should this be onsidered the standard. It happened for me. Not trying to open a debate whether it is policy. Just stating an experience I had with a nice supervisor on the ROYAL. No need to be confused--my experience, no one elses.

No thats not what I was referring to. Post #7

The question of fairness is regularly discussed & no matter what our opinions are it's Princess who decides what is fair for their repeat passenger benefits whether we agree with it or not.

What is fair is also discussed about Loyalty OBC...it's the same amount whether there are 1 or 2 eiites in a cabin which is how they decide to give us their gift.

Fairness is a solution to your concerns at that particular moment..... which makes you smile:)

Yes separate cabins 1 setup in each cabin.

There would need to be 1 Elite booked in each.

Colo Cruiser......ill leave that post alone :eek: I will say, I enjoy reading your post and insights on this thing we love--Cruising.

My wife (Elite) and 18 yr old grand daughter (first cruise) are currently on Diamond Princess around NZ, they got the usual Elite mini bar set up, no half measure because only one Elite in cabin. But how tragic, because I am not travelling, they traded all the beers and spirits in for coke and water, sacrilege !!!

Edited by NSWP

My wife (Elite) and 18 yr old grand daughter (first cruise) are currently on Diamond Princess around NZ, they got the usual Elite mini bar set up, no half measure because only one Elite in cabin. But how tragic, because I am not travelling, they traded all the beers and spirits in for coke and water, sacrilege !!!

Haha! :D

I have been elite for several years and my traveling companion will be on her 2nd Princess cruise when we do a 30 day T/A and British Isles cruise in the Spring.

I am very familiar with the other elite perks, but am not sure about how priority tendering is handled in a situation like ours. Since we are sharing the cabin, would she be permitted to go ashore with me on the tender, or would she be expected to go separately via the usual way for non-elites?

I have not had this sort of situation not come up before, and I'd like to know the proper way to handle it.

I have been elite for several years and my traveling companion will be on her 2nd Princess cruise when we do a 30 day T/A and British Isles cruise in the Spring.

I am very familiar with the other elite perks, but am not sure about how priority tendering is handled in a situation like ours. Since we are sharing the cabin, would she be permitted to go ashore with me on the tender, or would she be expected to go separately via the usual way for non-elites?

I have not had this sort of situation not come up before, and I'd like to know the proper way to handle it.

Flamomo,

we will be on the April TA together. Anyway, as to your question; my wife and I sailed on the Grand Princess earlier this month; I am Elite, Ann is Platinum; when we checked in, they put a star on her cabin card to denote she was traveling with an elite member. When we tendered, she just came with me.

Hope this helps.

Brian

Flamomo,

we will be on the April TA together. Anyway, as to your question; my wife and I sailed on the Grand Princess earlier this month; I am Elite, Ann is Platinum; when we checked in, they put a star on her cabin card to denote she was traveling with an elite member. When we tendered, she just came with me.

Hope this helps.

Brian

OMG, I finally found out what the star means.:D

We are both elite, but only got one mini bar set up in our suite. No selection of chocolates on formal night either.

Were you in a full suite (as opposed to a minisuite)? We don't always have the second setup when we board, but a quick call to room service and they are happy to bring it. We do some trading of items, so they take care of that when we call, too.

We are both Elites. In a little over a year we have had 5 sailings with Princess in mini-suites, 80 days. We always got the one free minibar setup exactly as Astro Flyer posted in #17. The way some of these posts read is that two elites have received a double free setup in mini-suites. In other words, (4) bottles of Cognac (4) bottles of Scotch Whisky, (4) bottles of Vodka---etc. etc. Has that actually happened to some of you in mini-suites? Or perhaps not.

"Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Question: What if I have a specific request for how I’d like my mini-bar stocked?

Answer: Your mini-bar will consist of a selection of liquors, soft drinks, beer, still and sparkling water. Once on board, you may contact Room Service to change your mini-bar selection. Certain restrictions apply.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for wine?

Answer: You may exchange all of your mini-bar items for one bottle of wine valued at $40 or less.

Question: Can I exchange the items in my Elite mini-bar for full bottles of liquor?

Answer: No. Miniature bottles of liquor (50 ml) may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other miniature bottles.

Question: Can I exchange the non-alcoholic items in my Elite mini-bar for alcohol?

Answer: No. Non-alcoholic beverages may be exchanged on a one-for-one basis with other non-alcoholic varieties.

Question: What if I don't want any alcohol in my Elite mini-bar?

Answer: If you do not wish to have any alcohol in your mini-bar we will be happy to exchange your mini-bar for one of the following:

Alcoholic beverages may be exchanged for non-alcoholic beverages on a one-for-one basis

Full mini-bar may be exchanged for two (2) Coffee Cards

All water mini-bar setup will consist of eight (8) 1.5 liter bottles of water"

My wife (Elite) and 18 yr old grand daughter (first cruise) are currently on Diamond Princess around NZ, they got the usual Elite mini bar set up------- But how tragic, because I am not travelling, they traded all the beers and spirits in for coke and water, sacrilege !!!

Wow, they could have bought the water and soda and brought the good stuff back home for you.

At least it wasn't like some friends of ours who onetime got a room with free liquor, they were radical temperance, anti booze types and had a fun time pouring it all down the drain they said. Reminded me of Burt Lancaster in that old "Elmer Gantry" movie.

Were you in a full suite (as opposed to a minisuite)? We don't always have the second setup when we board, but a quick call to room service and they are happy to bring it. We do some trading of items, so they take care of that when we call, too.

Yes, we were in a full suite. I didn't call and request the second setup. I just wish personnel were better trained to provide the listed services.

This minibar setup description comes from the Questions section of the Captain's Circle:

Elite Mini-Bar

Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?

Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/contactUs.page#elite_mini-Bar

If both are elite, can this be traded in for 1 or 2 coffee cards?

Wow, they could have bought the water and soda and brought the good stuff back home for you.

At least it wasn't like some friends of ours who onetime got a room with free liquor, they were radical temperance, anti booze types and had a fun time pouring it all down the drain they said. Reminded me of Burt Lancaster in that old "Elmer Gantry" movie.

Hi kennicot...yes they could have brought the minis home for me !! Don't worry I have put my order in for a couple of 1125ml bottles of duty free scotch from the ship (can bring 2 bottles in duty free.) That is fair compensation I reckon.

As for your temperance friends pouring their mini spirits down the sink, I feel depressed just reading that. LOL. Surely they could have 'donated' them to the cabin next door or the MDR table mates.

Happy cruising to you.

Hi kennicot...yes they could have brought the minis home for me !! Don't worry I have put my order in for a couple of 1125ml bottles of duty free scotch from the ship (can bring 2 bottles in wine? duty free.) That is fair compensation I reckon.

As for your temperance friends pouring their mini spirits down the sink, I feel depressed just reading that. LOL. Surely they could have 'donated' them to the cabin next door or the MDR table mates.

Happy cruising to you.

You cannot bring scotch onboard! You will have it delivered from the boutique onboard the day before disembarkation....

"Only one spouse with elite status..."

I saw this at glance and a quick thought was "How many spouses are there?"

Very common, one spouse with higher status, my DW made Platium before I did. I just walked behind with my tail between my legs.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app