FAO Mr Richard D Fain amd Larry Pimental

procter

Proctor, I read your comments with interest. As someone who has cruised on Azamara since 2008 agree that there have been many changes including some cutbacks in common with most other cruise lines.

From your post think it is possible that you are looking for a different cruise experience than me and possibly Azamara may no longer suit you.

Indeed, there have been many changes and, since we first sailed Azamara, I think that some of those changes have been very positive.

1/ On our last cruise we were very much impressed with the manner in which

"White Night" has evolved into a very well-organized, entertaining evening.

2/ As well, the labelling of foods for potential allergy issues is much appreciated, as is the ship-wide communication concerning passengers with said allergies. In the past, we sometimes found that communication between Miami and the ship on these issues was spotty at best.

3/ Although there is some concern about the quality of wines provided, we really appreciate the "more inclusive" policy. This appreciation was increased after our last cruise on Celebrity.

4/ Perhaps we are seen as poor targets but we have experienced, on our last two cruises, even less upsell pressure than previously. There was no attention drawn to drink "packages".

5/ The addition of Nicole Lukacs as LCV Ambassador in Miami, and the continuance of the CBO position on this forum, speak to a concern for improved customer service.

Where we will suggest improvement is in the pre-dinner entertainment, particularly in the Discoveries Lounge from 5:30 on. Although we are a huge proponent of the harp music we must confess that, in truth, it is a loyalty to one harpist, Mary. She had flair and showmanship and we have particularly fond memories of her performances at the afternoon tea in Looking Glass.

On the other hand, on our first cruise the harpist was a shy young lady who did not create such an impact. In fact, to be honest, her efforts were largely ignored by those having drinks in the Discoveries Lounge. However, we would like to see performance of music in that venue at that time period. That was a plus for Celebrity.

Correctly, as the OP pointed out, Coca Cola made a huge mistake in advancing "New Coke" and it, like the Edsel, are often cited as corporate executive failure. On the other hand, it is also true that that failure has not deterred Coca Cola from running out new products (450 in 2014 alone). And it is not clear to me, given the push for healthier products, that traditional Coca Cola itself will remain the flagship offering and primary source of revenue. Eventually, the new products may well save the company.

I am certain that Larry P. and his staff are capable of missteps (witness the original reform of the loyalty programme), and I hope they consider Procter's thoughtful suggestions. However, we must recall that a few years ago there was speculation that Azamara would cease to exist. In fact, one "well-informed" cruiser cancelled future reservations based upon that fear. The "re-imagining" of the cruise ships should lead to a new era. Consequently, although the prices we enjoyed in the early days are gone, they were unsustainable even then and more realistic fares necessary.

Finally, if in a person's assessment the glass is "half-empty", then it is indeed half-empty. I'm certain that, despite the best of intentions, no cruise line can meet everyone's expectation.

Indeed, there have been many changes and, since we first sailed Azamara, I think that some of those changes have been very positive.

Wonderfully thoughtful posting.

And, by the way, after the New Coke fiasco, Coke went on to bury a Pepsi that had drawn even and maybe even ahead of Coke before the New Coke announcement, leading some actually to suggest the whole thing was a strategic move by Coca Cola to regain supremacy.:eek:

Things haven't gone downhill as described at the top of the thread. Yes, we can see that a bit of cost cutting has been done but, given the posts I've seen on other cruise company threads, no more than by any other company. You still get a very good deal on Azamara:

- included drinks, and a very good range too, certainly plenty to satisfy us

- included gratuities

- very good food, wherever you eat

- speciality coffees included

- all day snacks included at the Mosaic cafe

- plenty of very comfy sun beds

- above all, fantastic staff and crew, who really make each and every guest feel special.

Do book with Azamara - I guarantee that you'll enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. My first Azamara cruise is in May and I've started to regret the decision based on all the negative posts I've been reading. Your post has reassured me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wonderfully thoughtful posting.

And, by the way, after the New Coke fiasco, Coke went on to bury a Pepsi that had drawn even and maybe even ahead of Coke before the New Coke announcement, leading some actually to suggest the whole thing was a strategic move by Coca Cola to regain supremacy.:eek:

It's also been theorized that the whole thing was engineered to change the formulation in the US from real sugar to corn syrup. Coke or cruises, seems that for most products, if one doesn't like the product any longer, one should find a new product that meets ones needs. :D I'm anxious to experience the reimagined Azamara Journey in the next couple of weeks and see for myself if I'm getting sugar or corn syrup!

Thank you. My first Azamara cruise is in May and I've started to regret the decision based on all the negative posts I've been reading. Your post has reassured me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I can assure you that you will not be disappointed with your cruise. My list below shows my cruise experience. I might have posted some negative things, but that is just to try and make Azamara perfect. They are getting close,

Other – Some customers in the know seem to get better service, better wine etc. You can’t ask for something you don’t know is available. It really shouldn’t be like this. The Crew should help all of us equally.

Good point. On our first cruise, we didn't know that anything in Mosaic was included until we were waiting to disembark on the last morning! On the next cruise, we asked for something in Mosaic - a coffee with liquor, I think - and were told that either it wasn't available at all, or it was chargeable - I can't recall which. However, the point is that it is not crystal clear what is included, when and where.

I'm in the same situation as you (first Az cruise in August), but frankly I found this whole thread reassuring -- getting all the lamented "cuts" in one place made me realize that very few of them will affect my enjoyment anyway. I'm sorry for those who will miss these things, but they certainly pale in significance next to the pictures of the glorious renovation of Journey!