Don't miss these meals???

missdaisy

Beef Wellington in the MDR. We had it on the Conquest on the Jan. 9-17th cruise. It was excellent. Our group of four had it, all were really impressed.

Hubby and I normally never eat in the MDR anymore, on any ship. We did this time as we were travelling with friends. We still did the Chef's table, and the Point Steakhouse twice.

I agree that everyone's tastes are different but here are a few of my faves: Cream of sun ripened tomato soup and the warm fig, date and cinnamon cake (I wish they would offer this more than just one night). For the main course, I always enjoy the tender braised beef brisket in gravy and the Chateaubriand. Also the bacon mac & cheese is wonderful! DH and I usually order it and share it along with our entrees on the night that it's offered.

Asparagus vichyssoise is good.

Haven't seen beef wellington in a long time.

Prime rib is hit or miss. Baked potato with all the extras are good.

Creme brulee.

Escargot, mushrooms, cheese plate.

Caesar salad in MDR is better than in steakhouse.

Edited by crusinpsychRN

We used to do the MDR every night and usually got decent food. The experience is nice with such good service. But now with all of the options: Guys, Tacos, JiJi, Steakhouse.....it's hard to say. Try it all and see what you like!

We found any of the fried foods were terrible. Fried food must be served immediately out of the deep fryer, 2 minutes under warming lights and it's soggy and tasteless. Same as the fries with the burgers, I would always wait for a fresh batch as the ones in the warmer for 5 minutes are already bad.

They have wonderful soups! I especially love the pumpkin soup and the lobster bisque!

The flatbreads are good, and I really like the escargot, smoked duck, mussels, Seared Ahi Tuna, beef carpaccio, shrimp cocktail and the Ox tongue!

Like the Chicken with sausage stuffing, most all of the pasta dishes, Lobster, and the port of call dishes are usually delish! I did try a good Indian vegetarian dish one night too.

Also, love the steakhouse and Chef's Table. Both are not to be missed!

Someone else posted a picture of the Lobster you order in the MDR, upcharge but is well worth it! It's a large portion! You can Each get an entrée and then a lobster to share one night!

There are a lot of good choices! Enjoy!

Now I've made myself hungry! :)

Is the Sea Day Brunch Huevos Rancheros better than Blue Iguana's?[/Quote]

dont know ....never ate an iguana

I don't know...... I'm pretty open to new culinary experiences and might have eaten an iguana but I'm pretty sure it wasn't a blue one! 😱