Port of Tampa Closed AGAIN!!

johnny75

We are sitting in our cabin on the Paradise. Some people are getting off tonight (as I type) - they gave us the option. I think the majority are staying on until tomorrow morning. They have been really great accommodating us. I feel terrible for the people whose cabin I am in tonight, but am glad to hear they are at least getting a 50% refund. Hope they enjoy their cruise. The staff is great and the cruise has been a lot of fun!

I would be happy to get a 50% refund for losing 25% of the cruise. But I imagine it cost a bit for a hotel for tonight that was unplanned.

This weather does not happen that often, a couple of times a year and at this time of the year. I think everyone would admit that weather this winter has been extreme and unpredictable all over the country. I would much rather have rain and fog than 2 feet of snow!

Tampa is a great and convenient port and the airport is a great airport if you fly in! I would not avoid it for a chance of fog because more often than not it is not foggy!

Winter mostly, mid March should be fine.

The port can close for fog anywhere from november through April, but you're right that it tends to happen most often from December-February. With this weird winter, though, who knows?

Yes, crazy weather indeed! Places getting snow that normally don't, we have had snow storms here (Dallas) the last two years and it is going to be 70 this weekend. There were tornados in December in the two towns next to mine and tornados in Florida, I think I even heard of a hurricane last week..in January??? It's nuts. :eek:

I would be happy to get a 50% refund for losing 25% of the cruise. But I imagine it cost a bit for a hotel for tonight that was unplanned.

This weather does not happen that often, a couple of times a year and at this time of the year. I think everyone would admit that weather this winter has been extreme and unpredictable all over the country. I would much rather have rain and fog than 2 feet of snow!

Tampa is a great and convenient port and the airport is a great airport if you fly in! I would not avoid it for a chance of fog because more often than not it is not foggy!

I live 30 minutes from the Tampa port but either drive to Canaveral or Miami to cruise because of the frequency with which the port here is closed.

I also like the choice of bigger ships which isn't going to happen here unless/until the port moves.

34 cruises out of Galveston,major fog problem once, some 2-4 hour delays on several. There is no guarantee of missed flights ANYWHERE. Will not look for you in Galveston, New Orleans, or Tampa. Wishing you smooth-problem free sailing. Tom

We always sail out of Galveston and sometimes NOLA - never had a problem with fog that lasted more than about 2 hours - and that was very rare.