chefs table/culinary institute???

lahlah57

Are you talking about tha Master Chef;s Table? That's a special dinner for a fee for a limited number of people. (Not to be confused with an MDR menu often served on the last/final night)

Totally separate from culinary classes or demonstrations.

Not sure if I understood the question or not.

Koningsdam has a new dining venue in the Culinary Arts center in the evening .

Supposedly Chef demo and then eat the demo. Herbs grown for use in the center in special cases.

Unfortunately, there has been no further info about pricing or booking availability.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Koningsdam has a new dining venue in the Culinary Arts center in the evening .

Supposedly Chef demo and then eat the demo. Herbs grown for use in the center in special cases.

Unfortunately, there has been no further info about pricing or booking availability.

On all cruises there are opportunities to go to cooking demonstrations. I have found in the past that they hand out a small tasting of what the chef was cooking in the demo. These are free, you show up, watch, receive a receipe card and do a small taste. That said it may be that the demo's held in that area where the "garden" is growing and he/she will make use of all the fresh herbs. We will have to wait and see...

We have done quite a few of the Chef's Dinner / Chef's Table also known as Chef Rudi's dinner. Yup -- 3 different names -- could be more depending on the ship.

On the ships we have been -- it has been held in the back part of the Pinnacle Grill and it was always the same menu on each ship -- same price -- $89 per person. It started out at $69 per person.

But it is to be different on the Koningsdam.

So we will all have to wait and see and hopefully some of the first passengers who sail on her will do the dinner and report back to us.

On all cruises there are opportunities to go to cooking demonstrations. I have found in the past that they hand out a small tasting of what the chef was cooking in the demo. These are free, you show up, watch, receive a receipe card and do a small taste. That said it may be that the demo's held in that area where the "garden" is growing and he/she will make use of all the fresh herbs. We will have to wait and see...

This is not the same as the daytime free demos. It is a paid speciality dining option in the evening, along with PG, Canaletto,Tamarind and SelDeMer.

From the KDAM brochure, "Our signature show kitchen for demos and hands on cooking classes during the day now transforms to a dinner venue at night! Based on the popular farm to table movement,dinner at the CAC will feature simple,artisenal dishes prepared chefs at the center of the action."

This is not the same as the daytime free demos. It is a paid speciality dining option in the evening, along with PG, Canaletto,Tamarind and SelDeMer.

From the KDAM brochure, "Our signature show kitchen for demos and hands on cooking classes during the day now transforms to a dinner venue at night! Based on the popular farm to table movement,dinner at the CAC will feature simple,artisenal dishes prepared chefs at the center of the action."

Now this sounds like an entertaining evening.......love this stuff. This is what I would spend my OBC on.:p

We have done quite a few of the Chef's Dinner / Chef's Table also known as Chef Rudi's dinner. Yup -- 3 different names -- could be more depending on the ship.

On the ships we have been -- it has been held in the back part of the Pinnacle Grill and it was always the same menu on each ship -- same price -- $89 per person. It started out at $69 per person.

But it is to be different on the Koningsdam.

So we will all have to wait and see and hopefully some of the first passengers who sail on her will do the dinner and report back to us.

Thats what I am hoping for.....info :)