Once on the ship

Fish66

But we arrive by boat across Prince William sound so should be speccy. Our luggage should be there already as we had to hand it over five days earlier! But guessing we will grab our first drink, muster, sailaway then eat. A busy day. But someone else in control of when we arrive.

Sounds awesome, Pushka. I'm sure that will more than make up for the late boarding. :)

Sounds awesome, Pushka. I'm sure that will more than make up for the late boarding. :)

This is my ultimate bucket list trip for one of those nasty '0' birthdays. Been dreaming of it for as long as I can remember.

Strange nobody mentioned a 'Nanna Nap' or a 'Grand Pa Nap' when you first hit your cabin. LOL.

I am hopeless at packing/unpacking and storing stuff, so I leave that to 'She who shall be obeyed' and I go and carry out quality control at a couple of the ship's bars, heh, heh. Really just to check if my cruise card works !! LOL.

Edited by NSWP

Head to the desk and put my name on the list for the Ultimate Ship Tour. Drop my hand luggage if possible. Wander around, see the sights. Avoid the buffet, get a burger for lunch if the burger place is open (which it should be). Enjoy sail away. Use last minutes of being able to access my ipads data (before we get too far from shore) to upload photos to facebook to make folks at home jealous.

Strange nobody mentioned a 'Nanna Nap' or a 'Grand Pa Nap' when you first hit your cabin. LOL.

We did that on our first cruise! We had grand intentions of checking out the ship, having a swim, enjoying a few drinks etc etc. But in the event, the r laity was that I had travelled Auckland to London, London to Venice the day before and we hadn't got to sleep in our hotel room in Venice till well after midnight. Excitement meant I was up at sparrows fart and dragged my poor husband all over Venice before breakfast. So by 2pm we were completely shattered and spent the first few hours on the ship having a nana nap!

The second cruise was with the kids so we went straight to the restaurant to eat (opted to steer clear of the buffet on the first day) by the time we finished lunch the cabins were ready so we go our carry on into our rooms, changed into swim wear and went for a swim and an explore around the top deck. We saw a manatee swimming and the wharf and discovered the pizza kiosk! It was a great start to the cruise so I reakon we'll do something similar for the next two we have scehduled.